Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Look who is on the cover of Sports Illustrated...

Comments

• Options
    PurpleJPurpleJ Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 36,522
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Great cover jinx, as always. Pats win.
  • Options
    PassionPassion Member Posts: 4,622
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment
    PurpleJ said:

Brady is pictured on the cover too, and his photo "higher up" on the page.
  • Options
    QuornDawgQuornDawg Member Posts: 1,162
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    PurpleJ said:

Retroactive jinx that lasted 57 minutes
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Passion said:

PurpleJ said:

It's okay. I don't think people read magazines anymore.
  • Options
    PassionPassion Member Posts: 4,622
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment
    PurpleJ said:

Passion said:

PurpleJ said:

Cancel your subscription to "Tiger Beat"?
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Passion said:

PurpleJ said:

Passion said:

PurpleJ said:

Cancel your subscription to "Tiger Beat"?
    Huh?

You know I can't actually read, right?
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Exactly. You guys think I am joking or trolling about New England winning, well you're wrong. Dead wrong. I've been saying it all along since the before the playoffs started. Patriots win. I feel it in my heart. As an unbiased observer who couldn't care less about the NFL, I have a built-in advantage. Don't you see? Tom Brady wants one more and he has the team to do it. He tends to get what he wants. This aint the Broncos. This is a real American dynasty who isn't going to roll over. They thrive in Arizona.

Pats 31
    Hawks 20

GRONK!
  • Options
    jecorneljecornel Member Posts: 9,592
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment
    Standard Supporter
    PI ON THAT PLAY
  • Options
    NeGgaPlEaSeNeGgaPlEaSe Member Posts: 5,729
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
  • Options
    dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    PurpleJ said:

Exactly. You guys think I am joking or trolling about New England winning, well you're wrong. Dead wrong. I've been saying it all along since the before the playoffs started. Patriots win. I feel it in my heart. As an unbiased observer who couldn't care less about the NFL, I have a built-in advantage. Don't you see? Tom Brady wants one more and he has the team to do it. He tends to get what he wants. This aint the Broncos. This is a real American dynasty who isn't going to roll over. They thrive in Arizona.

Pats 31
    Hawks 20

GRONK!

"The Hawks are losing in the NFC Championship game"

• Options
    jecornel said:

PI ON THAT PLAY

Disagree. It was good clean defense. He probably got there a tenth of a second early but no way you can call that at game speed. Great job by Kearse to hang on, though.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    dnc said:

PurpleJ said:

Pats 31
    Hawks 20

GRONK!

"The Hawks are losing in the NFC Championship game"

You only talk about the times I was wrong, and if it weren't for Mike McCarthy's limp trigger finger, I would have been right on both accounts.

hardcorehusky.com/forums/#/discussion/17108/who-wins-the-super-bowl

You guys already know that the repeat isn't happening.
  • Options
    ScroteDawgScroteDawg Member Posts: 238
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment Photogenic
    I'm not sure the Pats can take away Lynch, even if they want to. The only person capable of taking Lynch away is DarrellBevellFS
  • Options
    edited January 2015
    Tequilla said:

And what makes you think that the repeat ISN'T happening? I can give you a number of solid reasons WHY it WILL happen.

The funny thing that I keep hearing about is how the Pats do a good job of taking away whatever it is that you like to do best. With the Hawks, what are you trying to take away?

If you try to take away Lynch, that means that you're going to have 8 in the box and rarely have more than 1 safety deep (or like what the Packers did on the game ending play, playing Cover 0) ... if you do that, you play into the hands of the Hawks passing game that struggles to make 5-10 yard passes but is strong in making chunk plays.

If you try to take away the zone read from Wilson and keep him in the pocket by making sure that the edges are covered not only for the run, but also for pass plays and him escaping containment, then you run the risk of the center of your defense being open to Lynch runs as well as open pockets for Seahawk passing behind the LB/S spies that are in place to defend against Wilson (think the wheel routes that the Hawks ran to Lynch as well as more potential options for the TEs).

And if you try to take the big chunk plays away in the passing game by playing 2 safeties deep, then you don't have enough in the box to slow down Lynch or Wilson.

I'd be shocked if Wilson has anywhere close to as bad of a game as he had against the Packers. Normally, great players rebound tremendously well after bad games and tend to play one of their better games. I expect that from Wilson in this game as the Pats will most likely ask him to beat them with his arm.

The over/under is five
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    You had me going until you called Wilson a "great" player. You lost all credibility with that one. Tom Brady is a great player. Russ is good, not great.

HTH
  • Options
    Tequilla said:

dnc said:

Tequilla said:

And what makes you think that the repeat ISN'T happening? I can give you a number of solid reasons WHY it WILL happen.

The funny thing that I keep hearing about is how the Pats do a good job of taking away whatever it is that you like to do best. With the Hawks, what are you trying to take away?

If you try to take away Lynch, that means that you're going to have 8 in the box and rarely have more than 1 safety deep (or like what the Packers did on the game ending play, playing Cover 0) ... if you do that, you play into the hands of the Hawks passing game that struggles to make 5-10 yard passes but is strong in making chunk plays.

If you try to take away the zone read from Wilson and keep him in the pocket by making sure that the edges are covered not only for the run, but also for pass plays and him escaping containment, then you run the risk of the center of your defense being open to Lynch runs as well as open pockets for Seahawk passing behind the LB/S spies that are in place to defend against Wilson (think the wheel routes that the Hawks ran to Lynch as well as more potential options for the TEs).

And if you try to take the big chunk plays away in the passing game by playing 2 safeties deep, then you don't have enough in the box to slow down Lynch or Wilson.

I'd be shocked if Wilson has anywhere close to as bad of a game as he had against the Packers. Normally, great players rebound tremendously well after bad games and tend to play one of their better games. I expect that from Wilson in this game as the Pats will most likely ask him to beat them with his arm.

You over/under is five
    1) Russell Wilson ... best player on the field. Enough said about that. He has three years under his belt and will do everything possible to win the game.

2) Offensive Line ... they average 332 pounds across the line and they are ready to dominate the line of scrimmage. Okung, Carpenter, Unger, Ossai, Sweezy, Bailey, and Britt. These boys have attitude and are ready to rumble.

3) Dan Quinn. Everybody speaks about the difference between Quinn and Gus Bradley. We will see a much improved defense from Quinn versus what Bradley showed the Pats 2 years ago.

4) Speed. Speed. Speed. This is the fastest Seahawk team in a long time. Robert Turbin, Jamaal Kearse, Ricardo Lockette, Paul Richardson, and Tharold Simon. While they often don't get their due respect, they will bring something that the Pats haven't seen before. Speed.

5) Time of Possession. I think the Hawks will dominate the time of possession behind the running of Wilson and Lynch. The more they can shorten the game and keep Brady's deflated balls off the field the better.

I think the Hawks win rather easily, say 34-17

What say you?
    I guess the Pats shouldn't even show up.

• Options
    DooglesDoogles Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 12,475
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Tequilla said:

dnc said:

Tequilla said:

You over/under is five
    1) Russell Wilson ... best player on the field. Enough said about that. He has three years under his belt and will do everything possible to win the game.

2) Offensive Line ... they average 332 pounds across the line and they are ready to dominate the line of scrimmage. Okung, Carpenter, Unger, Ossai, Sweezy, Bailey, and Britt. These boys have attitude and are ready to rumble.

3) Dan Quinn. Everybody speaks about the difference between Quinn and Gus Bradley. We will see a much improved defense from Quinn versus what Bradley showed the Pats 2 years ago.

4) Speed. Speed. Speed. This is the fastest Seahawk team in a long time. Robert Turbin, Jamaal Kearse, Ricardo Lockette, Paul Richardson, and Tharold Simon. While they often don't get their due respect, they will bring something that the Pats haven't seen before. Speed.

5) Time of Possession. I think the Hawks will dominate the time of possession behind the running of Wilson and Lynch. The more they can shorten the game and keep Brady's deflated balls off the field the better.

I think the Hawks win rather easily, say 34-17

What say you?
    This needs to be posted on Pats top fan forum. They will freak the fuck out. You'll get about ten pages of red before they see the troll.