Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Romar's fans already making excuses for next year, and the year after that

Perused the dawgman basketball bored and the general consensus is that Romar could lose every game the rest of the year and his seat won't be remotely warm due to the recruiting class and that "they have been close in most of the games we've lost".

So with this amazing recruiting class coming in, what's the prediction for next year????

Somewhere between 7th and 9th in the Pac-12. Next year the team will be very young and Romar is just getting his feet under him again in recruiting. Of course, Murray will be 1 and done, and NWG will be gone so he gets at least 3 more years to see if he can catch fire after having a solid recruiting class for next year.

Comments

• Options
    ThomasFremontThomasFremont Member Posts: 13,325
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes

Perused the dawgman basketball bored and the general consensus is that Romar could lose every game the rest of the year and his seat won't be remotely warm due to the recruiting class and that "they have been close in most of the games we've lost".

So with this amazing recruiting class coming in, what's the prediction for next year????

Somewhere between 7th and 9th in the Pac-12. Next year the team will be very young and Romar is just getting his feet under him again in recruiting. Of course, Murray will be 1 and done, and NWG will be gone so he gets at least 3 more years to see if he can catch fire after having a solid recruiting class for next year.

I don't think Murray will be one and done.
  • Options
    DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 60,065
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club
    I don't even know who Murray is — how do you like them apples?
  • Options
    FreeChavezFreeChavez Member Posts: 3,223
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    At some point there will be a majority of faans to love romar, but realize his time has passes. Romar himself has to know he's been given ample rope. I'm still under the impression he is fired after this season. A team full of frosh is going to need new guidance anyhow, Let's just cut bate and let him leave after this season. It's time for him to move on, and our fan base needs something else to get excited about in hec-ed.

If the DM.c narrative is true, we're staring down the barrel at 6 years without an nccaa run. Possibly 8.

Great guy, great run, time to turn the page.
  • Options
    RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Next year is a big year for Romar. At some point, he will run out of rope if he doesn't make a tournament.
  • Options

At some point there will be a majority of faans to love romar, but realize his time has passes. Romar himself has to know he's been given ample rope. I'm still under the impression he is fired after this season. A team full of frosh is going to need new guidance anyhow, Let's just cut bate and let him leave after this season. It's time for him to move on, and our fan base needs something else to get excited about in hec-ed.

If the DM.c narrative is true, we're staring down the barrel at 6 years without an nccaa run. Possibly 8.

Great guy, great run, time to turn the page.

He's not getting fired this season, even if they lose every game left.

If you think he's getting fired, you're delusional.
  • Options
    unfrozencavemanunfrozencaveman Member Posts: 2,303
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment
    Fremont - do you think he would want to coach after UW, whatever timeframe that is? I thought he was a bit older than he is, but he's only 56

Hoping he could just retire on the Sammamish Plateau, play some golf, and stay involved somehow
  • Options

Fremont - do you think he would want to coach after UW, whatever timeframe that is? I thought he was a bit older than he is, but he's only 56

Hoping he could just retire on the Sammamish Plateau, play some golf, and stay involved somehow

No, I think UW is likely his last job as a HC. I think he keeps going for 4-5 years. UW will let him play it out and retire on his terms. A coach on the hot seat doesn't kick his best/only post player mid-season.
  • Options
    Fire_Marshall_BillFire_Marshall_Bill Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 22,854
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club
    edited February 2015
    He will survive this year unless they go 3-15 and even then, the Doogs will bring up what he did 5-10 years ago to defend him. I can hear Snow Globe Fain ask who else you would get now (Tony Bennett and 25 others dipshit).

• Options
    TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,815
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes 5 Fuck Offs
    Pool Boy needs to make a hard decision about Romar because this program is dead under Romar
  • Options
    TierbsHsotBoobsTierbsHsotBoobs Member Posts: 39,680
    Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary

Next year is a big year for Romar. At some point, he will run out of rope if he doesn't make a tournament.

No racist crap.
  • Options
    TierbsHsotBoobsTierbsHsotBoobs Member Posts: 39,680
    Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary

He will survive this year unless they go 3-15 and even then, the Doogs will bring up what he did 5-10 years ago to defend him. I can hear Snow Globe Fain ask who else you would get now (Tony Bennett and 25 others dipshit).

Just look at the guy on the other bench today.
  • Options
    AlexisAlexis Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 2,998
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Softy on KJR right now (I know, fuck off) and he gives Romar the biggest endorsement one can give. Says he isn't as bad as Ty Willingham.

So, LoRo has that going for him, which is nice.
  • Options
    DooglesDoogles Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 12,475
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Alexis said:

Softy on KJR right now (I know, fuck off) and he gives Romar the biggest endorsement one can give. Says he isn't as bad as Ty Willingham.

What's the 1 thing he has in common with Ty? Interesting comparison, or not.
  • Options
    Alexis said:

I know Romar gets a lot of flack around here, but comparing him to Ty is SoftyFS.

• Options
    dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    Doogles said:

Alexis said:

What's the 1 thing he has in common with Ty? Interesting comparison, or not.
    Ty's probably the only corch Softy ever wanted fired (and of course, even then not until owen12 showed up). Romar's not as bad as Ty, ergo don't fire him.

Either that or YR, Softy's Hugh Millen Fucking Racist. 'Bundance?
  • Options
    greenbloodgreenblood Member Posts: 14,279
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment Combo Breaker

Alexis said:

I know Romar gets a lot of flack around here, but comparing him to Ty is SoftyFS.

Saying Romar isn't as bad as Ty is endorsement enough to be fired.

Examples:

(blank) relief pitcher isn't as bad as Ayala

(blank) hitter isn't as bad as Mendoza

(blank) quarterback isn't as bad as Leaf

I think you get the picture
  • Options

Alexis said:

Examples:

Petersen isn't as bad as Ty either. I guess we should fire him.

But if you want to use SoftyFS logic, knock yourself out.
  • Options
    edited February 2015

Alexis said:

Examples:

You missed my point. If your one defense of a coach, is saying he isn't as bad as Ty, that coach needs to be fired. Petersen obviously isn't as bad as Ty, but is anyone even having to make that argument?
  • Options

Alexis said:

Examples:

I think you missed my point. If your one defense of a coach, is saying he isn't as bad as Ty, that coach needs to be fired. Petersen obviously isn't as bad as Ty, but is anyone even having to make that argument?
    Softy is the one making that argument.

What more needs to be said here?
  • Options
    edited February 2015

Alexis said:

Examples:

I think you missed my point. If your one defense of a coach, is saying he isn't as bad as Ty, that coach needs to be fired. Petersen obviously isn't as bad as Ty, but is anyone even having to make that argument?
    Softy is the one making that argument.

What more needs to be said here?
    But nobody else is making an argument. Meaning the doogiest of doogs has only Ty as the justification for keeping Romar around. Is there any good reason he should stay?

The Beaver basketball program has more upside than Romar's team.