Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Guessing game: Name that recruiting analyst

Which nationally recognized recruiting analyst recently offered this reflection on recently offered DE Sterk out of Lynden high school?

"I've spent 2 years now studying recruiting, reading books on evaluations, learning from the guys on here, talking with HS coaches, etc. I feel very confident in evaluating DL (as opposed to OL). There isn't one thing about this kid that would make me assume he's going to be a stud.

I'm putting him in my "project" category, something I started with Petersen last year. I want to track these kids and in 5-7 years, see how well Pete did. I expect Petersen and Co to hit 1 every 4 times, based on early projections and his BSU results. By hit, I mean finding a "Serious contributor"/"Starter".

This kid is a flyer. He's nothing special. He does everything average and needs lots of work. I don't see what's wrong with saying that? Why do we have to build up these flyer guys? Is it to justify the offer for some reason? What's wrong with offering a kid with low tangibles, but possible high upside? I don't mind it, not sure why others have to justify it. "

Biggins? Huffman? one of the ESPN guys??? Maybe we could offer this guy a position as recruiting coordinator

Comments

• Options
    kh83kh83 Member Posts: 596
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment Name Dropper
  • Options
    BayDawgBayDawg Member Posts: 1,623
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Name Dropper
    Hoss? K-Gizzle?
  • Options
    CokeGreaterThanPepsiCokeGreaterThanPepsi Member Posts: 7,646
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker

Which nationally recognized recruiting analyst recently offered this reflection on recently offered DE Sterk out of Lynden high school?

"I've spent 2 years now studying recruiting, reading books on evaluations, learning from the guys on here, talking with HS coaches, etc. I feel very confident in evaluating DL (as opposed to OL). There isn't one thing about this kid that would make me assume he's going to be a stud.

I'm putting him in my "project" category, something I started with Petersen last year. I want to track these kids and in 5-7 years, see how well Pete did. I expect Petersen and Co to hit 1 every 4 times, based on early projections and his BSU results. By hit, I mean finding a "Serious contributor"/"Starter".

This kid is a flyer. He's nothing special. He does everything average and needs lots of work. I don't see what's wrong with saying that? Why do we have to build up these flyer guys? Is it to justify the offer for some reason? What's wrong with offering a kid with low tangibles, but possible high upside? I don't mind it, not sure why others have to justify it. "

Biggins? Huffman? one of the ESPN guys??? Maybe we could offer this guy a position as recruiting coordinator

The bolded gave it away, Christ.
  • Options
    TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,815
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes 5 Fuck Offs
    Fucktarded 101 ...

Everybody knows that if you are going to beat your chest with your experience you say you've been studying the shit for 24 months instead of 2 years ...

24 >>> 2
  • Options
    PassionPassion Member Posts: 4,622
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment
    kh83 said:

...Passion? :)

Nope. Not sure I'm sold on Sterk, but I don't need to "spend 2 years studying" to tell me that.
  • Options
    WilburHooksHandsWilburHooksHands Member Posts: 6,741
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Back in '86, I spent 2 years studying rockets, reading technical manuals, and talking to aerospace engineers. There wasnt a thing that told me the Challenger was going to be a successful mission.
  • Options
    insinceredawginsinceredawg Member Posts: 5,117
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    PDF is the doogiest of the doogs on dm.com. This is the same guy that compared Dante Pettis to Joe Jarzynka and was whining all season for CP to emulate Sark's "system" in order to get more wins. All he does is make fs statements and then gets butthurt when other posters called him out for it. Fuck PDF.
  • Options
    whatshouldicareaboutwhatshouldicareabout Member Posts: 12,439
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes

PDF is the doogiest of the doogs on dm.com. This is the same guy that compared Dante Pettis to Joe Jarzynka and was whining all season for CP to emulate Sark's "system" in order to get more wins. All he does is make fs statements and then gets butthurt when other posters called him out for it. Fuck PDF.

We should invite him over here. Might be fun.
  • Options
    kh83kh83 Member Posts: 596
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment Name Dropper
    Passion said:

kh83 said:

...Passion? :)

Nope. Not sure I'm sold on Sterk, but I don't need to "spend 2 years studying" to tell me that.
    That was very tongue in cheek. Your TBS capabilities are far greater.
  • Options
    AZDuckAZDuck Member Posts: 15,381
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Answer

We should invite him over here. Might be fun.
    Careful. The last Scoot fucktard who was asked over here because people thought it would be fun to fuck with him was PDXDuckFan. While there was some entertainment to be had there, he was one of the worst poasters ever on these boreds
  • Options
    TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,815
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes 5 Fuck Offs
    DHD said:

He's entitled to his opinion. That's what those boards are for, right? If you want to refute anything he says, then bring some evidence to the table; otherwise, he's entitled to his opinion and he's going to stick with his opinion until someone can find facts that say otherwise.

People don't like the honest and open debate that PDF brings to the table. If you want to challenge him, then you should do your homework and bring something to the table, because he's entitled to his opinion.

Like I said, he's entitled to his opinion and until someone can bring some proof or facts or evidence to refute his opinions, he's going to continue to post his opinions because that's what those boards are for, right?

So, lay off of PDF because he's entitled to his opinion, and in case you missed it, he's entitled to his opinion and he's going to post his opinion until you post some facts and figures that disprove his opinion.

And, if he has to, he'll just keep responding to his own posts until you guys understand that he's entitled to his opinion and he'll keep posting his opinion even if it turns out that he's the only one who reads his posts.

And ... my dad can beat up your dad.

Jesus F Christopher ...

That's some TL, DR shit right there to be proud of
  • Options
    CFetters_Nacho_LoverCFetters_Nacho_Lover Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 28,857
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club
    DHD said:

He's entitled to his opinion. That's what those boards are for, right? If you want to refute anything he says, then bring some evidence to the table; otherwise, he's entitled to his opinion and he's going to stick with his opinion until someone can find facts that say otherwise.

People don't like the honest and open debate that PDF brings to the table. If you want to challenge him, then you should do your homework and bring something to the table, because he's entitled to his opinion.

Like I said, he's entitled to his opinion and until someone can bring some proof or facts or evidence to refute his opinions, he's going to continue to post his opinions because that's what those boards are for, right?

So, lay off of PDF because he's entitled to his opinion, and in case you missed it, he's entitled to his opinion and he's going to post his opinion until you post some facts and figures that disprove his opinion.

And, if he has to, he'll just keep responding to his own posts until you guys understand that he's entitled to his opinion and he'll keep posting his opinion even if it turns out that he's the only one who reads his posts.

And ... my 2 dads can beat up your 2 dads.

• Options
    FreeChavezFreeChavez Member Posts: 3,223
  • Options
    FreeChavezFreeChavez Member Posts: 3,223
    BTW. I love when someone calls themselves some sort of expert after 2 years. These guys are 50 years old and have been recruiting for god knows how long, played the game at a high level and now that you've got 2 years under your belt it's time to critique their evals?
  • Options
    insinceredawginsinceredawg Member Posts: 5,117
    DHD said:

And he's not wrong. He's entitled to your opinion. You can disagree with him, but he's not wrong. He's entitled to his opinion.
  • Options
    H_DH_D Member Posts: 6,098
    Tequilla said:

DHD said:

Jesus F Christopher ...

That's some TL, DR shit right there to be proud of
    That's like your opinion. Man.