Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Scientists balk at ‘hottest year’ claims:

d2dd2d Member Posts: 3,109
First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
edited January 2015 in Tug Tavern

Scientists balk at ‘hottest year’ claims: Ignores Satellites showing 18 Year ‘Pause’ – ‘We are arguing over the significance of hundredths of a degree’ – The ‘Pause’ continues

Climate Depot's Marc Morano: 'Claiming 2014 is the 'hottest year' on record based on hundredths of a degree temperature difference is a fancy way of saying the global warming 'pause' is continuing.' Astrophysicist Dr. Dr David Whitehouse: 'The NASA press release is highly misleading...talk of a record is scientifically and statistically meaningless.' Climatologist Dr. Roy Spencer: ‘Why 2014 Won’t Be the Warmest Year on Record’ (based on surface data)– ‘We are arguing over the significance of hundredths of a degree’

Climatologist Dr. Pat Michaels debunks 2014 ‘hottest year’ claim: ‘Is 58.46° then distinguishable from 58.45°? In a word, ‘NO.’

No Record Temperatures According To Satellites

Physicist Dr. Lubos Motl: ‘Please laugh out loud when someone will be telling you that it was the warmest year’

Climatologist Dr. Roger Pielke Sr.: 'We have found a significant warm bias. Thus, the reported global average surface temperature anomaly is also too warm.'

Climatologist Dr. Judith Curry: 'With 2014 essentially tied with 2005 and 2010 for hottest year, this implies that there has been essentially no trend in warming over the past decade.'

climatedepot.com/2015/01/16/scientists-balk-at-hottest-year-claims-we-are-arguing-over-the-significance-of-hundredths-of-a-degree-the-pause-continues/

Comments

• Options
    PurpleJPurpleJ Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 36,578
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Balk?

Take this shit to the Lou Piniella Lounge.
  • Options
    jecorneljecornel Member Posts: 9,614
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment
    Standard Supporter
    Still working on this one huh.
  • Options
    jecornel said:

Still working on this one huh.

"The science is settled."
  • Options
    whatshouldicareaboutwhatshouldicareabout Member Posts: 12,476
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes

Pretty sure that was the hottest year on Earth.
  • Options
    DeepSeaZDeepSeaZ Member Posts: 3,901
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Answer First Comment
    It beat out the initial creation on the planet by 0.01 degrees Celsius.

• Options
    2001400ex2001400ex Member Posts: 29,457
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    d2d said:

Scientists balk at ‘hottest year’ claims: Ignores Satellites showing 18 Year ‘Pause’ – ‘We are arguing over the significance of hundredths of a degree’ – The ‘Pause’ continues

Climate Depot's Marc Morano: 'Claiming 2014 is the 'hottest year' on record based on hundredths of a degree temperature difference is a fancy way of saying the global warming 'pause' is continuing.' Astrophysicist Dr. Dr David Whitehouse: 'The NASA press release is highly misleading...talk of a record is scientifically and statistically meaningless.' Climatologist Dr. Roy Spencer: ‘Why 2014 Won’t Be the Warmest Year on Record’ (based on surface data)– ‘We are arguing over the significance of hundredths of a degree’

Climatologist Dr. Pat Michaels debunks 2014 ‘hottest year’ claim: ‘Is 58.46° then distinguishable from 58.45°? In a word, ‘NO.’

Physicist Dr. Lubos Motl: ‘Please laugh out loud when someone will be telling you that it was the warmest year’

Climatologist Dr. Roger Pielke Sr.: 'We have found a significant warm bias. Thus, the reported global average surface temperature anomaly is also too warm.'

Climatologist Dr. Judith Curry: 'With 2014 essentially tied with 2005 and 2010 for hottest year, this implies that there has been essentially no trend in warming over the past decade.'

climatedepot.com/2015/01/16/scientists-balk-at-hottest-year-claims-we-are-arguing-over-the-significance-of-hundredths-of-a-degree-the-pause-continues/

You are up there with puppy on the bullshit meter.
  • Options
    dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614

Stop Living In The Past!
  • Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,728
    Swaye's Wigwam
    2001400ex said:

d2d said:

I thought you were the guy with facts. The last guy that took on D2D on this subject is buried in an unmarked grave in Middelbury
  • Options

2001400ex said:

d2d said:

I thought you were the guy with facts. The last guy that took on D2D on this subject is buried in an unmarked grave in Middelbury
  • Options

2001400ex said:

d2d said:

He posted the facts, they are right there. The last 18 years are the hottest years on record. Death's chosen news source lies to him and he believes it. 90 plus % of the world's scientists believe global warming is at least partially human caused. What else do you need to know?
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Anything that disagrees with hondo is a lie. Got it. That 18 year bullshit is easily discredited by several scientific sources
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Oh and I need to know your solution

With specifics
  • Options

Anything that disagrees with hondo is a lie. Got it. That 18 year bullshit is easily discredited by several scientific sources

Learn to read.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    That's what I thought
  • Options

That's what I thought

Either you are that stupid, or you are trying to bait me. I'll go with both.
  • Options
    doogsinparadisedoogsinparadise Member Posts: 9,320
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary Name Dropper
    I like to reach into a bowl of 97 green skittles, pull out one of the 3 red ones, and then claim that it was an even odds proposition. I do that.
  • Options

With specifics

My solution? Continue in America our reduction in pollution. The bigger issue is China, India, and countries like those. We need to get them to clean up their act. If 90% of the world scientists are wrong, the worst case is we have a cleaner earth. Sounds like a win \win to me.
  • Options
    2001400ex said:

With specifics

My solution? Continue in America our reduction in pollution. The bigger issue is China, India, and countries like those. We need to get them to clean up their act. If 90% of the world scientists are wrong, the worst case is we have a cleaner earth. Sounds like a win \win to me.
    ... sounds like a whine whine to me.
  • Options
    PurpleJPurpleJ Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 36,578
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Sounds like Honda supports WW3.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    2001400ex said:

With specifics

What will that accomplish? How long? What cost? Specifics

And we all know that the 97% consensus number is bullshit. Let's stick to the truth here ok?