Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Seahawks open as 10.5 point favorites over carolina

dhdawgdhdawg Member Posts: 13,326
5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker First Anniversary
I'm pretty confident the Seahawks take care of business here, say 20-7?

Comments

• Options
    PurpleBazePurpleBaze Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 29,488
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club

Carolina defense is for real and the Seahawks aren't exactly an offensive juggernaut. This will be a tough game

Dungy? Is that you?
  • Options
    TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,815
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes 5 Fuck Offs
    I'd take the points ... the last few games between these teams have been fairly close with the Hawks struggling to score much. The under might be an even better play.
  • Options
    The only bet that looks somewhat enticing is the ravens +7.5
  • Options
    What are the lines? Haven't seen them all yet.
  • Options
  • Options
    dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    Tequilla said:

I'd take the points ... the last few games between these teams have been fairly close with the Hawks struggling to score much. The under might be an even better play.

Good poonts. OTOH, all those games were at Carolina. The defense should be able to cause some turnovers and create some poonts in Seattle. Don't think I'd bet this game though.
  • Options
    SteveInSheltonSteveInShelton Member Posts: 1,611
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    Surprised Green Bay is only -6.5. Dallas looked like shit. They only got back in the game because of Jim Caldwell Jim Caldwelling (and maybe the refs helped). Green Bay's defense is solid at home and they will put up 30+ on offense.
  • Options
    HeretoBeatmyChestHeretoBeatmyChest Member Posts: 4,295
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment
    If Seattle doesn't turn the ball over its going to be very ugly for Carolina. 27-6.
  • Options
    dnc said:

Tequilla said:

Good poonts. OTOH, all those games were at Carolina. The defense should be able to cause some turnovers and create some poonts in Seattle. Don't think I'd bet this game though.
    Carolina is basically SF, Arizona, and St Louis. Good defense and shit offense. Basically what Race said.
  • Options
    Power running can work against the Seahawks. I've never seen the Seahawks get gashed by read option or any other gimmick running game.
    This will look a lot like the SEA@PHI game, except at home
  • Options
    dhdawg said:

Power running can work against the Seahawks. I've never seen the Seahawks get gashed by read option or any other gimmick running game.
    This will look a lot like the SEA@PHI game, except at home

Not to mention their whole offense against Arizona was Johnathan Stewart running. How often has he ever stayed healthy?
  • Options
    H_DH_D Member Posts: 6,098
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    dhdawg said:

I'm pretty confident the Seahawks take care of business here, say 20-7?

I'm waiting to hear what @Houhusky has to say on this one.
  • Options
    LaZorisLaZoris Member Posts: 1,628
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Standard Supporter
    Any Fag who thinks the Hawks will let up @ Home on these sub .500 fags is just a straight faggot. I guess I like ripping of faggots. The Hawks will roll by -14 EASY in this gay playoff game.
  • Options
    doogsinparadisedoogsinparadise Member Posts: 9,320
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary Name Dropper

Carolina St. Louis Arizona defense is for real and the Seahawks aren't exactly an offensive juggernaut. This will be a tough game

Lather, rinse, repeat.
  • Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,474
    Swaye's Wigwam

Carolina St. Louis Arizona defense is for real and the Seahawks aren't exactly an offensive juggernaut. This will be a tough game

Lather, rinse, repeat.
    I'm surprised your surprised
  • Options
    DooglesDoogles Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 12,476
    Swaye's Wigwam
    edited January 2015
    dnc said:

Tequilla said:

Tequilla you self admitted it has been a bad betting season for you. I'm taking the Hawks in this one.
  • Options
    DooglesDoogles Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 12,476
    Swaye's Wigwam

Surprised Green Bay is only -6.5. Dallas looked like shit. They only got back in the game because of Jim Caldwell Jim Caldwelling (and maybe the refs helped). Green Bay's defense is solid at home and they will put up 30+ on offense.

GB is only a 6.5 favorite because the fix is in for Dallas.
  • Options
    Doogles said:

dnc said:

Tequilla said:

Tequilla you self admitted it has been a bad betting season for you. I'm taking the Hawks in this one.
    About the only thing I've been getting right the last couple of weeks has been the Seahawks (and TCU).

10.5 points is a lot ... particularly in playoff football. I would like it a lot better if the game got bet down to 9.5 or even 10 points. I could very easily see the Hawks have a 23-6 lead late in the 4th quarter and Carolina getting a meaningless score to end the game. It also worries me that the Hawks have struggled to score the last 2 years on Carolina. What their defense does well is what our offense does well - you tend to beat them in the passing game.

Scoring as a whole tends to go down a bit during the playoffs, which makes big spreads even more difficult to cover. If you recall in last year's playoffs, the Hawks were up on New Orleans 16-0 entering the 4th quarter. The Saints scored a TD early in the 4th and got the 2 point conversion to get it to 16-8. Hawks scored with a little over 2 minutes to go to get it to 23-8 before giving up a late TD to make it 23-15. Line in the game? Hawks -9.
  • Options
    Doogles said:

GB is only a 6.5 favorite because the fix is in for Dallas.
    That game comes 100% down to the health of Rodgers ... if he's healthy, I like the Packers to cover. If not healthy, I like taking the points and even think that the Cowboys can come back and win that game.