Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

read option

gmogmo Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 3,644
First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
Founders Club
I think Russell Wilson's effectiveness at running the ball is going to determine this game. The Seahawks offense is so much more dangerous with that dual running threat, and yet it appeared (haven't read anything on this or watched the game again) that the Seahawks ran a whole let less read option during the first 3 quarters than usual in the NFC Championship.

During the last few minutes, they seemed to go back to the read option and the offense was clicking a whole lot better. Anyone know why Bevell was going away from the play this game - perhaps the big hit on Wilson? I hope and suspect we will see a heavy dose of RO in the Super Bowl.

Comments

• Options
    TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,815
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes 5 Fuck Offs
    Pats will be damned if THAT beats them - but it should either open up holes for Lynch or for the play action deep balls against cover 0 or cover 1 - can only cover do much
  • Options
    jecorneljecornel Member Posts: 9,599
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment
    Standard Supporter
    edited January 2015
    Because Bevell fucking sucks...Bevell panics and then Pete has to remind him who the fucking running back is for the offense.

I hate Bevell, if you can't tell.
  • Options
    DardanusDardanus Member Posts: 2,623
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    The Patriots may use Ninkovich to spy Wilson. I think Belichick will try to negate the Seattle run game as a first priority and force Wilson to beat them with the pass.

Seahawks run the zone read as effectively as anyone in the NFL, although I think much of the time the play is a designed handoff to Lynch with no actual option (see: Bevell fucking pussy). So yeah, I agree that Wilson will need to run effectively, or at least present the threat to create other options on offense.
  • Options
    SteveInSheltonSteveInShelton Member Posts: 1,611
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    Dardanus said:

The Patriots may use Ninkovich to spy Wilson. I think Belichick will try to negate the Seattle run game as a first priority and force Wilson to beat them with the pass.

Seahawks run the zone read as effectively as anyone in the NFL, although I think much of the time the play is a designed handoff to Lynch with no actual option (see: Bevell fucking pussy). So yeah, I agree that Wilson will need to run effectively, or at least present the threat to create other options on offense.

Isn't Ninkovich slow as shit? The big problem for New England is their front 7 is really slow. Even Jamie Collins who everyone is gargling is only AFC fast. He would be just another guy in the NFC west.
  • Options
    DardanusDardanus Member Posts: 2,623

Dardanus said:

Isn't Ninkovich slow as shit? The big problem for New England is their front 7 is really slow. Even Jamie Collins who everyone is gargling is only AFC fast. He would be just another guy in the NFC west.
    Yeah, that could be a problem. What I meant was to have him stay home instead of chasing Lynch, but if Wilson can just outrun him then it's not very effective. I don't know if the Patriots often use Ayers as a spy or not (or if he's slow too).
  • Options
    MisterEmMisterEm Member Posts: 6,685
    Ninkovich will not be an effective spy on any mobile QB.

Cerebral, lunch pail kid with more film room skills than lateral quickness.

#Collins
  • Options
    ScroteDawgScroteDawg Member Posts: 238
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment Photogenic

Dardanus said:

Isn't Ninkovich slow as shitwhite? The big problem for New England is their front 7 is really slow. Even Jamie Collins who everyone is gargling is only AFC fast. He would be just another guy in the NFC west.
    Crisped
  • Options
    Fire_Marshall_BillFire_Marshall_Bill Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 22,861
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club
    edited January 2015
    jecornel said:

Because Bevell fucking sucks...Bevell panics and then Pete has to remind him who the fucking running back is for the offense.

Bevell doesn't piss me off like he used to, but the Hawks are always shit the first 2-5 drives...in .99% of the games I've seen over the last 2-3 years. I think there are coordinators that could have done better.
  • Options
    dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    jecornel said:

I hated Bevell's obsession with Harvin. Since Scheider and Caroll got rid of Bevell's favorite toy he's turned into a damn good playcaller.