Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Rollllball

Gotta say, the decision to sit your leading scorer for all 5 minutes of OT was just brilliant watson. Double down on that by realizing that UW scored a grand total of ZERO fast break points on the night. Zero.

Lifetime contract

Comments

• Options
    RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    That was one of the worst coaches games I have ever seen out of Romar. That is saying a lot because he isn't a very good coach. Sitting Kemp for 10+ minutes in the first half with two fouls was just as bad. We went a very long time without a FG. I think it might have been worth taking a risk with 4-5 minutes left.
  • Options
    FreeChavezFreeChavez Member Posts: 3,223
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment

That was one of the worst coaches games I have ever seen out of Romar. That is saying a lot because he isn't a very good coach. Sitting Kemp for 10+ minutes in the first half with two fouls was just as bad. We went a very long time without a FG. I think it might have been worth taking a risk with 4-5 minutes left.

The whole idea of sitting someone b/c they have 2 fouls is pretty ridiculous in itself. You're just as likely to get a third foul in the first 10 seconds of the second half as you to get a third foul with 5 minutes to go in the 1st half. I hate when coaches do that for super long stretches. IF he gets a third, fine. You sit him. Otherwise let the guy play so we have someone who can score on the floor.
  • Options
    RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam

The whole idea of sitting someone b/c they have 2 fouls is pretty ridiculous in itself. You're just as likely to get a third foul in the first 10 seconds of the second half as you to get a third foul with 5 minutes to go in the 1st half. I hate when coaches do that for super long stretches. IF he gets a third, fine. You sit him. Otherwise let the guy play so we have someone who can score on the floor.
    Exactly. I get what dumb fuck Romar was thinking. Jarreau had 3 fouls and Romar didn't want to get stuck late in the game with Upshaw as the only big. It backfired though and when your team is going who knows how many minutes without a FG, you put the guy who scored 10 of your first 14 points back in the game.
  • Options
    FreeChavezFreeChavez Member Posts: 3,223

Exactly. I get what dumb fuck Romar was thinking. Jarreau had 3 fouls and Romar didn't want to get stuck late in the game with Upshaw as the only big. It backfired though and when your team is going who knows how many minutes without a FG, you put the guy who scored 10 of your first 14 points back in the game.
    Well, and it also makes no sense that you're busy protecting fouls of a guy(ie kemp) who you don't even play in OT. So obviously he wasn't THAT important to the gameplan right????
  • Options
    SevenElevenSevenEleven Member Posts: 318

Well, and it also makes no sense that you're busy protecting fouls of a guy(ie kemp) who you don't even play in OT. So obviously he wasn't THAT important to the gameplan right????
    Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha!!
  • Options
    BayDawgBayDawg Member Posts: 1,623
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Name Dropper
    I assumed Kemp had fouled out when he didnt play at all in the ot. Just FS.

My buddy sent me a text with about a minute and a half left when we were up 4, saying he could feel a unbelievably painful loss coming.

Pay the man his money...