Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

But how is Mark Helfrich a shitty developer of QB talent?

Comments

• Options
    unfrozencavemanunfrozencaveman Member Posts: 2,303
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment
    Nice guy, smart too...almost went to medical school. I support him 100%

Is Vernon going for a Masters @ Whoregone? How does that work - play immediately?
  • Options
    BallSackedBallSacked Member Posts: 3,279
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary Name Dropper First Comment
    Yeah, needing a FCS grad transfer after having 3 years to prepare for post-Mariota. wjw.

Regression, it's coming...
  • Options
    TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,815
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes 5 Fuck Offs
    I'm hearing that Oregon recruiting Vernon based on his UW game tape ... beating UW 12 straight years is all that matters.
  • Options
    Mosster47Mosster47 Member Posts: 6,246
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    haie said:

Mosster pressing in 3...2...1....

Totally true!

I mean, why in the fuck would you bring in the D-1AA Heisman equivalent for one year to bring depth to the position you just lost the actual Heisman Trophy winner at? Talk about dumb! That extra scholarship was supposed to go to some senior walk-on who was never going to play and blah blah fucking blah.

Who is UW's QB next year? It doesn't matter. Royce Freeman will throat fuck you on camera for 60 minutes again.

#special
  • Options
    doogsinparadisedoogsinparadise Member Posts: 9,320
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary Name Dropper
    Mosster47 said:

haie said:

Totally true!

I mean, why in the fuck would you bring in the D-1AA Heisman equivalent for one year to bring depth to the position you just lost the actual Heisman Trophy winner at? Talk about dumb! That extra scholarship was supposed to go to some senior walk-on who was never going to play and blah blah fucking blah.

Who is UW's QB next year? It doesn't matter. Royce Freeman will throat fuck you on camera for 60 minutes again.

#special
    Incoming. I'm surprised that I'm surprised.
  • Options
    BallSackedBallSacked Member Posts: 3,279
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary Name Dropper First Comment
    edited January 2015
    Mosster47 said:

haie said:

Totally true!

#special
    LOL @ "Depth"
  • Options
    TierbsHsotBoobsTierbsHsotBoobs Member Posts: 39,680
    Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary
    Mosster47 said:

haie said:

Totally true!

#special
    If you had a coach that actually knew what he was doing, you wouldn't have to scramble for rental QB talent.
  • Options
    ntxduckntxduck Member Posts: 5,515
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Wouldn't the lack of serviceable upperclassmen QBs on the roster be more on Chip than on Slingblade? He was HC for the 2011 and 2012 seasons and brought in such QB studs as Lockie, Jake Rodrigues, and Damian Hobbs over those 2 years. Those 2 awful classes are why Oregon needs a QB.
  • Options
    Mosster47Mosster47 Member Posts: 6,246
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment

ntxduck said:

Wouldn't the lack of serviceable upperclassmen QBs on the roster be more on Chip than on Slingblade? He was HC for the 2011 and 2012 seasons and brought in such QB studs as Lockie, Jake Rodrigues, and Damian Hobbs over those 2 years. Those 2 awful classes are why Oregon needs a QB.

I was told that Helfrich was the genius behind Mariota.

Hi, Oregon doesn't recruit many shitty players. Mariota started as a freshman and didn't regress in any way from day one. This means that everyone else on the roster isn't ever going to get to play if they are in the same class or a previous class. Even guys like Troy Williams who can't really play football want to play football.

Because of this Bennett, Jake Rod, and Hobbs bailed. Lockie was a whiff, he knew holding a clip board and piling on rings was his best option. Now they'll have Adams, Mahalak, Waller, and potentially Murray. Of course whoever won the starting gig this year if it's not Adams would mean that one or both of the other guys would bail as the new starter is young, same scenario for next year if Adams does start for one season.

The bottom line is Oregon has the best college QB to come out of the state of Washington in fourteen years, from California.

• Options
    AZDuckAZDuck Member Posts: 15,381
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Answer
    It's weird but at some schools guys transfer when they don't have a shot at seeing the field because there's a three-year-starting Heisman trophy winner in the way.
  • Options
    haiehaie Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 20,497
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    AZDuck said:

It's weird but at some schools guys transfer when they don't have a shot at seeing the field because there's a three-year-starting Heisman trophy winner in the way.

• Options
    edited January 2015
    haie said:

AZDuck said:

LOL, touche'

It would be nice if Bryan Bennett had stuck around
  • Options
    whlinderwhlinder Member Posts: 4,292
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment
    Standard Supporter
    AZDuck said:

Yeah, but still
  • Options
    ThomasFremontThomasFremont Member Posts: 13,325
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Mosster47 said:

ntxduck said:

I was told that Helfrich was the genius behind Mariota.

Hi, Oregon doesn't recruit many shitty players. Mariota started as a freshman and didn't regress in any way from day one. This means that everyone else on the roster isn't ever going to get to play if they are in the same class or a previous class. Even guys like Troy Williams who can't really play football want to play football.

Because of this Bennett, Jake Rod, and Hobbs bailed. Lockie was a whiff, he knew holding a clip board and piling on rings was his best option. Now they'll have Adams, Mahalak, Waller, and potentially Murray. Of course whoever won the starting gig this year if it's not Adams would mean that one or both of the other guys would bail as the new starter is young, same scenario for next year if Adams does start for one season.

The bottom line is Oregon has the best college QB to come out of the state of Washington in fourteen years, from California.

Rings???

You do not even have AHH ring, let alone many rings which would necessitate the use of the plural.
  • Options
    Jeff Lockie has a Fiesta Bowl ring, an Alamo Bowl ring, a Rose Bowl ring and a Pac-12 championship ring
  • Options
    AZDuck said:

Jeff Lockie has a Fiesta Bowl ring, an Alamo Bowl ring, a Rose Bowl ring and a Pac-12 championship ring

I have a decoder ring from the bottom of a cereal box.

What's your poont?
  • Options

AZDuck said:

What's your poont?
    Winning the conference and BCS bowls matter.
  • Options
    AZDuck said:

AZDuck said:

What's your poont?
    Winning the conference and BCS bowls matter.
    Beating Oregon is the only thing that matters. Axe around.