Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

UW-Cal game thread

2»

Comments

• Options
    dhdawgdhdawg Member Posts: 13,326
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Winters actually made a shot!
  • Options
    TierbsHsotBoobsTierbsHsotBoobs Member Posts: 39,680
    Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary
    The season is over.
  • Options
    biak1biak1 Member Posts: 3,993
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes

The season is over.

Romar gonna Romar. Sweet 16's are his peak and we'll be lucky to get back there.
  • Options
    FreeChavezFreeChavez Member Posts: 3,223
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    This team will struggle to win 3 games on the road in pac12 play. As long as they can hold serve on home court the ncaa is still within site, however things are not looking great.

We out rebounded a team 42-29 and lost.
  • Options
    dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes

This team will struggle to win 3 games on the road in pac12 play. As long as they can hold serve on home court the ncaa is still within site, however things are not looking great.

We can't shoot. Every game is going to be a struggle.
  • Options
    dnc said:

Moose says we just had an off night season. Shooting 25% from 3 for the year is normal.
  • Options
    dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes

dnc said:

Moose says we just had an off night season. Shooting 25% from 3 for the year is normal.
    lol

i forgot about moose
  • Options
    dnc said:

dnc said:

lol

i forgot about moose
    The only one left on DM.c bball boards. I wonder if that guy has ever taken shit that stunk.

• Options
    RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam

I was thinking 3 road wins was crazy, but after looking at the schedule, you might be correct. I think 4 or 5 is more likely, but 3 could happen. Sunday is a big game. I'm only hoping for a tourney birth. Hopefully we can win a game or two once we get there. We all see this team's limitations. They are one really good player away.

The offense was fairly good against Cal. The defense was not. They hit a couple of tough shots, but they also had way too many open looks and layups. We also need to force more than 4 TO's too.

It wasn't all bad. Rebounding had been an issue, so 42-29 is something to be pleased about. I just wish we escaped with a W It's disappointing, but not a huge deal. A win against Stanford would be big because home games against WSU and the Oregon schools follow. I don't think it's very likely though.
  • Options

I was thinking 3 road wins was crazy, but after looking at the schedule, you might be correct. I think 4 or 5 is more likely, but 3 could happen. Sunday is a big game. I'm only hoping for a tourney birth. Hopefully we can win a game or two once we get there. We all see this team's limitations. They are one really good player away.

The offense was fairly good against Cal. The defense was not. They hit a couple of tough shots, but they also had way too many open looks and layups. We also need to force more than 4 TO's too.

It wasn't all bad. Rebounding had been an issue, so 42-29 is something to be pleased about. I just wish we escaped with a W It's disappointing, but not a huge deal. A win against Stanford would be big because home games against WSU and the Oregon schools follow. I don't think it's very likely though.
    Minor bowls and just happy to make the NCAA tournament.

The Marinerization is complete.
  • Options
    HuskyHalfBrainHuskyHalfBrain Member Posts: 1,160
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment

That would be no bowl games and no march madness.

I can't belive it has been 14 years the last time M's made the postseason.
  • Options

That would be no bowl games and no march madness.

I can't belive it has been 14 years the last time M's made the postseason.
    It's a lot harder to make the MLB playoffs than a bowl game or March Madness.
  • Options

I was thinking 3 road wins was crazy, but after looking at the schedule, you might be correct. I think 4 or 5 is more likely, but 3 could happen. Sunday is a big game. I'm only hoping for a tourney birth. Hopefully we can win a game or two once we get there. We all see this team's limitations. They are one really good player halfway decent coach away.

• Options
    that one stretch to begin the 2nd half when they looked clueless on offense was the killer.
    It certainly isn't as bad a loss as the Stony Fucking Brook embarassment
  • Options
    SevenElevenSevenEleven Member Posts: 318
    dhdawg said:

that one stretch to begin the 2nd half when they looked clueless on offense was the killer.

Moral Victory!!
  • Options
    dhdawg said:

It's a pretty bad loss when you consider the stats, how cal is decimated with players being out, and we're at full strength. You should not get outscored by 11 in the second half when crushing another team in rebounds. 4 TO's is a joke.

In general though, this isn't a game we should expect to win. Cal isn't horrid and we rarely win in the bay. A split would be great, then hold serve at home. That being said, we can not shoot our normal 3-pt % if we're going to only create 4 TO's. It's amazing how inept this team is at shooting
  • Options
    RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam

FO, Boobie. Each year is different. You can't expect a championship with Shawn Kemp Jr, Jarrard Jarreau, and Andrew Andrew Andrews as three of your starters. That is especially true for a Romar coached team.
  • Options

FO, Boobie. Each year is different. You can't expect a championship with Shawn Kemp Jr, Jarrard Jarreau, and Andrew Andrew Andrews as three of your starters. That is especially true for a Romar coached team.
    Making my point for me.