Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Everybody Loves Marshawn Lynch

HeretoBeatmyChestHeretoBeatmyChest Member Posts: 4,295
5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment
http://grantland.com/the-triangle/everybody-loves-marshawn-lynch/

He’s the guy who parks his Lamborghini behind velvet ropes and stops for pregame doughnuts in a “Fuck You” sweatshirt.

Comments

• Options
    UWerentThereManUWerentThereMan Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 3,475
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club
    He needs a 'don't ask me for shit' shirt too
  • Options
    ScroteDawgScroteDawg Member Posts: 238
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment Photogenic
    Fantastic article. Thanks for poasting.
  • Options
    bananasnblondesbananasnblondes Member Posts: 14,910
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter
    I'm going to make a bold prediction: Lynch will not be on the team next year and the 12's will turn on him faster than you can say "Percy Harvin", especially if they lose the Super Bowl

He already held out last year, and there were lots of rumors about the Seahawks wanting to trade him midseason.

I don't think he'll be able to get through the off season without doing some weird shit and Schneider will drop him immediately, especially with the Hawks having to pay Wilson and the others.

It will be fun to watch Softy and the Facebook fanbase retroactively diss him by saying "I always thought he was an asshole and was obviously a cancer in the locker room" even though Softy would currently say "That's just Marshawn being Marshawn, why are you hating?" if a video surfaced of Lynch raping Mrs. Mahler in the 2-hole.
  • Options
    UWerentThereManUWerentThereMan Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 3,475
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club

I'm going to make a bold prediction: Lynch will not be on the team next year and the 12's will turn on him faster than you can say "Percy Harvin", especially if they lose the Super Bowl

He already held out last year, and there were lots of rumors about the Seahawks wanting to trade him midseason.

I don't think he'll be able to get through the off season without doing some weird shit and Schneider will drop him immediately, especially with the Hawks having to pay Wilson and the others.

It will be fun to watch Softy and the Facebook fanbase retroactively diss him by saying "I always thought he was an asshole and was obviously a cancer in the locker room" even though Softy would currently say "That's just Marshawn being Marshawn, why are you hating?" if a video surfaced of Lynch raping Mrs. Mahler in the 2-hole.

Any links to substantiate these rumors of him leaving midway through the season? I've been high the whole time but fuck if I've heard anything close to that!
  • Options
    DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 60,087
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club
    I don't think his personality would fit right on any team but the Seahawks under Carroll.
  • Options
    TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,815
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes 5 Fuck Offs
    Don't see any way that the Hawks don't bring him back ...

Lynch was probably very frustrated the first half of the year as the team lost its identity trying to placate Harvin. If we know anything about Lynch at this point it's that "he's all about that action boss" and as a result, doesn't have time for flakes like Harvin. Understandably he was pissed off about having to take a backseat.

Sometimes it takes going down the wrong avenue to realize what is important. Clearly Lynch is a productive offensive player (today's water is wet statement of the day). But the intangible impact that he has on the rest of the team cannot be understated. And after the Harvin debacle, that's painfully apparent to everybody tied into the organization.

There will be a day that Lynch slows down and becomes a RB that is on his last legs assuming he doesn't retire first. But at this point, hard to not see the Hawks finding a way to keep him on the roster provided the parties can come to a mutually agreeable package.
  • Options
    CuntWaffleCuntWaffle Member Posts: 22,493
    First Anniversary 5 Fuck Offs 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes

Hate the 12s but no way would they turn on him like Percy.
  • Options
    PurpleJPurpleJ Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 36,529
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam

I don't think his personality would fit right on any team but the Seahawks under Carroll.

I bet Belichick would take him in a heartbeat.
  • Options
    DooglesDoogles Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 12,475
    Swaye's Wigwam
    edited January 2015
    I don't think Lynch had beef with Harvin. If i recall he tweeted something like "they got my boy" when he was traded, sort of inferring an us vs. the front office vibe.

I think he's a great player and adds a flavor to the team that you usually see on the great dynasties. The choir boy QB, the shit-talking Stanford philosopher from compton, and the O-town Beast who held his dick in one hand and gave the bird to the NFL with the other.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    PurpleJ said:

The Raiders would love him.
  • Options
    TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,815
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes 5 Fuck Offs
    Doogles said:

I don't think Lynch had beef with Harvin. If i recall he tweeted something like "they got my boy" when he was traded, sort of inferring an us vs. the front office vibe.

I think he's a great player and adds a flavor to the team that you usually see on the great dynasties. The choir boy QB, the shit-talking Stanford philosopher from compton, and the O-town Beast who held his dick in one hand and gave the bird to the NFL with the other.

Never said Lynch had a beef with Harvin ... said Lynch had a beef with the offense and the results ...

Stop twisting
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Tequilla said:

Doogles said:

Never said Lynch had a beef with Harvin ... said Lynch had a beef with the offense and the results ...

Stop twisting

The implication is his boy "got got" by the man and was upset he was leaving the team. Either way, it's not interesting.
  • Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,424
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Doogles said:

PurpleJ said:

The Seahawks are the modern day Raiders since the Raiders are dead now. Seattle has to win this Super Bowl
  • Options
    sarktasticsarktastic Member Posts: 9,208
    5 Awesomes Photogenic First Anniversary Name Dropper

Doogles said:

PurpleJ said:

The Seahawks are the modern day Raiders since the Raiders are dead now. Seattle has to win this Super Bowl
    If they win will they become "My Seahawks"?
  • Options
    Fire_Marshall_BillFire_Marshall_Bill Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 22,861
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club

I don't think that's how it will go down but if it did, that's exactly how they'll act.
  • Options
    dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614

He'll be back next year