Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Comments

• Options
    RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Every prospect goes through the ringer. This happens every year. The media needs the drama. RG3 was possibly going to be picked over Luck. Cam Newton really struggled with his accuracy in front of scouts. Mariota will be picked apart by draftniks before going #1.
  • Options
    FenwickFenwick Member Posts: 1,174
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Comment 5 Awesomes
    That was like reading a bowl of excrement. It stunk. I am certain tht MM is horribly worried and cannot sleep at night. Probably kill himself. Woe...
  • Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,443
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    it was funny. Lighten up Francis, the author is a Mariota fan
  • Options
    HuskyJWHuskyJW Guest, Member Posts: 14,183
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Anybody that picks Winston over Mariota needs to be fired on the spot.
  • Options
    greenbloodgreenblood Member Posts: 14,279
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment Combo Breaker
    HuskyJW said:

I don't know if it's that bad of a call. Winston is the much better passer of the two, and in the end it is a passing league. Now, if Mariota isn't one of the first two quarterbacks taken, then yes those responsible should be fired.
  • Options
    HuskyJWHuskyJW Guest, Member Posts: 14,183

HuskyJW said:

I don't know if it's that bad of a call. Winston is the much better passer of the two, and in the end it is a passing league. Now, if Mariota isn't one of the first two quarterbacks taken, then yes those responsible should be fired.
    I will agree....but Winston doesn't have it upstairs compared to Mariota. And that's saying something.
  • Options
    HuskyJW said:

HuskyJW said:

I will agree....but Winston doesn't have it upstairs compared to Mariota. And that's saying something.
    I do think it depends on the team. Some teams will be able to keep him in check.
  • Options
    DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 60,100
    Founders Club
    HuskyJW said:

HuskyJW said:

He was a 4.0 GPA student who was accepted into Stanford. Winston has it upstairs, but his problem is one of extreme immaturity.
  • Options
    Mosster47Mosster47 Member Posts: 6,246
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    If I'm an NFL GM I'm taking the guy from FSU.
  • Options
    GrundleStiltzkinGrundleStiltzkin Member Posts: 61,481
    Standard Supporter

HuskyJW said:

HuskyJW said:

He was a 4.0 GPA student who was accepted into Stanford. Winston has it upstairs, but his problem is one of extreme immaturity.
  • Options
    RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Winston threw 17 INT's. In college. What part of that is being a better passer? Even if he had a squeaky clean record, 17 picks would give me pause. It's not like Winston was putting a shitty team on his back. He had a great OL, great WR's/TE's and good RB's, yet he still threw 17 picks.

I've never been impressed with Winston. Even in the year he won the Heisman, he was regularly bailed out by Benjamin. He would throw the ball up for grabs up and Benjamin would come down with it because he was so dominant.

Winston is a fucking idiot. Even if Mariota is a project, he will study hard and get better. He has a strong arm and he's really fast. At worst, he's a more level headed Kaepernick, who despite criticism, is a legitimate starting QB you can win with.
  • Options
    RaccoonHarryRaccoonHarry Member Posts: 2,160
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Name Dropper

HuskyJW said:

HuskyJW said:

After hearing Winston speak I'd be real cautious of that 4.0. Think he got a lot of A's because of his notoriety? I do. I'll believe the 4.0 when I read where he gets into double digits on his Wonderlich.
  • Options
    DooglesDoogles Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 12,475
    Swaye's Wigwam
    edited February 2015
    Winston is a better passer than Mariota.

Mariota is actually pretty shaky in the beginning of big games and tends to air mail it. I think deep down the kid has nerves and will get rattled big time in the NFL. Let's not forget how open Oregon receivers are for 98% of their games.

Winston did throw the picks, not saying he's a slam dunk, but he has the better arm and attitude that can handle NFL pressure.
  • Options
    TierbsHsotBoobsTierbsHsotBoobs Member Posts: 39,680
    Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary
    This feels like Couch and Akili 2: Electric Boogaloo.
  • Options
    ThomasFremontThomasFremont Member Posts: 13,325

AKA both will suck in the NFL?

I'd buy that.
  • Options
    SteveInSheltonSteveInShelton Member Posts: 1,611
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes

Winston threw 17 INT's. In college. What part of that is being a better passer? Even if he had a squeaky clean record, 17 picks would give me pause. It's not like Winston was putting a shitty team on his back. He had a great OL, great WR's/TE's and good RB's, yet he still threw 17 picks.

I've never been impressed with Winston. Even in the year he won the Heisman, he was regularly bailed out by Benjamin. He would throw the ball up for grabs up and Benjamin would come down with it because he was so dominant.

Winston is a fucking idiot. Even if Mariota is a project, he will study hard and get better. He has a strong arm and he's really fast. At worst, he's a more level headed Kaepernick, who despite criticism, is a legitimate starting QB you can win with.

I agree with this, however Kaepernick got to sit a year and then was put into a fantastic situation where he had an awesome defense and a strong running game. Mariota won't have either of those and will probably have to start right away. That's the primary reason I think he will flame out. It's more telling of the whole draft process. Build your team up before getting a QB rather than putting your new QB into a shit situation and destroying him.
  • Options
    TierbsHsotBoobsTierbsHsotBoobs Member Posts: 39,680
    Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary

AKA both will suck in the NFL?

I'd buy that.
    Exactly. Winston will flame out and Mariota just won't be very good.
  • Options
    How does Mariota project as a safety?
  • Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,443
    Swaye's Wigwam

How does Mariota project as a safety?

Too Hawaiian