Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Here's what I'd do re QB

I'm just a fucktard in moms basement with splooge stained sweats on the front and skid marks on the back ... But here's what I do ...

I tell Troy Williams he is a real asset to the program ... The one at Middlebury. And give him a bus ticket and let him know College Doog will meet him when he gets there.

I then tell Jeff Lindstein that he will now be practicing with H backs and tight ends. He can still hold the clip board on the sidelines if he likes to.

It's a 3 horse race with Miley as insurance policy ... Though I probably start him in game 1 so one of the freshmen don't get shell shock from BSU. Then after another shitty performance demote him to #3 QB. Game 2 against Sac State I break in the winner of the Magna Carta - Brownsville competition. I put the future of the program in the hands of these two. We are looking between 5-7 and 7-5 next season so may as well let these two get as much experience as possible.

I sell these two on the fact they are the future. I sell them on the fact that whomever is not the starter is one play away from being the man.

This is how I'd do it.

Now back to jerking off ...

Comments

• Options
    RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    edited January 2015
    Not a bad plan to start Miles week one. If he does well, he keeps the job. He does shitty and a youngster takes over week two for the rest of the shitty non conference. It eases them in and helps them get some confidence.
  • Options
    TierbsHsotBoobsTierbsHsotBoobs Member Posts: 39,680
    Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary
    I told you fuckers last night Miles is starting at Boise.

five reasons
  • Options
    MrsPetersenMrsPetersen Member Posts: 724
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes Name Dropper First Comment
    Pretty sure Troy Williams is already gone per Trevor Walker's Instagram post earlier today... I'm not as smart as @GrundleStiltzkin‌ so I don't know how to post it here
  • Options
    puppylove_sugarsteelpuppylove_sugarsteel Member Posts: 9,133
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker 5 Awesomes

Pretty sure Troy Williams is already gone per Trevor Walker's Instagram post earlier today... I'm not as smart as @GrundleStiltzkin‌ so I don't know how to post it here

Hopefully Walker follows him.
  • Options
    PassionPassion Member Posts: 4,622
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment
    edited January 2015

five reasons

IIRC, you were in the group that thought it was ridiculous to think UW would start a true freshman QB. Not so stupid anymore.
  • Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,726
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    So the 12 games that Miles has stunk up the joint in are worthy of more. But Black Powers one start is enough

• Options
    GrundleStiltzkinGrundleStiltzkin Member Posts: 61,481
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter

Just post the ig url on 1 line into a post. I'd like to see that.
  • Options
    TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,815
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes 5 Fuck Offs
    I'd have liked to see more of Williams ... but it's obvious that he's gone.

What I do know is that from what I've seen from Miles, he just doesn't have IT. Period. Unlike Lindquist who I do think could play another position for us, just not sure Miles could make a position switch and be a successful player. Just don't see the drive in him that you'd want to see.

On a side note, I think it's going to be really interesting to see what happens with John Ross in the offseason. His body language last night was beyond terrible. His best long-term position is DB but it's clear that mentally he isn't on board. From somebody's opinion that I trust that tends to spend time around the players, Ross is a guy that perhaps doesn't have the kind of killer instinct that you'd want to see in guys to be their best. If there was one huge takeaway that you could get from watching the 2nd "The U" movie, it was how so many of their players were driven to be the best that they could be. They were driven to win at a high level. They were driven to win championships. They were driven to be professionals. You don't get to that level by showing up. You get to that level through hard work, dedication, and desire.
  • Options
    AEBAEB Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 2,960
    Founders Club
    Ross isn't OKG?
  • Options
    AtomicDawgAtomicDawg Member Posts: 6,994
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes
    Ross is never going to tackle well. Make him a wr and situational db maybe.
  • Options
    FreeChavezFreeChavez Member Posts: 3,223
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    If i had my choice. Bring in browning and KJ to fight with miles. I don't think miles has what it takes to win the job by any stretch, but he deserves the shot. I think you ask lindy what position he wants to play on the field so he can play. He can still be an emergency QB, but at this point, I think him being a FB or even option at RB, slot or pass catching 2nd TE could be worthwhile. Him holding a clipboard makes no sense.

If miles doesn't win the job you ask him if he wants to be the back up or try and find another position as well. If he doesn't win the job outright he's either leaving the first chance he gets, or he's gonna want to find a spot b/c they will not go back to him unless KJ and browning get hurt.

Troy, wish he would have had a real shot in a game without typhoon conditions, but I do respect the writing has been on the wall at UW if they didn't give him a shot over the miles weiner arm. So best move on to another program and get a fresh start
  • Options
    TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,815
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes 5 Fuck Offs

Not a bad plan to start Miles week one. If he does well, he keeps the job. He does shitty and a youngster takes over week two for the rest of the shitty non conference. It eases them in and helps them get some confidence.

If you don't know that Miles is your QB by the time of the Boise game, then he's not your QB.

Nothing will help to undermine the team as quickly as fucking around with the QB position and not establishing leadership there.

We had zero leadership at the position this year. Who knows if Magna Carta or Browning will be able to step in and show the leadership that allows the players to believe in them. But you saw the results this year of what happens when nobody believes. Get down 2 scores and everybody quits because they know that there's no way that they'd come back in the game.
  • Options
    fivehundredmileDAWGfivehundredmileDAWG Member Posts: 1,210
    Name Dropper 5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment

So the 12 games that Miles has stunk up the joint in are worthy of more. But Black Powers one start is enough

I appreciate the statement and the point ... But there isn't enough quality reps for 5 QBs much less 4 ... Narrow it down to the 3 with the best chance and roll with it.

• Options
    priapismpriapism Member Posts: 2,036
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary Combo Breaker 5 Awesomes
    Troy will be the next N. Montana at some Tulane-type school.
  • Options
    DooglesDoogles Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 12,476
    Swaye's Wigwam
    priapism said:

Troy will be the next N. Montana at some Tulane-type school.

If troy has remote success anywhere im going to be furious.
  • Options
    TierbsHsotBoobsTierbsHsotBoobs Member Posts: 39,680
    Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary
    Passion said:

five reasons

IIRC, you were in the group that thought it was ridiculous to think UW would start a true freshman QB. Not so stupid anymore.
    I would start a true freshman in game one if he was the best guy on the roster.

I'm predicting what Peterman will do, not saying what I would do.
  • Options
    topdawgnctopdawgnc Member Posts: 7,838
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Name Dropper

Passion said:

five reasons

I would start a true freshman in game one if he was the best guy on the roster.

I'm predicting what Peterman will do, not saying what I would do.
    That's what I love about Carroll.

Best player plays, regardless of age or time with team.

Seems Peterman and Willingham put qualifiers above talent.

I'm just going off what I read on boreds, not saying Peterman is like Willingham, don't be a twister.
  • Options
    skookumskookum Member Posts: 447
    First Anniversary Name Dropper 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    If Black Power hops a bus for Alcorn State, better hope the driver runs over Miley. If Miley survives and Coach Peterbust hands him the football it is time to serve up Jonestown Jello in the Zone