Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Comments

• Options
    DooglesDoogles Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 12,476
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    That would be a fucking shit show. Some opportunities for coin are best left to the wayside. Just stamp the whole world with Mickey Mouse and be done with it.
  • Options
    doogsinparadisedoogsinparadise Member Posts: 9,320
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary Name Dropper
  • Options
    DooglesDoogles Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 12,476
    Swaye's Wigwam

Can't wait.

These girls need those sponsors to survive and inspire 6 year old girls to scissor.

The NBA just had 7-8 teams valued over a billion dollars.
  • Options
    TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,815
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes 5 Fuck Offs
    Doogles said:

That would be a fucking shit show. Some opportunities for coin are best left to the wayside. Just stamp the whole world with Mickey Mouse and be done with it.

Agreed 100%.

When you look at something like European Soccer, the advertising sort of works because the jersey (or kit if you will) is known because of the colors of the team combined with normally a team patch.

In the NBA, team names are all over the front of the jersey taking away what the soccer community considers as their advertising space.

It's just flat out a different animal.

When you look at WNBA jerseys, they are just flat out terrible because they are just way too busy.

I understand the desire to increase your revenue pool and doing so with increased advertising. HOWEVER, part of the reason that franchise values are increasing so much is because of brand recognition. Are you going to get the same kind of brand recognition and merchandising sales from kids wanting Lakers jerseys or whatever if it also includes the Kroger logo on it?

Things like this are rarely additive and in so doing requires making decisions that don't have concrete answers to them beforehand. You can have all the focus groups in the world but it's impossible to get the net wide enough to completely know for sure before you make such a decision.
  • Options
    whatshouldicareaboutwhatshouldicareabout Member Posts: 12,475

The future of you're new NBA!
  • Options
    Mosster47Mosster47 Member Posts: 6,246
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment

Can't wait.

That lesbo on the far right sat next to me on the plane coming back from the Oregon vs Michigan game in 2007. They were playing Detroit in the WNBA Finals flying coach and shagging their own luggage.

She did tell me that she went to Russia every year to make about six times what she did in the WNBA. This obviously tells me why we won the Cold War.