Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

White Guilt (Macklemore Edition)

RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
Swaye's Wigwam
http://www.rollingstone.com/music/videos/macklemore-race-white-privilege-thrift-shop-backlash-interview-20141230

Fuck Macklemore. What a pussy. It's a shame he's from Seattle. Rap music is pop now anyways. Jay-Z is a proud, former crack dealer widely accepted by white America. Michael Jackson was the biggest star of the 80's.

He's not famous because he's white. He's famous because people, especially kids, enjoy listening to shitty music.

Comments

• Options
    ThomasFremontThomasFremont Member Posts: 13,325
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes

http://www.rollingstone.com/music/videos/macklemore-race-white-privilege-thrift-shop-backlash-interview-20141230

Fuck Macklemore. What a pussy. It's a shame he's from Seattle. Rap music is pop now anyways. Jay-Z is a proud, former crack dealer widely accepted by white America. Michael Jackson was the biggest star of the 80's.

He's not famous because he's white. He's famous because people, especially kids, enjoy listening to shitty music.

I'd argue that Jay-Z and guys like Snoop Dogg are the exception, not the rule. They've softened in their older age.

When they were dropping Reasonable Doubt and Doggy Style, white America (suburban house wives) weren't buying in. Or did so reluctantly/unknowingly.

He's a bit delusional if he thinks that's why he's successful. But it doesn't hurt. He appears harmless compared to a gangster rapper. Eminem can rap about murdering his wife, raping his mom, hating fags, etc. and be labeled "controversial" while selling millions of records. But Ice T writes Cop Killer and he's labeled a criminal, with nowhere near the commercial success. Like other gangster rappers, he's okay now that he has softened his image.

His point on success based on race isn't without some merit. Especially when you consider the fact that he sucks compared to the rappers listed previously.
  • Options
    CuntWaffleCuntWaffle Member Posts: 22,493
    First Anniversary 5 Fuck Offs 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    I'm so fucking sick of this fag. It is fitting he is from Seattle.
  • Options
    ThomasFremontThomasFremont Member Posts: 13,325
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes

I'd argue that Jay-Z and guys like Snoop Dogg are the exception, not the rule. They've softened in their older age.

When they were dropping Reasonable Doubt and Doggy Style, white America (suburban house wives) weren't buying in. Or did so reluctantly/unknowingly.

He's a bit delusional if he thinks that's why he's successful. But it doesn't hurt. He appears harmless compared to a gangster rapper. Eminem can rap about murdering his wife, raping his mom, hating fags, etc. and be labeled "controversial" while selling millions of records. But Ice T writes Cop Killer and he's labeled a criminal, with nowhere near the commercial success. Like other gangster rappers, he's okay now that he has softened his image.

His point on success based on race isn't without some merit. Especially when you consider the fact that he sucks compared to the rappers listed previously.
    Good points, but it's hardly even rap. It certainly isn't gangster rap. Macklemore is a pop star. He's famous because Thrift Shop was a hit. Then he had a few othe songs that were radio hits, including one about gay marriage.
    When he first blew up, I thought it was cool that an underground Seattle rapper "made it". He is actually a decent rapper. But you're right. This album isn't rap. It's pop with well timed social issue content.

The sad thing is that he isn't even the best rapper from Seattle. But 2 white guys are way more marketable than a Filipino guy and a middle eastern guy.
    Blue Scholars? I'm not as in tune with Seattle rap anymore.

I remember Macklemore years before he was famous because of a cousin of mine. I had no idea Thrift Shop was him until long after it was out.
    Yup. They're the best IMHO.

A few others from around here have signed with mid-level labels. But none have had the commercial success Macklemore has. And he's probably the worst of the bunch.
  • Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,726
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    The latest craze in victomhood is cultural appropriation. All the cool kids are talking about it now. White folks aren't supposed to be good at anything that is "Black Culture".

I'm just glad Obama has healed our racial divide
  • Options
    dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614

The latest craze in victomhood is cultural appropriation. All the cool kids are talking about it now. White folks aren't supposed to be good at anything that is "Black Culture".

I'm just glad Obama has healed our racial divide

Check your privilege
  • Options
    SwayeSwaye Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 41,067
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club
    Macklemore is just another white devil to me. You people all look the same.

• Options
    SwayeSwaye Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 41,067
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club
    I actually wasted some more of my life and read the article. What a sissy faggot. That guy needs to get hit by a napalm truck.
  • Options
    creepycougcreepycoug Member Posts: 22,749
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Photogenic
  • Options
    creepycougcreepycoug Member Posts: 22,749
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Photogenic
    the only thing I got out of that was the WGU online degree program. maybe I can finally go to college and then find an online law school so I can graduate from pretend lawyer to $60K a year lawyer. that would be so fucking awesome.
  • Options
    whatshouldicareaboutwhatshouldicareabout Member Posts: 12,476

the only thing I got out of that was the WGU online degree program. maybe I can finally go to college and then find an online law school so I can graduate from pretend lawyer to $60K a year lawyer. that would be so fucking awesome.

We should all become lawyers. Imagine what HH would be like.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kmY56Q1Gx-Q
  • Options
    H_DH_D Member Posts: 6,098
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment

We should all become lawyers. Imagine what HH would be like.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kmY56Q1Gx-Q
    Can lawyers still wear this?