Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Is DAT the closest thing to the "Rocket"?

Or is he better? Its taken 22 years to find a player like Raghib Ismail. NOBODY since has been able to change the outcome of a game, on a dime, like the Rocket. I contend that Ismail was a better pure gamebreaker, but DAT is only a JR, and didn't get many touches under Kelly.

The think is, I hate both ND and Oregon, but I love college football and appreciate raw ability like this. Thdont a lot of new fish on this board who prolly don't remember the Rocket, so stay the fuck off the topic if you don't. But if you do, objectively, who do you think is better?

I got DAT already as a junior-to-be, because he's done so much with so little touches. DAT's touches/game are going to sky rocket now, and with that he'll become the most electrifying, one-touch marvel of our time.

Raghib is one of my favorite players in my lifetime and still will be, but DeAnthony Thomas is in a league by himself. Some might argue and that's fair. Its a difficult comparison

Comments

• Reggie Bush is the greatest college football player I've ever seen. Certainly better than DAT. Never watched "the rocket" play.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 11,453
    Was going to say Reggie Bush would like to say fuck you.
  • HillsboroDuckHillsboroDuck Member Posts: 9,186
    Bush >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Rocket > DAT, though I do think the race for second place is close. DAT is a very unique talent.

Maybe DAT will sign with the CFL like Raghib did.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    edited August 2013
    For me, college football peaked in the Bush-Leinart USC years. Keith Jackson was still calling games for ABC. The SEC had yet to conquer the sport. Michigan and Ohio State were great. So was Miami. The game is still great, but less exciting than it was then.
  • DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 62,384 Founders Club
    The Rocket stood out more because A. We hadn't seen anyone like him before, and B. he played for Notre Dame. I think DAT will prove to be better.

For me, college football peaked in the Bush-Leinart USC years. Keith Jackson was still calling games for ABC. The SEC had yet to conquer the sport. Michigan and Ohio State were great. So was Miami. The game is still great, but less exciting than it was then.

It was tough for me to appreciate college football back then due to the suck of Gilby and Ty.

I try to separate college football and how the Huskies are doing but it was pretty tough back then.

Those USC teams were fun to watch. Besides a UW team the most I looked forward to watching a team play was those Leinart-Bush teams.
  • jecorneljecornel Member Posts: 9,726
    Marshall Faulk was pretty incredible to watch in college. Electric comes to mind...
  • MeekMeek Member Posts: 7,031
    marshall faulk played in basically juco so it didnt' compare but neither rocket nor DAT had/have the physicality to be more than change of pace/special teams/trick play ponies. reggie bush may have peaked in college but he was definitely a bigger impact play in-play out.... notwithstanding his dumb ass non-block that cost the Trojans dearly.
  • RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member Posts: 30,123

Reggie Bush is the greatest college football player I've ever seen. Certainly better than DAT. Never watched "the rocket" play.

Bush was incredible, but I don't think he's the greatest college football player. I would go with Vince Young over Bush. Ndamukong Suh would be my choice for best defensive player of the past 15 years.

Reggie Bush is the greatest college football player I've ever seen. Certainly better than DAT. Never watched "the rocket" play.

Bush was incredible, but I don't think he's the greatest college football player. I would go with Vince Young over Bush. Ndamukong Suh would be my choice for best defensive player of the past 15 years.

Vince Young was the best player on the field that day but I'm still taking Bush. He electrified college football for a solid three years straight.

Vince Young was the best player on the field that day but I'm still taking Bush. He electrified college football for a solid three years straight.
    Too tough to call, and there's not really a right or wrong answer. I would agree that Bush had the more consistent career, but Young's junior season was incredible. That was a great championship game. I was pissed that USC lost. I loved watching those USC teams.

• DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 62,384 Founders Club
    This will make me sound like a bigger homer than Damon Huard, but Steve Emtman might have been the best football player I've ever seen.
  • TheKobeStopperTheKobeStopper Member Posts: 5,959
    This thread is worthless. Michael Vick is the answer to everything and its not even close.

This thread is worthless. Michael Vick is the answer to everything and its not even close.

WOOF!
  • jecorneljecornel Member Posts: 9,726
    edited August 2013
    Faulk rushed for a 158 yards as freshman against Miami in 1991. I would say that is a step above juco. 220 against USC, decent.
  • HillsboroDuckHillsboroDuck Member Posts: 9,186

Too tough to call, and there's not really a right or wrong answer. I would agree that Bush had the more consistent career, but Young's junior season was incredible. That was a great championship game. I was pissed that USC lost. I loved watching those USC teams.

Young was unstoppable in that game when it mattered most, but Bush had a far better college career.

And if we're expanding this to include QB's I'm with apag, Vick > Young

• MikeDamoneMikeDamone Member Posts: 37,781
    Hershel Walker was the best player on the field. 'Nuff said on that.
    edited August 2013

Hershel Walker was the best player on the field. 'Nuff said on that.

The 1979 USC offensive line had the attitude and was always ready to rumble
  • TierbsHsotBoobsTierbsHsotBoobs Member Posts: 39,680
    Here are the best players I've seen over the last 25 years:

Barry Sanders
    Andre Ware
    Ty Detmer
    Desmond Howard
    Gino Torretta
    Charlie Ward
    Rashaan Salaam
    Eddie George
    Danny Wuerffel
    Charles Woodson
    Ricky Williams
    Ron Dayne
    Chris Weinke
    Eric Crouch
    Carson Palmer
    Jason White
    Matt Leinart
    Troy Smith
    Tim Tebow
    Sam Bradford
    Mark Ingram
    Cam Newton
    Robert Griffin III
    Johnny Manziel

Note: Players in bold are the only players who were actually worth being on the list. It's an insult to Barry Sanders to be on the list with the others.

Vick was an amazing talent, but he didn't put up the numbers to match up with some of the other guys who have been mentioned.