Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Peterman - worst power 5 coach

Comments

• Options
    SwayeSwaye Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 41,089
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club
    Canard said:

Any analysis that looks at 3 star Mariota as lower on paper than four star miley is fucktarded.

That's the only way this guy is doing a "talent analysis," by dry star counting.

Anyone with even one functional eyeball on Miley the season before he was named starter knew that the young noodle arm who had the throwing motion and slow delivery of a trebuchet, but without the zip and range, was taking you nowhere good, or certainly not to 10+/- 1 wins.

Well, at least I was laughing at the sweatpants boners around here. You'll have to acquit yourself if you were in the Great Purple Circle Jerk of 2014.

• Options
    AZDuckAZDuck Member Posts: 15,381
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Answer
    Awesomed for "Great Purple Circle Jerk of 2014"

going into the rotation
  • Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 102,287
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    The Great Purple Circle Jerk is much older than 2014

hth
  • Options
    priapismpriapism Member Posts: 2,036
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary Combo Breaker 5 Awesomes
    Yes, UW should be finishing in the top 5 of the Pac every year with this decent talent...battling ASU for 4th.
  • Options
    dtddtd Member Posts: 4,165
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter

Oh fer fuck sakes here we go. In 3-4 more years he'll be the best so fuck you punto

puntoing is winning
  • Options
    PurpleJPurpleJ Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 36,637
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Fuck metrics Fuck matrices Fuck everybody

8-6 bitches!!!1
  • Options
    oregonblitzkriegoregonblitzkrieg Member Posts: 15,288
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    PurpleJ said:

8-6 bitches!!!1

Perhaps you can take consolation in the fact that at least you'll be able to root for the Tide.
  • Options
    BallSackedBallSacked Member Posts: 3,279
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary Name Dropper First Comment
    A lot of this analysis is also associating luck with coaching. Was it incredible coaching that led to Rich Rod beating Cal or UW this year? Or the buzz-cut midget beating SC? No.
  • Options
    PurpleJPurpleJ Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 36,637
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam

PurpleJ said:

8-6 bitches!!!1

Perhaps you can take consolation in the fact that at least you'll be able to root for the Tide.
    Is there a bronze medal game?
  • Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 102,287
    Swaye's Wigwam

A lot of this analysis is also associating luck with coaching. Was it incredible coaching that led to Rich Rod beating Cal or UW this year? Or the buzz-cut midget beating SC? No.

I heard the great Rick Rod on the radio today. He asked how his QB is. Rich says he still hasn't talked to him since the bowl game because he's still pissed at him. Noted that he probably should see how he is.
  • Options
    doogsinparadisedoogsinparadise Member Posts: 9,320
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary Name Dropper
    Dick Rod is rubbing qb recruits the wrong way.
  • Options
    beelzebubbeelzebub Member Posts: 361
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes Testing 1 5 Up Votes
    Water is wet...
    Been telling u fools what the objective data proves.
    Stop being apologists for Petersen ur smarter thanDisgrace Bannon
  • Options
    BallSackedBallSacked Member Posts: 3,279
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary Name Dropper First Comment

I heard the great Rick Rod on the radio today. He asked how his QB is. Rich says he still hasn't talked to him since the bowl game because he's still pissed at him. Noted that he probably should see how he is.
    Wow.

I think he's a good coach, but the asshole Schtick has to be grating on his players and it has to be a negative for recruiting. Zona (ILTCAZ) is definitely a notch below the other top 3 P12S teams in TBS rankings.
  • Options
    whatshouldicareaboutwhatshouldicareabout Member Posts: 12,500
    Okay, okay... I finally calmed down from laughing at Leach being 10th and decided to look at the numbers. Advanced metris reveals some interesting pieces of information.

According to the data, we should've beaten Stanford, UCLA, ASU and Arizona and finished the year 12-1. Yeah, 12-1 with Miles as your starting QB. Anything less is a penalty to this guy.

Also, looking at the coaches who underperformed is hilarious. According to the data, Brady Hoke and Will Muschamp lost 12 and 14 games respectively that they shouldn't have during their 4 year careers. Both were fired. Bo Pelini lost only 4 games he shouldn't have in 7 years and was canned. Weis, only 5 in 3 years at Kansas. Sark, on the other hand, lost 10 game he shouldn't have in 5 years at Washington and was hired by USC.
  • Options
    MuttzenMuttzen Member Posts: 1,015
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Name Dropper

Okay, okay... I finally calmed down from laughing at Leach being 10th and decided to look at the numbers. Advanced metris reveals some interesting pieces of information.

According to the data, we should've beaten Stanford, UCLA, ASU and Arizona and finished the year 12-1. Yeah, 12-1 with Miles as your starting QB. Anything less is a penalty to this guy.

Also, looking at the coaches who underperformed is hilarious. According to the data, Brady Hoke and Will Muschamp lost 12 and 14 games respectively that they shouldn't have during their 4 year careers. Both were fired. Bo Pelini lost only 4 games he shouldn't have in 7 years and was canned. Weis, only 5 in 3 years at Kansas. Sark, on the other hand, lost 10 game he shouldn't have in 5 years at Washington and was hired by USC.

• Options
    H_DH_D Member Posts: 6,098
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    Swaye said:

Canard said:

Any analysis that looks at 3 star Mariota as lower on paper than four star miley is fucktarded.

That's the only way this guy is doing a "talent analysis," by dry star counting.

Anyone with even one functional eyeball on Miley the season before he was named starter knew that the young noodle arm who had the throwing motion and slow delivery of a trebuchet, but without the zip and range, was taking you nowhere good, or certainly not to 10+/- 1 wins.

Well, at least I was laughing at the sweatpants boners around here. You'll have to acquit yourself if you were in the Great Purple Circle Jerk of 2014.

I always prefer a clenched vag. You squeeze that shit tight.
  • Options
    BayDawgBayDawg Member Posts: 1,623
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Name Dropper
    beelzebub said:

Water is wet...
    Been telling u fools what the objective data proves.
    Stop being apologists for Petersen ur smarter thanDisgrace Bannon

BEBAR
  • Options
    SwayeSwaye Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 41,089
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club
    H_D said:

Swaye said:

Canard said:

I always prefer a clenched vag. You squeeze that shit tight.
    Kegel superiority guy
  • Options
    whlinderwhlinder Member Posts: 4,361
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment
    Standard Supporter
    Canard said:

That was my assumption as well, that the "talent base" is solely on star counting, a static measurement given to a player when they were 17 or 18 years old.

No consideration of the development of the players between their star ranking and today? Or having to kick talented players that choke coaches off the team?

Lazy analysis, but it gets cfbmatrix FREE PUB
  • Options
    puppylove_sugarsteelpuppylove_sugarsteel Member Posts: 9,133
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker 5 Awesomes

Oh fer fuck sakes here we go. In 3-4 more years he'll be the best so fuck you punto

By the nature of the matrix it would not be possible for Peterman to be the best in this study. UW recruits at too high of a level. But your poont stands.
    I didnt click the fucking link. I just used context clues to respond to this bullshit.