Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Jake Browning will play right away.

http://www.sacbee.com/sports/high-school/prep-plus-blog/article4656855.html

This kid that is "More than just a quarterback" will play as soon as he hits campus.

Comments

• Options
    PurpleReignPurpleReign Member Posts: 5,457
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Man I hope so, because Miles just doesnt have it.
  • Options
    H_DH_D Member Posts: 6,098
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    Could it be any worse?
  • Options
    H_DH_D Member Posts: 6,098
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment

And if he DOES NOT, they need to look into getting a new Offensive Coordinator. They may need to anyway. It's not like they don't have players on offense. They have more than enough weapons.

Fucking this!
  • Options
    Smith was brutal this year.
  • Options
    Its their job to put the players in the best position and I really don't think he did that
  • Options
    DooglesDoogles Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 12,478
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    edited January 2015

http://www.sacbee.com/sports/high-school/prep-plus-blog/article4656855.html

This kid that is "More than just a quarterback" will play as soon as he hits campus.

I commented on this after I saw Browning play live. He looked better than what we have, i've seen Cyler live enough, and fully expect JB to be the number 2 at least. I've never seen KJ carter play so i don't know his game, but this is just not going to cut it if we are taking the next step.
  • Options
    dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    I'm not convinced his arm is any stronger than Mileys. He's certainly better at reading defenses, stepping up in the pocket, and basically not being a dumbass though.
  • Options
    AEBAEB Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 2,961
    Founders Club
    He can throw every pass. Have seen Browning throw. He's not Jack Elway but he's not throwing rainbows neither
  • Options
    HeretoBeatmyChestHeretoBeatmyChest Member Posts: 4,295
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment
    Browning isn't playing unless the OL magically is much improved next season.
  • Options
    whatshouldicareaboutwhatshouldicareabout Member Posts: 12,489

Browning isn't playing unless the OL magically is much improved next season.

Have 9 blockers every down and Ross run deep every play.
  • Options
    AtomicDawgAtomicDawg Member Posts: 6,994
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes
    I think kj is going to be the starter. Has a decent arm and is a decent athlete.
  • Options
    DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 60,415
    Founders Club

I think kj is going to be the starter. Has a decent arm and is a decent athlete.

I really think the KJ train is pressing. Admittedly, I have never seen him play and could be completely wrong. As a senior he led an 8-4 team. He played on a run heavy team and barely completed 50% of his passes. Accuracy is the #1 thing Petersen looks for in a QB.

KJCS from Cali and he didn't have one Pac 12 offer until Petersen poached him. The QB picking are slim in December. Everyone talks about how he is Petersen's guy, but how likely is it that Petersen would have chose him the previous Spring? It seems to be basically a shotgun marriage. KJCS was looking for a place to play after Franklin left Vandy and Petersen needed a QB after Greene bolted to USC.

I think it's Miles or Browning. KJCS factors in if the staff wants to redshirt Browning, but Charles and others don't think that happens. We will get a slightly better idea in the Spring.
    These are my thoughts exactly.
  • Options
    edited January 2015

This assumption is made off of miles looking like dawg shit last night and his arm being worthless. I am in no way stating that Magna Carta is going to be any good or is even a PAC 12 level starter. Just that miles made me feel more and more hopeless the longer he played.

Our defense is going to be average at best. Even if miles does start if we drop a few games as soon as the writing is on the wall with the season outlook miles will not be playing much longer. Browning or kj will likely get the reps.

I am also assuming that Williams is going to transfer.
  • Options
    AEBAEB Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 2,961
    Founders Club
    I think the D will be better than expected right now. We lose a lot but the unit will be more balanced. Secondary will be a strength. The LBs (Feeney & Bierra have two spots) and DL (Qualls, Dissley, Mathis lead for 3 spots) will be better than expected...my opinion after watching the progression this year.

OL was in 2014 and will be 2015 a disaster. I do think we'll see improvement as the cascade molehill moves on but it still sets up for a rough go. RB is also a problem that won't be solved until game 6. Warshington is bad. But OL is the biggest issue in my view for the 14th consecutive season running (I'm assuming Browning or Carta take the job).
  • Options
    I don't understand why anyone would assume our secondary is a strength next year. Jones VIII flashed potential and also got beat a decent amount.

Baker got toasted a lot this year and showed improvement as well but i think he is overhyped on this board way too much. We were getting burned all night by two freshman for okie lite.

Our pass rush will not feature kikaha Hudson or shelton next year which on 3rd and long was really hard for any team to deal with this year. Not to mention we won't have a run stuffer like shelton so getting to 3rd and long situations should be a lot tougher.
  • Options
    chuckchuck Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,680
    Swaye's Wigwam
    I can list a few moderately non-fucktarded reasons to believe KJCS COULD be the QB next year. These are reasons I'd expect him to be ahead of Browning and which give him a shot of passing Miles:

1) Athletically similar to Miles, which he'll need to be with the UW O line.
    2) Had a year to grow up and toughen up, which he'll need with the UW O line
    3) Had a year to learn the offense and tighten any issues with his throwing
    4) Has solid arm strength
    5) Is not a dude-brah recruit and is untainted by the Sark QB "system"

None of these are overly compelling, but I won't rule him out. His stats in HS are meaningless. People keep pointing out that Browning's don't mean anything, but then KJCS's get referenced as though they do. Hyphen can run and he can throw, and he's had some time to get coached.

Miles simply is what he is...a potentially solid game manager. He's only a bit above average as a runner and isn't good on the zone read plays. He can win with a good running game and when playing from ahead. You don't always get those luxuries.