Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

wouldn't you like to see a 'new years 6' playoff now?

Id like to see TCU play again (and get beat by a pac12 te a m). Id love to see tOSU play Georgia tech or Boise St. Its going to happen soon. Prolly after next year when a qualified conference champion like a pac12 team gets left out of the playoffs for TCU or ND.

If the last spot comes down to the big12 or pac12, NO FUCKING WAY the big12 gets left out again. Its a very real concern and bullshit for whatever champ gets left out. (Likely the ACC but not with ND's affiliation, they'd for sure get the nod)

File this away, thats my 1st new years prediction.

Comments

• Options
    GrundleStiltzkinGrundleStiltzkin Member Posts: 61,481
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter
    No, I wouldn't.
  • Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,462
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Maybe the Pac12 should beat Boise before they worry about TCU
  • Options
    LaZorisLaZoris Member Posts: 1,628
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Standard Supporter
    edited January 2015

Id like to see TCU play again (and get beat by a pac12 te a m). Id love to see tOSU play Georgia tech or Boise St. Its going to happen soon. Prolly after next year when a qualified conference champion like a pac12 team gets left out of the playoffs for TCU or ND.

If the last spot comes down to the big12 or pac12, NO FUCKING WAY the big12 gets left out again. Its a very real concern and bullshit for whatever champ gets left out. (Likely the ACC but not with ND's affiliation, they'd for sure get the nod)

Please give me any fucking proof that the playoff is going to change after next year... Espn will hype the SEC every year. Big12 needs a champ game. Jesus...chug a pint of booze with your meds before posting next time...
  • Options
    whatshouldicareaboutwhatshouldicareabout Member Posts: 12,451

ESPN has an exclusive TV contract for the entire College Football Playoffs until 2025.
  • Options
    JaWarrenJaHookerJaWarrenJaHooker Member Posts: 1,981
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    Were in a 4 team playoff for the foreseeable future, just pretend the regular season is the playoffs too. And you should all go fuck yourselves. Happy new year
  • Options
    DooglesDoogles Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 12,476
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Now that there is a proven outsider in TCU, It would be interesting to see how the final four seeds would be awarded after bowl season.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Doogles said:

Now that there is a proven outsider in TCU, It would be interesting to see how the final four seeds would be awarded after bowl season.

Since the SEC sucks what did TCU prove? Has another Big 12 team won?

Using the SEC criteria here nobody deserves anything because every league sucks
  • Options
    DooglesDoogles Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 12,476
    Swaye's Wigwam

Doogles said:

When did I say the SEC sucks? They sure as hell were way overrated all year. If you considered the bowl season as just an extension of the regular season, TCU would deserve a spot in the final four.

There's no ignoring the inflated rankings of the SEC is due to their incestuous leap frogging. If you can't see that, smoke more weed, the glycoma is winning.
  • Options
    RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam

Doogles said:

Sorebutthole.gif
  • Options
    BallSackedBallSacked Member Posts: 3,279
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary Name Dropper First Comment
    edited January 2015

Doogles said:

That's the criteria you have used all season on other conferences? What's changed now that the sec is having a plunger-fest? Moving the goal poasts.

sandyvag.mp3
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    It sure sounds like you guys are saying the SEC sucks even as you deny it. You want it both ways. You measure your inferior leagues against them because you know they are the best. You can't over rate the best. They're the best.

Doogs hate winners. Always have
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam

It sure sounds like you guys are saying the SEC sucks even as you deny it. You want it both ways. You measure your inferior leagues against them because you know they are the best. You can't over rate the best. They're the best.

Pressing. Some of us just knew the Mississippi schools sucked while you were busy sucking them off and pretending they were good.

I fully agreed the SEC was the best conference and has been for awhile. The championships and NFL players tell it all. It's nothing like it was three or four years ago. Some of us seemed to be able to realize that a lot sooner than you. Take your lumps when you are wrong.
  • Options
    edited January 2015

Dementia 1 Race Bannon 0

Ironically you want it both ways. Every and any loss by someone means the entire conference is dreck, has all year. Except now when it's the SEC it's hating. I think people are pointing this out to you. Old miserable fucks hate logic.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam

Pressing. Some of us just knew the Mississippi schools sucked while you were busy sucking them off and pretending they were good.

I fully agreed the SEC was the best conference and has been for awhile. The championships and NFL players tell it all. It's nothing like it was three or four years ago. Some of us seemed to be able to realize that a lot sooner than you. Take your lumps when you are wrong.
    You're not the only poster here. And it's still the best. So back to my question who has TCU beat and who has the Big 12 beat to show they deserved anything?

Sven and I both said the ACC was at least the 2nd best conference. All the PAC12 Doogs had a fit.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam

Dementia 1 Race Bannon 0

Ironically you want it both ways. Every and any loss by someone means the entire conference is dreck, has all year. Except now when it's the SEC it's hating. I think people are pointing this out to you. Old miserable fucks hate logic.
    I've made a reasoned argument against the Pac12 that is coming to pass as we speak. As usual I'm right and the haters are gonna hate.

Same as it ever was.

I also had Ohio State in weeks before they got there. I knew the ACC was good.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    edited January 2015

You're not the only poster here. And it's still the best. So back to my question who has TCU beat and who has the Big 12 beat to show they deserved anything?

Sven and I both said the ACC was at least the 2nd best conference. All the PAC12 Doogs had a fit.
    I agree about TCU. I think they are probably a top 4 team, but the Big 12 was almost as bad as the Big 10 and they beat nobody.

ACC is looking pretty good with a chance to take the crown with Florida State. My only argument is that it is very top heavy. I think the Pac 12 has more depth. An example is a mid tier team like Stanford is better than Duke and probably Louisville.

Other than a couple extremists, most recognize how good the SEC has been in recent years before this year.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam

I agree about TCU. I think they are probably a top 4 team, but the Big 12 was almost as bad as the Big 10 and they beat nobody.

ACC is looking pretty good with a chance to take the crown with Florida State. My only argument is that it is very top heavy. I think the Pac 12 has more depth. An example is a mid tier team like Stanford is better than Duke and probably Louisville.

Other than a couple extremists, most recognize how good the SEC has been in recent years before this year.
    I think that's an any given Saturday type of deal.ASU played Duke and it was tough. It's the internet and it's a fun argument

At the end of the day only one team matters and we do it again this fall

• Options

Dementia 1 Race Bannon 0

I've made a reasoned argument against the Pac12 that is coming to pass as we speak. As usual I'm right and the haters are gonna hate.

Same as it ever was.

I also had Ohio State in weeks before they got there. I knew the ACC was good.
    Retirement home. Race. Belongs.
  • Options
    Fire_Marshall_BillFire_Marshall_Bill Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 22,861
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club
    edited January 2015
    Nobody is saying the SEC sucks. It's had some great teams. If Miami and Penn State joined a conference in the 80s, that conference would have been considered grearIt's the people who say six SEC teams could beat the best team from the Big Ten or any other conference that need help.