Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Bill Simmons doesn't like cornrows, is racist

Comments

• RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 104,350 Founders Club
    Bill Simmons is a putz but the brother is a fucking drama queen. I'd hate Simmons if he loved dreads. Dude needs to get the sand out of his vag and stop stressing over his hair. Sounds like a bitch

Over the line?
  • DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 62,248 Founders Club

Bill Simmons is a putz but the brother is a fucking drama queen. I'd hate Simmons if he loved dreads. Dude needs to get the sand out of his vag and stop stressing over his hair. Sounds like a bitch

Over the line?

$75,000 X 4

• RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 104,350 Founders Club
    Rosa Parks didn't do what she did so that in 2013 a Black man would get shit abouthis hair!
  • TierbsHsotBoobsTierbsHsotBoobs Member Posts: 39,680
    Bill Simmons is from Boston.

That is all you need to know.
  • HillsboroDuckHillsboroDuck Member Posts: 9,186
    Simmons : Millen : : Sark : Ty
  • RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member Posts: 30,123
    I support Dreads, but if you are a black man wearing cornrows in 2013, you deserve every bit of ball busting you get.
  • RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member Posts: 30,123
    BTW, I love Simmons, and think we need more guys like him on broadcasts. He's not a cunt who thinks you had to play or coach to know what the fuck you are talking about: (see Doc Rivers feud).

I had a black friend who grew dreads who firmly believed that washing his hair would hinder the growth of his dreads. Simmons may not have knew what the fuck he was talking about, but to make it a race issue is something Al Sharpton would do. He's misinformed (like I was), not racist.
  • HillsboroDuckHillsboroDuck Member Posts: 9,186

BTW, I love Simmons, and think we need more guys like him on broadcasts. He's not a cunt who thinks you had to play or coach to know what the fuck you are talking about: (see Doc Rivers feud).

I had a black friend who grew dreads who firmly believed that washing his hair would hinder the growth of his dreads. Simmons may not have knew what the fuck he was talking about, but to make it a race issue is something Al Sharpton would do. He's misinformed (like I was), not racist.

In defense of this article, it basically says exactly that. (I understand RuebenPatterson's headline is a different story)

Let's set the record straight though, I am not angry at you, Bill. I was actually embarrassed for you while watching the video. You came across as a sheltered, uncultured snob. I can't tell if you were trying hard to get a cheap laugh or simply being yourself. I do know this wasn't the first time you put your foot in your mouth on camera and probably won't be the last. Hopefully you can continue to learn from your mistakes. I'm not going to rally and hire Al Sharpton or Jesse Jackson, but understand that your comments hit close to home for many black Americans. You reduced a moment of praise to ill-informed "schtick" that can be perceived as offensive. Do I think you are a racist or a bigot? No. Do I think you are a habitual line stepper that needs to think before you speak? Yes.

Don't get fired, Bill. I actually like Grantland.

Sincerely,

Wayne Washington
  • MikeDamoneMikeDamone Member Posts: 37,781
    Who is bill Simmons?
  • DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 62,248 Founders Club

Who is bill Simmons?

bass player for KISS. Throws up blood, etc.