Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Cardale Jones Ain't Come Here to Play School; He's Come To Beat Little Kids at Video Games

Comments

• MisterEmMisterEm Member Posts: 6,685
    MickDoog representing the NCAA Xbox HOF.

When are Roadie and the Mick going to rumble?
  • MuttzenMuttzen Member Posts: 1,015
    edited January 2015
    I like to play as_crazytank3 and crash the vehicle into the terrain, capsizing it into the ground. That's what I like to do.
  • RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member Posts: 30,123

They both suck if they are giving up that many points.

Whoa, I though xbox superiority guy was @IrishDawg22‌ territory?

You challenging for the title now?
    I've retired from gaming, but I was really fucking good in college. I would probably smack @IrishDawg22‌. The key is to play it like a real football game. Don't throw it 90% of the time like most people do. Get constant pressure with 4 or 5 and let the other player throw the inevitable 3 or 4 pick 6's.
    That is convenient that @RoadDawg55‌ retired from gaming. I would have him rage quit before the end of the 1st half.
    It's like riding a bike. I might have to buy an xbox to win the HH championship.
  • DooglesDoogles Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 12,556 Founders Club

I've retired from gaming, but I was really fucking good in college. I would probably smack @IrishDawg22‌. The key is to play it like a real football game. Don't throw it 90% of the time like most people do. Get constant pressure with 4 or 5 and let the other player throw the inevitable 3 or 4 pick 6's.
    That is convenient that @RoadDawg55‌ retired from gaming. I would have him rage quit before the end of the 1st half.
    It's like riding a bike. I might have to buy an xbox to win the HH championship.
    This thread has me seriously considering getting an Xbox so i can taste potato tears.
  • ThomasFremontThomasFremont Member Posts: 13,325

and here I thought we would play Dungeons and Dragons at our next HH get together.
    I know a good dungeon master, if you know what I'm saying...
  • Fire_Marshall_BillFire_Marshall_Bill Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 23,618 Founders Club

^ This. I've never been real into video gaymes (except a couple of times when I was hooked on GTA Vice City more than some people are addicted to this bored). If you run it 50-75% of the time and play ball control, it puts you in a position to win. It's just not as flashy or exciting.
    edited January 2015

^ This. I've never been real into video gaymes (except a couple of times when I was hooked on GTA Vice City more than some people are addicted to this bored). If you run it 50-75% of the time and play ball control, it puts you in a position to win. It's just not as flashy or exciting.
    NCAA 2000 was all about Tui and the option. Locker was pretty legit in NCAA 2007 if you used him like Ty did his Freshman year. I would eventually get bored and play dynasty mode where all I cared about was building program prestige and recruiting, have faith in the team I built, simulate the season, then play the Rose Bowl or Title game.

Edit: My uncle's college roommate at fresno state was one of the earlier developers for electronic arts (the original warcraft was one of his babies) and in one of the earlier NCAAs (i'm thinking 98) there is a secret play buried in Fresnos playbook that if you just hike the ball and let it play out, graphically the rb can't be stopped.
  • dncdnc Member Posts: 56,630

And in this one way, Xbox foosball resembles real foosball.
  • dncdnc Member Posts: 56,630
    Doogles said:

NCAA 2000 was all about Tui and the option. Locker was pretty legit in NCAA 2007 if you used him like Ty did his Freshman year. I would eventually get bored and play dynasty mode where all I cared about was building program prestige and recruiting, have faith in the team I built, simulate the season, then play the Rose Bowl or Title game.

Edit: My uncle's college roommate at fresno state was one of the earlier developers for electronic arts (the original warcraft was one of his babies) and in one of the earlier NCAAs (i'm thinking 98) there is a secret play buried in Fresnos playbook that if you just hike the ball and let it play out, graphically the rb can't be stopped.
    So your saying your cousins have two dads?

• SwayeSwaye Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 41,367 Founders Club
    edited January 2015
    Some of you fucks really need to get out more. The basement stench is strong with many of you.

But if any of this nerdy shit ends up with a cosplay bitch, then it's cool.
    dnc said:

Doogles said:

So your saying your cousins have two dads?

I never speculate when i'm handed free PS1 games. Cannot confirm who slept on top or bottom bunk.
    edited January 2015
    Swaye said:

Swayes gotta Swaye.
  • RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member Posts: 30,123
    edited January 2015
    Doogles said:

I think NCAA11 was the last one I owned. The shotgun zone/read, shotgun triple option was really tough to defend if the other player runs it right. I had a buddy who was also really good who used that attack. He beat me a few times, but most the time I would break out the plunger because he turned the ball over too much with that fancy shit. It's pretty hard to get good at it though and it can be turnover prone. I stuck with my power running and hot route passing attack.

The newer games were great because they stopped being video game corny. It wasn't as easy to just use a fast QB, like using Locker how Ty did. Michael Vick was unstoppable in some of the Madden games because of his speed. I did it too, but it was stupid and unrealistic.

The best player in the recent NCAA games wasn't an offensive player. It was Taylor Mays. he was a 99 overall with 98 speed and was huge. Most safeties would get trucked in one on one's with TE's and RB's, but Mays wouldn't. We used to bet $5 or a blunt on games and I don't think I ever lost playing with USC. I was so dominate that we had to use B rated teams instead of the top teams.

This thread has me wanting to play.
    edited January 2015

Doogles said:

I think NCAA11 was the last one I owned. The shotgun zone/read, shotgun triple option was really tough to defend if the other player runs it right. I had a buddy who was also really good who used that attack. He beat me a few times, but most the time I would break out the plunger because he turned the ball over too much with that fancy shit. It's pretty hard to get good at it though and it can be turnover prone. I stuck with my power running and hot route passing attack.

The newer games were great because they stopped being video game corny. It wasn't as easy to just use a fast QB, like using Locker how Ty did. Michael Vick was unstoppable in some of the Madden games because of his speed. I did it too, but it was stupid and unrealistic.

The best player in the recent NCAA games wasn't an offensive player. It was Taylor Mays. he was a 99 overall with 98 speed and was huge. Most safeties would get trucked in one on one's with TE's and RB's, but Mays wouldn't. We used to bet $5 or a blunt on games and I don't think I ever lost playing with USC. I was so dominate that we had to use B rated teams instead of the top teams.

This thread has me wanting to play.
    I'm going to have to raid the parents house for the old system ASAP. Agreed on the old games being completely unrealistic.

I had to adjust because back then with Locker i literally would motion a WR to see if the D was in man, if they were audible deep routes for the WR and sprint out of the pocket. Too fast for the LBs to catch and if they brought a safety up i would just laser beam to the open receiver. A lot of Rage quit from friends.

The newer versions definitely require more of a traditional approach.
  • Mosster47Mosster47 Member Posts: 6,246
    MisterEm said:

MisterEm said:

Be really fucking good at Starcraft Counter Strike in college and then pop off.
    Run a CS server in another freshman's dorm on the UW network using borrowed "equpment" from the Forestry building and then pop off.

#MisterClan
    1.6? Source? CS:GO?
    CS 1.1 thru 1.4 on uw.net. Original home of the "Seattle Vaginal Exuberance" server.

Brief foray into a Battlefield 1942 server but it killed the dorm bandwidth and ended our run with the Forestry dept's server farm.

PARTY PEOPLE UP IN HERRRRRR!!!!!!1!!111!!!!!1!
  • H_DH_D Member Posts: 6,098
    Swaye said:

Not your normal Swaye tatted up sloot. Good to see your expanding your horizons.

That's not a buffalo by the way.