Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

AJ Carty is a Boss Snapper

chrissailerkicking.com/rubio-long-snapping-blog/vegas-xxv-average-snap-speeds/

His average snap time was .56 seconds. Out of 100's of kids he was the only one under .6 seconds... The NFL considers .6-.7 to be NFL snapper worthy.

I am a dork.

Comments

• Options
    HuskyJWHuskyJW Guest, Member Posts: 14,183
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Thank the Good Lord.

Because Ekland told us Durkee is awful and takes forever to punt and will get multiple kicks blocked.

Even though he never has.
  • Options
    whatshouldicareaboutwhatshouldicareabout Member Posts: 12,447
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes

His average snap time was .56 seconds. Out of 100's of kids he was the only one under .6 seconds... The NFL considers .6-.7 to be NFL snapper worthy.

I am a dork.

It's worth noting that that is measured over 12 snaps.

So it's not like he has some snaps that are fast and some that are slow... he is consistent with his speed over the course of a dozen snaps.
  • Options
    dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614

I am a dork.

It's worth noting that that is measured over 12 snaps.

So it's not like he has some snaps that are fast and some that are slow... he is consistent with his speed over the course of a dozen snaps.
    It's also worth noting that the range of factors that could skew results over a sample as small as 12 is pretty small, especially when we're talking something a difference of 1/10 of a second being the difference between great and simply good.

I'm comfortable saying he has above average long snap times. There's still too much noise to conclude anything beyond that.
  • Options
    LoneStarDawgLoneStarDawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 13,118
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club
    i remember back in the HHB days we just wanted our players to smoke weed and farfegnugen things up....

now it's about long snapping and church schooling, we've come full circle.
  • Options
    H_DH_D Member Posts: 6,098
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment

H_D said:

Is it legal for the long snapper to snap downfield to a receiver?

Would be a better option than Miley launching 15 yard rainbows.

AJ Carty, face down, ass up... better QB than Miles by miles.

I enjoy the image of some clown like Tufunga lobbing some snap toward him and Carty grabbing it, spinning, bending over (pedobear.jpg) and lasering the ball to Mickens on a bubble screen or to Lenius for a 10 yard out (dare to dream!).
    You had me at "bubble screen."
  • Options
    GrandpaSankeyGrandpaSankey Member Posts: 956
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes

H_D said:

Is it legal for the long snapper to snap downfield to a receiver?

Would be a better option than Miley launching 15 yard rainbows.

AJ Carty, face down, ass up... better QB than Miles by miles.

I enjoy the image of some clown like Tufunga lobbing some snap toward him and Carty grabbing it, spinning, bending over (pedobear.jpg)and lasering the ball to Mickens on a bubble screen or to Lenius for a 10 yard out (dare to dream!).
    If your mind's eye is as good as mine, you're brb, jo'ing right now.
  • Options
    RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    I only care about the long snapper if he sucks.
  • Options
    dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614

I am a dork.

Thick and strong body. Massive legs with great power in the them. Starting form is excellent and he snaps one of the tightest balls in the country. Ball is quick and Carty showed how quick it was by winning the speed competition of the camp with times in the mid to high 0.6s! Explodes well with his lower half and the harder he snaps, the better his speeds will be and the more separation he will create between he and the defender when he sets to block. He is ready right now to snap in college. Tremendous Long Snapper that can play anywhere in the country.

• Options
    animateanimate Member Posts: 4,231
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    I forgot about this thread.

Long snapping. It's important.
  • Options
    FireCohenFireCohen Member Posts: 21,823
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes
    I haven’t heard his name for the past 3 years. He must be good