Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

something gleaned from TMac's list of losses

DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 62,616 Founders Club
edited August 2013 in Hardcore Husky Board
In 18 years of coaching at Washington, Don James surrendered 50+ points to an opponent only once - Alabama in 1975.

In four years at Washington, Sark has already done it 7 times!

Comments

• jecorneljecornel Member Posts: 9,727
    Derek, don't you know if Don James was coaching today all you would want him FIRED! Sark needs MORE time!
  • SoutherndawgSoutherndawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 8,285 Founders Club

You have no idea how much the college football landscape has changed.
    - doogism #9887789

By the way, after they played again and the Huskies gave Bama all they could handle, didn't Bear Bryant make a comment something to the effect that he'd never seen a team turned around that quickly?
  • DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 62,616 Founders Club

You have no idea how much the college football landscape has changed.
    - doogism #9887789

By the way, after they played again and the Huskies gave Bama all they could handle, didn't Bear Bryant make a comment something to the effect that he'd never seen a team turned around that quickly?

Yes, Oct 1978
  • TailgaterTailgater Member Posts: 1,389
    I can still see the ball bounce off Spider Gaines' facemask right down in front of me with nothing to stop him but the endzone for six and victory late in the 4th quarter. Tom Porras under heavy pressure had lofted a perfect pass to Spider on the fly, however it was not to be. Not to doogit too much, but the Bear was very lucky to walk out of Husky Stadium that day with a win.
  • DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 62,616 Founders Club
    Tailgater said:

I can still see the ball bounce off Spider Gaines' facemask right down in front of me with nothing to stop him but the endzone for six and victory late in the 4th quarter. Tom Porras under heavy pressure had lofted a perfect pass to Spider on the fly, however it was not to be. Not to doogit too much, but the Bear was very lucky to walk out of Husky Stadium that day with a win.

To this day, Joe Steele says he thinks about his fumble late in the 4th quarter at the Bama 30.
  • RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 104,821 Founders Club
    Tailgater said:

I remember it like it was yesterday.
  • SoutherndawgSoutherndawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 8,285 Founders Club
    Unfortunately, I remember very little from the late 70's. That was the era of true abundance.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 11,453

In 18 years of coaching at Washington, Don James surrendered 50+ points to an opponent only once - Alabama in 1975.

Shit Ty allowed 50+ five times. It's never good when you beating Ty Willingham for futility.

Tailgater said:

I remember it like it was yesterday.
    Pics?
  • TierbsHsotBoobsTierbsHsotBoobs Member Posts: 39,680

Shit Ty allowed 50+ five times. It's never good when you beating Ty Willingham for futility.
    Baer and Donatell >> Holt and Wilcox
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 11,453

Baer and Donatell >> Holt and Wilcox
    Baer allowed 50+ three times in three years but was the worst DC ever according to most.

Wilcox who some think should be our next head coach has already allowed 50+ twice.
  • TMacDawgTMacDawg Member Posts: 161

Nice glean. And people thought Rick was slick. It's amazing what Sark gets a free pass on...