Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Look who is on the cover of Sports Illustrated...

2»

Comments

• Options
    pawzpawz Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 18,796
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club
    Doogles said:

Tequilla said:

dnc said:

Tequilla said:

And what makes you think that the repeat ISN'T happening? I can give you a number of solid reasons WHY it WILL happen.

The funny thing that I keep hearing about is how the Pats do a good job of taking away whatever it is that you like to do best. With the Hawks, what are you trying to take away?

If you try to take away Lynch, that means that you're going to have 8 in the box and rarely have more than 1 safety deep (or like what the Packers did on the game ending play, playing Cover 0) ... if you do that, you play into the hands of the Hawks passing game that struggles to make 5-10 yard passes but is strong in making chunk plays.

If you try to take away the zone read from Wilson and keep him in the pocket by making sure that the edges are covered not only for the run, but also for pass plays and him escaping containment, then you run the risk of the center of your defense being open to Lynch runs as well as open pockets for Seahawk passing behind the LB/S spies that are in place to defend against Wilson (think the wheel routes that the Hawks ran to Lynch as well as more potential options for the TEs).

And if you try to take the big chunk plays away in the passing game by playing 2 safeties deep, then you don't have enough in the box to slow down Lynch or Wilson.

I'd be shocked if Wilson has anywhere close to as bad of a game as he had against the Packers. Normally, great players rebound tremendously well after bad games and tend to play one of their better games. I expect that from Wilson in this game as the Pats will most likely ask him to beat them with his arm.

You over/under is five
    1) Russell Wilson ... best player on the field. Enough said about that. He has three years under his belt and will do everything possible to win the game.

2) Offensive Line ... they average 332 pounds across the line and they are ready to dominate the line of scrimmage. Okung, Carpenter, Unger, Ossai, Sweezy, Bailey, and Britt. These boys have attitude and are ready to rumble.

3) Dan Quinn. Everybody speaks about the difference between Quinn and Gus Bradley. We will see a much improved defense from Quinn versus what Bradley showed the Pats 2 years ago.

4) Speed. Speed. Speed. This is the fastest Seahawk team in a long time. Robert Turbin, Jamaal Kearse, Ricardo Lockette, Paul Richardson, and Tharold Simon. While they often don't get their due respect, they will bring something that the Pats haven't seen before. Speed.

5) Time of Possession. I think the Hawks will dominate the time of possession behind the running of Wilson and Lynch. The more they can shorten the game and keep Brady's deflated balls off the field the better.

I think the Hawks win rather easily, say 34-17

What say you?
    This needs to be posted on Pats top fan forum. They will freak the fuck out. You'll get about ten pages of red before they see the troll.
    Make sure to provide us a link. kthxbai
  • Options
    ScroteDawgScroteDawg Member Posts: 238
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment Photogenic
    Tequilla said:

dnc said:

Tequilla said:

And what makes you think that the repeat ISN'T happening? I can give you a number of solid reasons WHY it WILL happen.

The funny thing that I keep hearing about is how the Pats do a good job of taking away whatever it is that you like to do best. With the Hawks, what are you trying to take away?

If you try to take away Lynch, that means that you're going to have 8 in the box and rarely have more than 1 safety deep (or like what the Packers did on the game ending play, playing Cover 0) ... if you do that, you play into the hands of the Hawks passing game that struggles to make 5-10 yard passes but is strong in making chunk plays.

If you try to take away the zone read from Wilson and keep him in the pocket by making sure that the edges are covered not only for the run, but also for pass plays and him escaping containment, then you run the risk of the center of your defense being open to Lynch runs as well as open pockets for Seahawk passing behind the LB/S spies that are in place to defend against Wilson (think the wheel routes that the Hawks ran to Lynch as well as more potential options for the TEs).

And if you try to take the big chunk plays away in the passing game by playing 2 safeties deep, then you don't have enough in the box to slow down Lynch or Wilson.

I'd be shocked if Wilson has anywhere close to as bad of a game as he had against the Packers. Normally, great players rebound tremendously well after bad games and tend to play one of their better games. I expect that from Wilson in this game as the Pats will most likely ask him to beat them with his arm.

You over/under is five
    1) Russell Wilson ... best player on the field. Enough said about that. He has three years under his belt and will do everything possible to win the game.

2) Offensive Line ... they average 332 pounds across the line and they are ready to dominate the line of scrimmage. Okung, Carpenter, Unger, Ossai, Sweezy, Bailey, and Britt. These boys have attitude and are ready to rumble.

3) Dan Quinn. Everybody speaks about the difference between Quinn and Gus Bradley. We will see a much improved defense from Quinn versus what Bradley showed the Pats 2 years ago.

4) Speed. Speed. Speed. This is the fastest Seahawk team in a long time. Robert Turbin, Jamaal Kearse, Ricardo Lockette, Paul Richardson, and Tharold Simon. While they often don't get their due respect, they will bring something that the Pats haven't seen before. Speed.

5) Time of Possession. I think the Hawks will dominate the time of possession behind the running of Wilson and Lynch. The more they can shorten the game and keep Brady's deflated balls off the field the better.

What say you?
    Jamaal Kearse made me seriously LOL.
  • Options
    TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,815
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes 5 Fuck Offs
    dnc said:

Tequilla said:

dnc said:

Tequilla said:

You over/under is five

What say you?
    I guess the Pats shouldn't even show up.

Probably shouldn't ... between the distractions and Brady's aging arm doing his best Peyton Manning impression during the game ... 34-17 may be playing it a bit close to the vest.
  • Options
    PurpleJPurpleJ Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 36,522
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    He's a direct beneficiary of a strong running game and elite defense. You put him on a team like the 49ers and he's backing up Kaepernick.
  • Options
    doogsinparadisedoogsinparadise Member Posts: 9,320
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary Name Dropper
    PurpleJ said:

He's a direct beneficiary of a strong running game and elite defense. You put him on a team like the 49ers and he's backing up Kaepernick.

This is why you're not running an NFL team. No, I take that back, this is why you could probably get a job with the Jets or Browns.
  • Options
    I'll leave the trolling to the Pats to others ... I'll worry about getting my popcorn ready
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Can't believe you guys are still falling for this.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    I do honestly believe the Pats will win, though. That was not trolling. I'm sticking with that one.
  • Options
    Founders Club
    Tequilla said:

PurpleJ said:

You had me going until you called Wilson a "great" player. You lost all credibility with that one. Tom Brady is a great player. Russ is good, not great.

HTH

2) For his career, Wilson AVERAGES just under 8 yards per attempt. That's a full half-yard more than Brady has throughout his career. In Wilson's 3 seasons in the league, he's been no lower than 6th in that category in any given year. The only other QBs that can say that over the past 3 years? Peyton Manning and Aaron Rodgers.

To be fair, in poker when someone brags about an high win-rate, we ask to see a sample size. Given the sample size of your argument, David Duval should be the best golfer evar.

LIFPO
  • Options
    phineasphineas Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 4,724
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Hopefully this doesnt lead to jermaine catching the easy passes and dropping the game winners
  • Options
    phineasphineas Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 4,724
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Swaye's Wigwam
    I really oughta start using 5 reasons at some other places I post. Theyd have no idea what hit em
  • Options
    pawz said:

Tequilla said:

PurpleJ said:

You had me going until you called Wilson a "great" player. You lost all credibility with that one. Tom Brady is a great player. Russ is good, not great.

HTH

2) For his career, Wilson AVERAGES just under 8 yards per attempt. That's a full half-yard more than Brady has throughout his career. In Wilson's 3 seasons in the league, he's been no lower than 6th in that category in any given year. The only other QBs that can say that over the past 3 years? Peyton Manning and Aaron Rodgers.

To be fair, in poker when someone brags about an high win-rate, we ask to see a sample size. Given the sample size of your argument, David Duval should be the best golfer evar.

LIFPO
    Duval's downturn was as much injury (and other priorities) related as anything else.
  • Options
    Founders Club
    Tequilla said:

pawz said:

Tequilla said:

PurpleJ said:

HTH

LIFPO
    Duval's downturn was as much injury (and other priorities) related as anything else.
    My point is that you are judging Wilson at the same moment in time as if someone was judging Duval circa 2001 before that shit went to his head.

LIPO
  • Options
    pawz said:

Tequilla said:

pawz said:

Tequilla said:

PurpleJ said:

HTH

LIFPO
    My point is that you are judging Wilson at the same moment in time as if someone was judging Duval circa 2001 before that shit went to his head.

LIPO
    I don't judge people based on injuries and use the injuries to determine if they are a good player or not.

And BTW, the part of my quote that you put together is referencing the same time frame for ALL QBs. It would be arguably more difficult for a QB in their first 3 years to be on that list than not. The fact that the only others on that list are future HOFers is telling to me.

Yes, you can LIPO over the course of the career which is why I'm not saying that he's a future HOF QB (although if his career continues on the course it is on that's a given). But the comments that were made were all tied to simple facts.
  • Options
    RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    pawz said:

Tequilla said:

PurpleJ said:

HTH

LIFPO
    There isn't much that needs to play out. Wilson is really good. The Seahawks are going to be good for awhile. SuperBowl's are tough, but if you can't see this is a team that will contend the next few years, I can't help you. Barring injury, I doubt anything changes.
  • Options
    DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 60,053
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club

pawz said:

Tequilla said:

PurpleJ said:

HTH

LIFPO
    There isn't much that needs to play out. Wilson is really good. The Seahawks are going to be good for awhile. SuperBowl's are tough, but if you can't see this is a team that will contend the next few years, I can't help you. Barring injury, I doubt anything changes.
    *as long as Wilson stays healthy.