Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Upland CA 3-Star DT Gary Baker Commits to UO

AZDuckAZDuck Member Posts: 15,381
First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Answer
edited January 2015 in College Football Forum
He really likes our business school. 6' 3" 285, competing offers from Fresno, ASU, Nevada, and New Mexico.

Apparently he told a TBS reporter that he's going to play 3-technique on the DL, which implies that we will be playing 4 down linemen, which means we are possibly switching to a 4-3.

Da fuq?

Comments

• Options
    unfrozencavemanunfrozencaveman Member Posts: 2,303
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment
    Congrats - your b school on the up and up these days?
  • Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,478
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Any time you beat out Fresno for a kid....the ducks have done well in the IE though. I'd like to see Washington more active here
  • Options
    Mosster47Mosster47 Member Posts: 6,246
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    AZDuck said:

He really likes our business school. 6' 3" 285, competing offers from Fresno, ASU, Nevada, and New Mexico.

Apparently he told a TBS reporter that he's going to play 3-technique on the DL, which implies that we will be playing 4 down linemen, which means we are possibly switching to a 4-3.

Da fuq?

That's not what that means. You stick to that banter, I'll handle the football. He'll be on the interior as a one gap NT because a true two gap guy comes along once every 25 years.
  • Options
    CokeGreaterThanPepsiCokeGreaterThanPepsi Member Posts: 7,646
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker
    Mosster47 said:

AZDuck said:

Da fuq?

That's not what that means. You stick to that banter, I'll handle the football. He'll be on the interior as a one gap NT because a true two gap guy comes along once every 25 years.
    Three tech plays off the shoulder of the guard, not on the nose... Regardless he was probably just confused, I doubt Oregon is switching to 4-3 which would include a 3-tech.
  • Options
    HuskyJWHuskyJW Guest, Member Posts: 14,186
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    You lost me at business school
  • Options
    Mosster47Mosster47 Member Posts: 6,246
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment

Mosster47 said:

AZDuck said:

Da fuq?

Three tech plays off the shoulder of the guard, not on the nose... Regardless he was probably just confused, I doubt Oregon is switching to 4-3 which would include a 3-tech.

The Bear Bryant numbering system is for a 4 man front. I'm sure what he meant to say is 3-Gap. Honestly with our mediocre LB stable I'd be all for a 40 front. The Adaptive 4-2-5 is the way of the future anyway with all the multiple sets each team has to play.

Either way it will be interesting.
  • Options
    H_DH_D Member Posts: 6,098
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    HuskyJW said:

You lost me at business school

UO 'Bidnet Skool