Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Urban Meyer on Letterman

Comments

• SoutherndawgSoutherndawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 8,279 Founders Club
    Gladstone said:

When was Letterman funny?

You have to be an old fart to answer that
  • Fire_Marshall_BillFire_Marshall_Bill Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 23,515 Founders Club

Gladstone said:

When was Letterman funny?

Back in the day, in the mid to late 1980s, when his show followed Johnny Carson's, it was a fringe kind of show and hilarious. Kind of like this message board.
    This.

My brother used to tape it and watch at normal hrs. (it was on from 12:30 to 1:30). It was...edgy for a late night talk show. I'm hoping Colbert will bring some of that back.
  • BennyBeaverBennyBeaver Member Posts: 13,346
  • PurpleJPurpleJ Member Posts: 36,895 Founders Club
    This video contains content from CBS CID, who has blocked it on copyright grounds.
  • SilkyJohnstonSilkyJohnston Member Posts: 67
    Letterman influenced dudes like Conan who made late night funny again. Letterman's over the hill but his bits are still being redone today with lesser comedians so I don't totally hate him
  • Fire_Marshall_BillFire_Marshall_Bill Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 23,515 Founders Club

Jimmy Fallon is worse. Jimmy Fallon is everything that is wrong with PC America. All he does is sniff celebs butts, fake laugh, and do the same games/skits. Letterman may not be funny, but at least he's a crotchety old man who doesn't suck up to every guest.

Jimmy Fallon is worse. Jimmy Fallon is everything that is wrong with PC America. All he does is sniff celebs butts, fake laugh, and do the same games/skits. Letterman may not be funny, but at least he's a crotchety old man who doesn't suck up to every guest.

Conan has gotten pretty bad in that respect too. Okay, so I'm judging him on the 45 minutes I watch every six months, but still. I watched him a few weeks ago and he was asking this narcissistic, shallow cunt all these stupid, cutesy questions. She was boring and insufferable...but I hate most celebs, so there's that.

He was better on NBC ten or fifteen years ago.
  • GrundleStiltzkinGrundleStiltzkin Member Posts: 61,485 Standard Supporter
    Nothing Conan has done since takes away his legacy, Masturbating Bear
    We are in his debt.
  • ThumpThump Member Posts: 793
    I thought Letterman was damn funny back in the 80s (way better than Carson).
  • RaccoonHarryRaccoonHarry Member Posts: 2,160
    Thump said:

To each his own but not even Letterman would place himself anywhere near Carson. There will never be another Johnny...
  • SoutherndawgSoutherndawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 8,279 Founders Club

Thump said:

To each his own but not even Letterman would place himself anywhere near Carson. There will never be another Johnny...
    Can't argue with this. Carson was very polished and had a great sense of humor, the best in the business, but Letterman's show was fun to watch in those days. As others have posted, his show was edgy for the day and people liked it.
  • DugtheDoogDugtheDoog Member Posts: 3,180

Thump said:

Can't argue with this. Carson was very polished and had a great sense of humor, the best in the business, but Letterman's show was fun to watch in those days. As others have posted, his show was edgy for the day and people liked it.
    So Peterman's recruits would not take too kindly to the show?
  • priapismpriapism Member Posts: 2,037
    Letterman's humor became predictable with his old-man-cynical-act in 92-93. I stopped watching after that. He used to be as witty as Colbert is.