Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

question for the bored

2»

Comments

• SwayeSwaye Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 41,358 Founders Club
    edited August 2013
    I'd rather slowly roast in a fire than listen to the front side of 2112

loadsock said:

Some of the most talented musicians out there and Neil Peart is arguably the best drummer every right next to Dream Theater's Mike Portnoy.

This is how the "superiority guy" joke got started. There is an Internet law, not yet named, so call it Damone's law, that when discussing the best musician in any category, someone will eventually pull out a name very few people have heard of, from a band that very few people have heard of, in order to show just how deep, and superior their knowledge on the subject is.

Fetters is great at this.

Well Done
    Spot on with your poont. However, many people have heard of Dream Theatre. Most intricate "metal" compositions ever, and they are known pretty far and wide for it if you listen to music that isn't half gay like Rush.

Plus, they look like they could survive a few days after the apocalypse.

But yeah, Fetters is a know it all fag.

• CheersWestDawgCheersWestDawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 2,477 Swaye's Wigwam
    The Field
    Swaye said:

loadsock said:

Some of the most talented musicians out there and Neil Peart is arguably the best drummer every right next to Dream Theater's Mike Portnoy.

This is how the "superiority guy" joke got started. There is an Internet law, not yet named, so call it Damone's law, that when discussing the best musician in any category, someone will eventually pull out a name very few people have heard of, from a band that very few people have heard of, in order to show just how deep, and superior their knowledge on the subject is.

Fetters is great at this.

Well Done
    But yeah, Fetters is a know it all fag.

$75,000
  • MeekMeek Member Posts: 7,031
    I left Canada because of Rush
  • dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    Still better than Styx
  • DooglesDoogles Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 12,548 Founders Club
    The only thing I know about Rush is that it was a big Judd Apatow gang thing and they featured it in I love you man and this is 40 sequel.

I can't hate people from the era loving it, but at the end of the day it was just another shitty rebellious 80s band that appealed to angsty teens of the era.
  • SledogSledog Member Posts: 33,216 Standard Supporter
    I dispose of excess glassware by exposing it to Rush vocals.
  • Pitchfork51Pitchfork51 Member Posts: 26,860
    edited June 2017
    Doogles said:

The only thing I know about Rush is that it was a big Judd Apatow gang thing and they featured it in I love you man and this is 40 sequel.

I can't hate people from the era loving it, but at the end of the day it was just another shitty rebellious 80s band that appealed to angsty teens of the era.

I've come to hate Judd apatow movies
    Every movie seems like this big inside joke where they all try to prove they are so clever.

• RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 104,641 Founders Club
    Rush was a 70's band
  • AZDuckAZDuck Member Posts: 15,381
    edited June 2017