Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

My Initial Take On The NC Game

HFNYHFNY Member Posts: 4,524
First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
Standard Supporter
-Alabama's top 2 LBs got hurt during the game and they were thin to begin with at LB so Ohio State looked better than they should've running the ball, particularly in the 2nd half.

-Landon Collins also hurt his shoulder late in the 2nd quarter and hurt it again in the 2nd half. He wasn't really a factor after he banged it the first time (and went into the locker room).

-Blake Sims was easily the worst QB in the semi-finals.

-Oregon has a great turnover differential and they take care of the ball amazingly well. One can say FSU was extraordinarily sloppy on O but Oregon's offense was as good as it gets in carrying the ball and covering up before contact.

-FSU abandoned the run too early but Meyer won't.

-Don't think I'll try to get too tricky with this one and will probably take Oregon to win (the money line).

-What do others think?

Comments

• Options
    TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,815
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes 5 Fuck Offs
    Oregon -7 ... rather easily
  • Options
    haiehaie Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 20,507
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    There's always a chance Urban pulls this out and outclasses Helfrich and Pellum but Oregon is rolling with almost the same team they've had the last 2 years and the best player on offense. I picked Bama initially but this is Oregon's year.
  • Options
    MeekMeek Member Posts: 7,031
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    Urban will completely confuse Oregon by starting their 5th string quarterback.
  • Options
    Standard Supporter
    That's what I've been thinking. Both teams have a week and a half to prepare for each other and Meyer (and Saban) is one of the best in the biz. He's 8-2 in bowl games and 2-0 in NC games.

RE: betting, that's what worries me somewhat about the spread...even though he has a 3rd string QB, he's such an fantastic coach that it could come down to the last possession or two where Oregon squeaks it out because they have Mariota and Meyer has his 3rd choice behind center.
    haie said:

There's always a chance Urban pulls this out and outclasses Helfrich and Pellum but Oregon is rolling with almost the same team they've had the last 2 years and the best player on offense. I picked Bama initially but this is Oregon's year.

• Options
    TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,815
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes 5 Fuck Offs
    The only two bets to me are Oregon -7 or Ohio State on the money line. Oregon's not winning a 1 score game.
  • Options
    PurpleThrobberPurpleThrobber Member Posts: 41,868
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    HFNY said:

-Alabama's top 2 LBs got hurt during the game and they were thin to begin with at LB so Ohio State looked better than they should've running the ball, particularly in the 2nd half.

-Landon Collins also hurt his shoulder late in the 2nd quarter and hurt it again in the 2nd half. He wasn't really a factor after he banged it the first time (and went into the locker room).

-What do others think?

Ohio State's top 2 QB's didn't play.

• Options
    Standard Supporter
    Last time they played in the NC (and they also played a spread-option team like Ohio State in Auburn), the line was also a one score game and they lost by one score.

Tequilla said:

The only two bets to me are Oregon -7 or Ohio State on the money line. Oregon's not winning a 1 score game.

• Options
    dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    PurpleJ said:

I'm just looking forward to watching Mariota's knee explode into a bloody pulp on live TV.

Ohio State 66
    Oregon 0

Says the guy who pimped the Eagles and Bama all season. Right now you're worse than a DJ official game thread.

Congrats on your first natty, ducks
  • Options
    PurpleJPurpleJ Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 36,533
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    dnc said:

PurpleJ said:

I'm just looking forward to watching Mariota's knee explode into a bloody pulp on live TV.

Ohio State 66
    Oregon 0

Says the guy who pimped the Eagles and Bama all season. Right now you're worse than a DJ official game thread.

Congrats on your first natty, ducks
    I pimped the 49ers all last season. I'm surprised you're surprised.
  • Options
    IrishDuck22IrishDuck22 Member Posts: 17
    First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Testing 1
    edited January 2015
    After WE win the Natty, there will be no comparison when it comes to overall program success. This current run will top anything ever produced by the Doogfather.

#MyDucks
  • Options
    topdawgnctopdawgnc Member Posts: 7,838
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Name Dropper
    Oregon has the talent.

tOSU has the brains.

I take talent on this one ... tOSU will be overwhelmed with speed.
  • Options
    Mosster47Mosster47 Member Posts: 6,246
    It will be close at the half. Oregon's depth and precision opens it up in the second half.

Slingblade gets an extension and a raise, but we have to fire him after the 2017 season.
  • Options
    TierbsHsotBoobsTierbsHsotBoobs Member Posts: 39,680
    Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary
    Mosster47 said:

It will be close at the half. Oregon's depth and precision opens it up in the second half.

Slingblade gets an extension and a raise, but we have to fire him after the 2017 season.

The parallels between Chizik and Helfrich are real.
  • Options

Mosster47 said:

The parallels between Chizik, Coker and Helfrich are real.
  • Options
    TierbsHsotBoobsTierbsHsotBoobs Member Posts: 39,680
    Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary
    topdawgnc said:

Mosster47 said:

The parallels between Chizik, Carr, Coker and Helfrich are real.
  • Options
    edited January 2015

The parallels between Chizik, Carr, Coker, Miles, and Helfrich are real.

• Options
    AZDuckAZDuck Member Posts: 15,381
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Answer
    el oh fucking el.

Who is Helfrich's Malzahn?
  • Options
    mobeymobey Member Posts: 3,254
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment
    Meyers is going to out coach slingblade; tOSU will keep Whoregon's offense off the field; Ohio St wins.

• Options
    HuskyHalfBrainHuskyHalfBrain Member Posts: 1,160