Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Benning to UW

2»

Comments

• doogsinparadisedoogsinparadise Member Posts: 9,320
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary Name Dropper

Passion said:

Well, Ricky McCoy seems pretty fired up.

The Formula!!!!
    I like Ricky.
  • PassionPassion Member Posts: 4,622
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment

Passion said:

Well, Ricky McCoy seems pretty fired up.

The Formula!!!!
    PUTMHFTE
  • whatshouldicareaboutwhatshouldicareabout Member Posts: 12,428
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    edited January 2015
    Gladstone said:

SarkFS also did a very good job recruiting in-state his first two years. There was lots of talk about the fence around Washington. What happened? We kept losing. Sark's douchey personality also played a huge role but IMO losing was the biggest part of it. The rebuild mantra only holds water until year 3.

HRYK

We already lost Eason for 2016 and that TE from Bellevue (Garcia) if he's actually good.
  • ScroteDawgScroteDawg Member Posts: 238
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment Photogenic

Gladstone said:

SarkFS also did a very good job recruiting in-state his first two years. There was lots of talk about the fence around Washington. What happened? We kept losing. Sark's douchey personality also played a huge role but IMO losing was the biggest part of it. The rebuild mantra only holds water until year 3.

HRYK

We already lost Eason for 2016 and that TE from Bellevue (Garcia) if he's actually good.
    Awfully 2015 for February of 2016. They ain't signed shit yet.
  • bananasnblondesbananasnblondes Member Posts: 14,876
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter
    I'm pretty sure that Garcia kid is from LA or nearby. He's one of those cases where he moved up to Washington in high school and just randomly ended up at Bellevue High School.
  • LoneStarDawgLoneStarDawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 13,099
    Founders Club

I'm pretty sure that Garcia kid is from LA or nearby. He's one of those cases where he moved up to Washington in high school and just randomly ended up at Bellevue High School.

troubled talent always randomly ends up at the storied programs

its in the script
  • TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,800
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes 5 Fuck Offs
    Gladstone said:

Who exactly did he do a good job of keeping in-state?

In the first class, it was Desmond.

Then you had ASJ and Kasen (who was NEVER going anywhere else regardless of the coach).

Then everything started falling apart.
  • RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    In 2010, Sark got Potoa'e (big time recruit), Porter, Riva, Kearse, Chris Young (I know), and Hartvigson.

2011 he did great and got ASJ, Kasen, Sankey, and Shelton.

Saying anyone would have went to UW no matter what is stupid. The coach gets credit for the guys who sign.

Obviously Sark's recruiting bad issues we have been over many times, but he did well in state when he first came to UW.
  • bananasnblondesbananasnblondes Member Posts: 14,876
    Standard Supporter

In 2010, Sark got Potoa'e (big time recruit), Porter, Riva, Kearse, Chris Young (I know), and Hartvigson.

2011 he did great and got ASJ, Kasen, Sankey, and Shelton.

Saying anyone would have went to UW no matter what is stupid. The coach gets credit for the guys who sign.

Obviously Sark's recruiting bad issues we have been over many times, but he did well in state when he first came to UW.

While Sark did lock down the state in 2010, it wasn't nearly the same task as Peterman had this year. Older Potatoe could have gone anywhere, but Riva, Porter, Hartvigson, and younger Kearse weren't really being pursued heavily by any big name schools.

I agree, though, that Sark did a have a promising start to in-state recruiting. If I was to give each of his recruiting classes a brief thought, it would look like this:

2009 - Lazy, even for 0-12
    2010 - Things looking up for the program
    2011 - Instate studs and the nobodies
    2012 - Shit! what the hell is this guy...ooh...Shaq
    2013 - Wow! Things are really looking up agai...hey, where's everyone going?
    2014 - Here we go again, how many of these guys will decommi...YES!!!!!!!
  • AEBAEB Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 2,958
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club

racist. So you think all Latinos are from LA or Mexico, aka "nearby"?
  • UWerentThereManUWerentThereMan Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 3,475
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club
    We're gonna get TANKED tonoight!!!!!!
  • topdawgnctopdawgnc Member Posts: 7,838
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Name Dropper
    Gladstone said:

If Peterman is still losing after 3 years, and has trouble recruiting.

door. ass. out.

So the mantra works for the period it should.
  • sarktasticsarktastic Member Posts: 9,208
    5 Awesomes Photogenic First Anniversary Name Dropper
    Sark did a great job landing stars. He did a terrible job landing balanced classes... getting them into school... and keeping them there.

Quite obviously Sark was as bad at talent evaluation as tLPT since so many of the 'stars' turned out to be busts.

• chuckchuck Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,587
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    I just watched Potato Jr's highlights last night. I was much more impressed than I thought and have no doubt he is a better prospect than his brother. Older Potato was a big guy with good athleticism for his size, but his outlook was predicated on growing into a bigger guy with the same athleticism. Potato Jr is a quick athlete at any size (watch how agile he is as a TE and he's already a polished, quick pass rusher), already has the size to play his ideal position (DE) and plays way more violently than his brother.

He is in my top 5 for the class now for sure.