Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Kim has some new inside information

After tOSU's win yesterday Kim let it slip that Todd Turner interviewed Urban Meyer for the UW job but picked Ty instead. Even Bleenor, TerryDell and those other fucknuts said "I've never heard this before".

Kim must be really well connected to have such secret information.

Comments

• Options
    MisterEmMisterEm Member Posts: 6,685
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    The delusion of grandeur is still strong in Kimmy.
  • Options
    sarktasticsarktastic Member Posts: 9,208
    5 Awesomes Photogenic First Anniversary Name Dropper
    ... and he still doesn't.
  • Options
    AtomicDawgAtomicDawg Member Posts: 6,985
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes
    Someone needs to tell urban Meyer that this isn't the mwc any more and he is rubbing people the wrong way.
  • Options
    AZDuckAZDuck Member Posts: 15,381
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Answer
    MWC coaches don't succeed at the higher level. Ain't no church school
  • Options
    sarktasticsarktastic Member Posts: 9,208
    5 Awesomes Photogenic First Anniversary Name Dropper
    ... and Urban Meyer is a quitter, too. Maybe this is his secret to success?
  • Options
    CokeGreaterThanPepsiCokeGreaterThanPepsi Member Posts: 7,646
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker
    Kim would have hated the hire.
  • Options
    TTJTTJ Member Posts: 4,795
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment

After tOSU's win yesterday Kim let it slip that Todd Turner interviewed Urban Meyer for the UW job but picked Ty instead. Even Bleenor, TerryDell and those other fucknuts said "I've never heard this before".

So even late in the '08 season, while even dm.c was finally going all Profiles-in-Courage, and while Urban's Gators were closing in on another BCS title, Kim saw no reason to comment on this ironic little bit of intel? Maybe it slipped his mind.

Imagine how MarkTawd would have reacted to one of Urban's players tweeting this:
    Why should we have to go to class if we came here to play FOOTBALL," Jones wrote. "We ain't come to play SCHOOL classes are POINTLESS.
  • Options
    topdawgnctopdawgnc Member Posts: 7,838
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Name Dropper
    TTJ said:

So even late in the '08 season, while even dm.c was finally going all Profiles-in-Courage, and while Urban's Gators were closing in on another BCS title, Kim saw no reason to comment on this ironic little bit of intel? Maybe it slipped his mind.

Imagine how MarkTawd would have reacted to one of Urban's players tweeting this:
    Why should we have to go to class if we came here to play FOOTBALL," Jones wrote. "We ain't come to play SCHOOL classes are POINTLESS.
    In 2011 Fetters actually did break the news.

Other names tied to the coaching search through media reports include former Seattle Seahawk and current Minnesota Vikings Head Coach Mike Tice, Fresno State Head Coach Pat Hill, current Pittsburgh Head Coach Walt Harris. Cal Head Coach Jeff Tedford was called, but he accepted a pay increase to continue coaching the Golden Bears. Former Utah Head Coach Urban Meyer was also called but decided to coach at Florida instead.

washington.scout.com/story/329126-uw-s-turner-talks-about-transition
  • Options
    dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes

It's been out there for a long time. Bleenor knew he was going to forget that Tawdy interviewed Urban Legend before the interview ever happened.

• Options
    creepycougcreepycoug Member Posts: 22,746
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Photogenic
    topdawgnc said:

I, like Race, had heard that as well.

sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=1913963

Turner refused to discuss potential candidates.

Some names that have been mentioned include California coach Jeff Tedford, New England Patriots offensive coordinator Charlie Weis, Utah's Urban Meyer, Boise State's Dan Hawkins and Missouri's Gary Pinkel.

From Bleacher Report ...

In 2005 the Huskies hired the recently fired Tyrone Willingham to ‘clean up’ the program. Willingham wasn’t the first person they went to, reports are they talked to Urban Meyer who had no interest in the job, but was a favorite of Athletic Director Todd Turner.

With Urban saying Todd is weird I imagine it went like this:

Todd - We aren't as concerned with winning as much as we are with the educational experience.

Urban - Fuck off.

This. I don't know shit and I have zero "inside" connections to anything, but even I know that Turner doesn't turn down Urban for Ty. NFW