Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Texas Offering Oregon Commit PJ Locke

AZDuckAZDuck Member Posts: 15,381
First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Answer
Oregon DB commit PJ Locke has received a scholarship offer from Texas. The youngster is from Beaumont, TX, and has been part of a group of Oregon commits who have been active in recruiting other kids to Eugene, so it seems unlikely that he would flip at this point, but you never know, and Austin is MUCH closer to Beaumont than Eugene.

Comments

• Options
    Mosster47Mosster47 Member Posts: 6,246
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    AZDuck said:

Oregon DB commit PJ Locke has received a scholarship offer from Texas. The youngster is from Beaumont, TX, and has been part of a group of Oregon commits who have been active in recruiting other kids to Eugene, so it seems unlikely that he would flip at this point, but you never know, and Austin is MUCH closer to Beaumont than Eugene.

Did you study geography?

EWIWBI
  • Options
    This is PJ Locke's twitter as of 6:13PM PST.

Doesn't look like a guy that's wavering.
  • Options
    SoutherndawgSoutherndawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 8,237
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Founders Club

AZDuck said:

This is PJ Locke's twitter as of 6:13PM PST.

Doesn't look like a guy that's wavering.

Willie, "I call him Will", Lyles arrived with Tthe bag of cash arrived safely.
  • Options
  • Options
    HuskyJWHuskyJW Guest, Member Posts: 14,183
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
  • Options
    edited February 2015
    So here's some comedy you folks should enjoy.

About a half hour ago Bobby Burton posted that Locke had indeed flipped to the Longhorns. Locke went to Twitter to deny everything. Then, ten or so minutes later, the denial twats were gone. Apparently Bobby Burton wins "Internet Shitheel of the Recruiting Cycle" for stealing the kid's thunder - he was going to flip on the morning of NSD.

Either that or someone with Oregon connections tipped Burton off.

So, Texas' bucket of money >>>>> Oregon's bucket of money

Shitheel
  • Options
    CokeGreaterThanPepsiCokeGreaterThanPepsi Member Posts: 7,646
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker
    That Burton guy is a jackass
  • Options
    BallSackedBallSacked Member Posts: 3,279
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary Name Dropper First Comment
    The Texas TBS sites did the same with Soso Jamabo yesterday, saying Texas was OUT and going to UCLA. Stole his thunder a day before he announced. Lame as fuck.
  • Options
    Citrus4TroogsCitrus4Troogs Member Posts: 248

The Texas TBS sites did the same with Soso Jamabo yesterday, saying Texas was OUT and going to UCLA. Stole his thunder a day before he announced. Lame as fuck.

What?!? DeVry AND ITT Tech are both OUT for Soso?!?
  • Options
    greenbloodgreenblood Member Posts: 14,279
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment Combo Breaker
    I tried to put myself in this kid's shoes. Like if oregon offered me late after losing a db commit. I have to say my pride wouldn't let me. More power to this kid by putting his pride aside.

He'd rather be Texas' sloppy seconds than oregon's prized safety commit. Doesn't say much about oregon.
  • Options
    I'd like to think that Oregon can exert similar sway over kids in-state and other parts of the PNW... there just aren't nearly as many D-1 prospects up there
  • Options
    dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    AZDuck said:

I'd like to think that Oregon can exert similar @Swaye over kids in-state and other parts of the reservation... there just aren't nearly as many D-1 prospects up there

• Options
    SwayeSwaye Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 41,064
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club
    dnc said:

AZDuck said:

I'd like to think that Oregon can exert similar @Swaye over kids in-state and other parts of the reservation... there just aren't nearly as many D-1 prospects up there

FREE PUB MOTHERFUCKERS
  • Options

I tried to put myself in this kid's shoes. Like if oregon offered me late after losing a db commit. I have to say my pride wouldn't let me. More power to this kid by putting his pride aside.

He'd rather be Texas' sloppy seconds than oregon's prized safety commit. Doesn't say much about oregon.

Here is my take. College grads are a dime a dozen. If you have a bachelors degree you are not special in any way anymore. So, the free education thing is cool, but ultimately that doesn't mean what it used to.

If you start for John Neal your odds of having an actual NFL career are really fucking high. If you start for Texas your odds of losing to Big Game Bob four times are really fucking high.

Millionaire with a much more successful team or Oklahoma's load sock while changing head coaches your junior year?

Three types of kids: Ones that want to stay home and win, ones that want to stay home, and ones that want to win. This kid was probably the middle choice.
  • Options
    HuskyJWHuskyJW Guest, Member Posts: 14,183
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    I never blame a kid for purposely giving the bird to UO

See what I did there?
  • Options
    ntxduckntxduck Member Posts: 5,516
    Pretty sure if you play db at texas, the odds of playing in the NFL are even higher.
  • Options
    ntxduck said:

Pretty sure if you play db at texas, the odds of playing in the NFL are even higher.

They both have seven in the league. Texas isn't going to do shit any time soon. The blick guy gets two more years then another reset at the top.