Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Score Prediction Thread

PurpleJPurpleJ Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 36,536
First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker
Swaye's Wigwam
Patriots 31
Seahawks 27

Comments

• Options
    doogsinparadisedoogsinparadise Member Posts: 9,320
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary Name Dropper
    PurpleJ's identity revealed:
  • Options
    RaccoonHarryRaccoonHarry Member Posts: 2,160
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Name Dropper
    Pats 27
    Seahawks 24

Pats defense isn't equal to Seattle's but it's good enough and Brady finds a way to pull this one out.

On a side note I read where the Brady's grossed $80 million last year - $30 million for Tom in salary/endorsements and $50 million for super model Giselle. Sheesh...
  • Options
    TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,815
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes 5 Fuck Offs
    I like Hawks 27-17
  • Options
    HFNYHFNY Member Posts: 4,524
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Standard Supporter
    IMHO, the under is the best bet followed by the Seahawks getting 1.

NE is going to try the running game with their bigger backs like GB did with Lacy / Starks (Lacy got 21 carries but Starks averaged 8.8 ypc in his 5 carries) while also dinking and dunking. That will burn the clock and will move the chains some, especially with Mebane and Jordan Hill out, but Bennett's versatility allows him to slide inside in case Kevin Williams or Tony McDaniels needs a breather and then Dobbs can come in for run support or O'Brien Schofield (who has been playing well lately) can come in to pair with Avril on passing downs.

The Seahawks should also be able to get a reasonable amount of pressure on Brady when rushing just 4. Brady's numbers are amazing against the blitz anyway and he's a statue back there so the D knows where he's always going to be.

Do any of NE's WRs scare anyone? I wouldn't be surprised to see Carroll / Quinn play a cat and mouse game moving Chancellor in and out of the box since they can keep ET deep in Cover 1 man or maybe we'll even see some Cover 1 zone (with 6 defenders in underneath short to medium zones) with the speedy ET playing deep CF.

Gronk is obviously very good but KJ Wright is 6'4" and Irvin is 6'3" so his height advantage isn't as pronounced as when he's gone against LB's who don't have that length.

Perhaps the most underrated aspect of this game is that Justin Britt is back at RT and Sweezy's ankle enjoyed another bye week. Bailey was pretty bad against GB and that hindered the offense, particularly in the 1st half when the running game mostly sputtered and Wilson threw 4 INTs.

I also think Seattle will find a way to pick on Browner in the passing game just enough to make some plays.

So I see Seattle winning 24-20 with the most confidence in the under.

• Options
    dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Seattle 27
    New England 20
  • Options
    HeretoBeatmyChestHeretoBeatmyChest Member Posts: 4,295
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment
    I said 27-17 on the podcast.

I think its a favorable matchup for the Hawks who should have the advantage on both lines.

NE struggles to defend power runs and is not a great run D in general. They also have struggled with running QB's and zone blocking schemes. This should in turn help the WR/DB matchup which NE has the edge in. But we should be able to run the ball well and I think if they focus on keeping Wilson in the pocket he will hit Lynch and Willson for cheap gains.

On the other side, Blount averages 3 ypc against top 10 defenses. NE's OL isn't that great and if Bryan Stork can't play or be effective that helps SEA. I wish Jordan Hill didnt get hurt bc thats when the D was really at its best. Thats when we got the push up the middle. Even without him we should be able to get pressure. No expert is talking about that matchup. Brady doesn't throw deep too well and with pressure and hawks pass defense I don't think a short passing game will be effective.

NE is better on special teams and Gronk is going to be very difficult in the red zone but at the end of the day, SEA has the better defense and run game.
  • Options
    topdawgnctopdawgnc Member Posts: 7,838
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Name Dropper
    I don't like Seattle's offense in this one.

20-14 Pats
  • Options
    BennyBeaverBennyBeaver Member Posts: 13,333
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    Such Fag J

#MyHawks: 43
    #Hateriots: 9
  • Options
    SpoonieLuvSpoonieLuv Member Posts: 5,437
    edited January 2015
    pats 19
    Hawks 30
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    TheGlove said:

Such Fag J

#MyHawks: 43
    #Hateriots: 9

FO, G.
  • Options
    Fire_Marshall_BillFire_Marshall_Bill Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 22,861
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club
    24-14 SEAHAWKS

Hooking it up, bitch
  • Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,443
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
  • Options
    UWerentThereManUWerentThereMan Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 3,475
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club
    Marshawn lynch 14
    New England 20

Seattle 31
  • Options
    GladstoneGladstone Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 16,417
    Founders Club
  • Options
    LaZorisLaZoris Member Posts: 1,628
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Standard Supporter
  • Options
    dhdawgdhdawg Member Posts: 13,326
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker First Anniversary
  • Options
    HFNY said:

IMHO, the under is the best bet followed by the Seahawks getting 1.

NE is going to try the running game with their bigger backs like GB did with Lacy / Starks (Lacy got 21 carries but Starks averaged 8.8 ypc in his 5 carries) while also dinking and dunking. That will burn the clock and will move the chains some, especially with Mebane and Jordan Hill out, but Bennett's versatility allows him to slide inside in case Kevin Williams or Tony McDaniels needs a breather and then Dobbs can come in for run support or O'Brien Schofield (who has been playing well lately) can come in to pair with Avril on passing downs.

The Seahawks should also be able to get a reasonable amount of pressure on Brady when rushing just 4. Brady's numbers are amazing against the blitz anyway and he's a statue back there so the D knows where he's always going to be.

Do any of NE's WRs scare anyone? I wouldn't be surprised to see Carroll / Quinn play a cat and mouse game moving Chancellor in and out of the box since they can keep ET deep in Cover 1 man or maybe we'll even see some Cover 1 zone (with 6 defenders in underneath short to medium zones) with the speedy ET playing deep CF.

Gronk is obviously very good but KJ Wright is 6'4" and Irvin is 6'3" so his height advantage isn't as pronounced as when he's gone against LB's who don't have that length.

Perhaps the most underrated aspect of this game is that Justin Britt is back at RT and Sweezy's ankle enjoyed another bye week. Bailey was pretty bad against GB and that hindered the offense, particularly in the 1st half when the running game mostly sputtered and Wilson threw 4 INTs.

I also think Seattle will find a way to pick on Browner in the passing game just enough to make some plays.

So I see Seattle winning 24-20 with the most confidence in the under.

TL, DR
  • Options

I said 27-17 on the podcast.

I think its a favorable matchup for the Hawks who should have the advantage on both lines.

NE struggles to defend power runs and is not a great run D in general. They also have struggled with running QB's and zone blocking schemes. This should in turn help the WR/DB matchup which NE has the edge in. But we should be able to run the ball well and I think if they focus on keeping Wilson in the pocket he will hit Lynch and Willson for cheap gains.

On the other side, Blount averages 3 ypc against top 10 defenses. NE's OL isn't that great and if Bryan Stork can't play or be effective that helps SEA. I wish Jordan Hill didnt get hurt bc thats when the D was really at its best. Thats when we got the push up the middle. Even without him we should be able to get pressure. No expert is talking about that matchup. Brady doesn't throw deep too well and with pressure and hawks pass defense I don't think a short passing game will be effective.

NE is better on special teams and Gronk is going to be very difficult in the red zone but at the end of the day, SEA has the better defense and run game.

TL, DR
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    PurpleJ said:

Patriots 31
    Seahawks 27

I was only off by a field goal on both teams. Pats by 4.

I was right and you were all wrong. Simple fact.