Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

The Re-Rank is Coming!

Comments

• Options
    kh83kh83 Member Posts: 596
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment Name Dropper
    We're going to have aggregate class ranks lower than 2 in a lot of years. No wonder CCP is burning this fucker to the ground...the house he's burning was in reality only a shitty studio apartment with a couple new appliances.
  • Options
    TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,815
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes 5 Fuck Offs
    It's amazing how many of these guys I don't even remember their names ...

Also amazing how many of these guys literally never saw the field.
  • Options
    whatshouldicareaboutwhatshouldicareabout Member Posts: 12,440
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    I actually went back, started over, and changed my methodology after completing the 2nd page (Class of 2010) to better differentiate between the lowest tier. I probably over inflated some of the values of some of the players, but I think you can make a case for some minor contributors over others.

I wouldn't be surprised if I have one of the highest point totals of the voters as a result.
  • Options
    DooglesDoogles Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 12,472
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    edited January 2015
    I honestly tried my hardest to keep a consistent methodology, was this guy worth the offer of a pac-12 scholarship, however the wordage of "contribution to UW" really had me ranking guys differently. Sample and Ducre suffered in my rankings, although deep down in my plums I knew they had "it".

Whatever, i might get waterboreded with Pepsi by CGTP for giving up too much of my criteria before the results so i'll shut up now.
  • Options
    claychaclaycha Member Posts: 662
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    kh83 said:

We're going to have aggregate class ranks lower than 2 in a lot of years. No wonder CCP is burning this fucker to the ground...the house he's burning was in reality only a shitty studio apartment with a couple new appliances.

"The house" was a fucking homeless camp made of cardboard, pallets and tarps!
  • Options
    LoneStarDawgLoneStarDawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 13,116
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club
    We are all doing an exercise in the extreme cost of FREE PUB!!!! 11
  • Options
    MuttzenMuttzen Member Posts: 1,015
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Name Dropper
    claycha said:

kh83 said:

"The house" was a fucking homeless camp made of cardboard, pallets and tarps!
    If we are going to sit around and bash Joeys, then I am OUT!
  • Options
    BayDawgBayDawg Member Posts: 1,623
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Name Dropper
    That excerise was beyond depressing.

My lord...but why is the greatness of Sarks recruiting a myth?
  • Options
    Dennis_DeYoungDennis_DeYoung Member Posts: 14,754
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    Ducre should've been an all Pac-12 player in his RS-Sr. year. It's just that Sark was about as good at roster management as I am at money management when I'm drunk, out with friends at a bar and we are all trying to impress the hot waitress... which is most likely the same state Sark was in while he was managing the roster.
  • Options
    chuckchuck Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,614
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    I had a harder time than I expected to since I've done this before. My previous scale was different though and didn't include a zero category. I ended up struggling on just a few guys, but still don't know that I ranked them correctly. I can't remember all of them right now, but the ones in my mind are James Johnson and Kasen Williams. There were a couple of others.

There were a fair number where I couldn't remember if they had ever played or not. The dilemma was whether to rank them 0 or 1 which isn't a real big dilemma.

So when are the powers going to cough up some results of this thing?
  • Options
    LoneStarDawgLoneStarDawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 13,116
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club
    everyone finish your farfegnugen homework already!!!
  • Options
    CokeGreaterThanPepsiCokeGreaterThanPepsi Member Posts: 7,646
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker
    chuck said:

I had a harder time than I expected to since I've done this before. My previous scale was different though and didn't include a zero category. I ended up struggling on just a few guys, but still don't know that I ranked them correctly. I can't remember all of them right now, but the ones in my mind are James Johnson and Kasen Williams. There were a couple of others.

There were a fair number where I couldn't remember if they had ever played or not. The dilemma was whether to rank them 0 or 1 which isn't a real big dilemma.

Waiting on 7 more people to do the survey. I will call them out this evening if they have not completed it and make them open for public ridicule until they do.
  • Options
    claychaclaycha Member Posts: 662
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
  • Options
    SwayeSwaye Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 41,062
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club
    edited January 2015
    Shit was easy. If I didn't even recognize the name, zero. If I recognized the name, but they hardly ever played or transferred, zero. That took care of over half the list. Easy.

In related news, Sark sucks.
  • Options
    RapeculturedawgRapeculturedawg Member Posts: 899
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    I tried not to think about each rating too much.. Second guessing can lead to overrating some players I feel. Tons of 0s and 1s.. Lots of names I had forgotten about..
  • Options
    H_DH_D Member Posts: 6,098
    brchco12 said:

everyone finish your farfegnugen homework already!!!

Way to keep it "Under the Radar Recruiting Bored" classy!
  • Options
    H_DH_D Member Posts: 6,098

chuck said:

Waiting on 7 more people to do the survey. I will call them out this evening if they have not completed it and make them open for public ridicule until they do.
  • Options
    section8section8 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 1,581
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Answer
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Lots of zeros and ones and I gave a point more to some who weren't great but at least played quite a bit and way to many who the hell is that names.
  • Options
    FreeChavezFreeChavez Member Posts: 3,223
    It's interesting how many people fawn over recruiting each year and doing an exercise such as this reminds us how few of these players make a difference in each program(regardless of * rating). It's almost incredibly sad how many of these guys wash out without doing anything.

As a side note, would be interested after this is done to see how many of these guys graduated. Hopefully after getting 0's and 1's they at least got a degree out of it