Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Fotu Leiato

Was offered by Oregon according to Huffmans Twatter.

Seems like Peterson is recruting well, but I find it odd why Peterson hasn't offered, or maybe Peterson has better info than Oregon, UCLA, Michigan State and Oklahoma. Either way...

Comments

• Options
    HUSKYFANATICHUSKYFANATIC Member Posts: 1,651
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    It is all in the hips! Don't twist!
  • Options
    doogsinparadisedoogsinparadise Member Posts: 9,320
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary Name Dropper
    Doesn't shart purple, are you new here?
  • Options
    GrundleStiltzkinGrundleStiltzkin Member Posts: 61,481
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter
    Guessing is to do with position needs.
  • Options
    doogvilledoogville Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 1,183
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    hear me out. It's possbile, just possible, that Pete doesn't think the kid is that good and dgaf about a YouTube highlight clip.

#hottake
  • Options
    PassionPassion Member Posts: 4,622
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment
    edited January 2015
    My gut tells me this is not a Scott Crichton situation (UW fell asleep and totally missed the boat). I think (again, gut feeling) that Peterson is well aware of the attention this kid is getting, and is doing his homework.

Could we end up whiffing? Perhaps, but it would be for lack of analysis.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Passion said:

My gut tells me this is not a Scott Crichton situation (UW fell asleep and totally missed the boat). I think (again, gut feeling) that Peterson is well aware of the attention this kid is getting, and is doing his homework.

I love that you think there is a possibility that Pete is not aware of a Washington state kid with big time offers and a viral highlight vid.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    "Photo loofah? Never heard of him. Ok, I'm off to scout more church schools!" - Coach Pete
  • Options
    RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    doogville said:

hear me out. It's possbile, just possible, that Pete doesn't think the kid is that good and dgaf about a YouTube highlight clip.

#hottake

Your take is really stupid. I'm sure Stoops, Dantonio, Mora, and Helfrich are all offering him based off a highlight tape and did not evaluate any further. The offers prove he's a legitimate prospect. These are very good programs that are better than UW right now. That said, we have five LB's already and Leiato is 5'10" 185. He will either make the transition to safety or be an undersized LB.
  • Options
    BallSackedBallSacked Member Posts: 3,279
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary Name Dropper First Comment
    edited January 2015
    doogville said:

#hottake

I acknowledged as much in my original post. Reading is FUNdamental.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam

doogville said:

#hottake

Your take is really stupid. I'm sure Stoops, Dantonio, Mora, and Helfrich are all offering him based off a highlight tape and did not evaluate any further. The offers prove he's a legitimate prospect. These are very good programs that are better than UW right now. That said, we have five LB's already and Leiato is 5'10" 185. He will either make the transition to safety or be an undersized LB.
    Yea, shit, why even have Pete evaluate. Just offer UCLA's commit list...

One of the selling points of Petersen is that he is an excellent evaluator of talent. Meaning better than Jim mora JR. So I don't care if Oklahoma offers. Can't miss five stars with fuck tons of offers flame out all the time.

Everyone misses, but Petersen misses less (if he is who we think he is). So let it play out and don't lose sleep over it.
  • Options
    AEBAEB Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 2,959
    Founders Club
    Highlight films are always accurate. Unfortunately, Coach Pete probably watches game films and doesn't see the forest through the trees.
  • Options
    PurpleReignPurpleReign Member Posts: 5,457
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    edited January 2015
    He is exactly the type of recruit Petersen would go after. So, that leads me to conclude it's one of two possibilities: A) We already have enough people committed as his projected positions, or B ) he has some sort of character issue that doesn't jive with Coah Petersen's program.

I wouldn't be surprised if he ends up with a Udub offer though, especially if something changes in the current commit situation.
  • Options
    PassionPassion Member Posts: 4,622
    doogville said:

Passion said:

I love that you think there is a possibility that Pete is not aware of a Washington state kid with big time offers and a viral highlight vid.
    Correction: I meant that it would NOT be for lack of analysis. Whatever, it's Friday. FO.
  • Options
    Dennis_DeYoungDennis_DeYoung Member Posts: 14,754
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    There's a theory that he's being offered by UCLA and Oregon as an inducement to Potatoe.

Who knows? It doesn't sound like Pete wants him. It doesn't bother me much.

With Sark, I had absolutely no faith he would make the right decisions; with Pete, like the Beatles in '65, I feel fine.
  • Options
    RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    AEB said:

Highlight films are always accurate. Unfortunately, Coach Pete probably watches game films and doesn't see the forest through the trees.

This is why the Petersen jock sniffing gets annoying. The other coaches don't watch game film and do their homework? I don't think Stoops and Dantonio have been successful by being lazy.

Dantonio has succeeded with middle of the conference ranked recruiting classes. He must know something about evaluating.

We have five LB's already and aren't sold on Leiato as a safety. It makes sense, but this "Pete knows all" is bullshit.
  • Options
    bananasnblondesbananasnblondes Member Posts: 14,900
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter

There's a theory that he's being offered by UCLA and Oregon as an inducement to Potatoe.

Who knows? It doesn't sound like Pete wants him. It doesn't bother me much.

With Sark, I had absolutely no faith he would make the right decisions; with Pete, like the Beatles in '65, I feel fine.

He will visit the Ducks the weekend before signing day. The Ducks are trying to poach Potoae and I'd say that if Potoae doesn't make his decision next week, he will likely visit Oregon with Fotu and commit to Oregon. At that point, the doogman bored will go nuts
  • Options
    whatshouldicareaboutwhatshouldicareabout Member Posts: 12,439

He is exactly the type of recruit Petersen would go after. So, that leads me to conclude it's one of two possibilities: A) We already have enough people committed as his projected positions, or B ) he has some sort of character issue that doesn't jive with Coah Petersen's program.

I wouldn't be surprised if he ends up with a Udub offer though, especially if something changes in the current commit situation.

This

We already have 6 LB/S commits: Beavers, Bartlett, Pounds, Manu, BBK, and Turner... 7 if you include Warren who's projected to be a BUCK.

I think Petersen would like to have Leiato, but we probably don't have room anymore after securing Turner away from Oklahoma.
  • Options
    Founders Club

AEB said:

This is why the Petersen jock sniffing gets annoying. The other coaches don't watch game film and do their homework? I don't think Stoops and Dantonio have been successful by being lazy.

Dantonio has succeeded with middle of the conference ranked recruiting classes. He must know something about evaluating.

We have five LB's already and aren't sold on Leiato as a safety. It makes sense, but this "Pete knows all" is bullshit.
    Easy big boy. More a comment on the Doogin that exploded over this kid because of his YouTube film. No doog following recruiting ever heard of this kid until his highlights went viral. I'm guessing the staff has seen his game tape and maybe passed. Guessing other coaches made the opposite decision. Thats what makes a market. But still, the rest of us are judging Coach Pete first based upon a highlight tape. Now with other offers coming in that's changing some. For example, I thought he was bigger. Didn't realize from game tape he was 5'10
  • Options
    HeretoBeatmyChestHeretoBeatmyChest Member Posts: 4,295
    Im curious, is there any evidence of this guys potential beyond just blowing up guys on kickoffs?
  • Options
    Founders Club

Im curious, is there any evidence of this guys potential beyond just blowing up guys on kickoffs?

This has the makings of a Doog Legend a la Evan Hudson is to JJ Watt as Fotu is to Troy Polomalu...

As well as this staff has recruited and offered the State of WA, something HAS to be up.