Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Unofficial TCU v Ole Miss in Tequilla's Rice Bowl thread

12346»

Comments

• Options
    GladstoneGladstone Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 16,417
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club
    ESPNs impact player for ole miss has 1 reception for 11 yards.

Maybe they were referring to the impact he made when he hit the ground
  • Options
    FreeChavezFreeChavez Member Posts: 3,223
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    Does a team and their idiot fan base really feel better about themselves by not getting shutout vs that 3 points which the refs(and Patterson) gifted them? In a close game that would be reviewed and given back to tcu
  • Options
    FreeChavezFreeChavez Member Posts: 3,223
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    Let's see a reverse or something just to fuck with ole miss
  • Options
    TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,815
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes 5 Fuck Offs
    Patterson will never do ...

$$$ day with TCU and the Under ...

#MyFrogs

#FearTheFrog
  • Options
    dhdawgdhdawg Member Posts: 13,326
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    TCU would've given Bama a much more competitive game (and maybe beaten them) than tOSU will
  • Options
    LoneStarDawgLoneStarDawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 13,119
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club
    Tequilla said:

Baylor doesn't have to lose to prove the point ...

I always said Big 12 >>> Big 10

I thought that TCU was the better team than Baylor, but would have supported Baylor ahead of Ohio State.

I expect Baylor to offer a similar plungering tomorrow

the difference is that if baylor delivers a plunger, they will be throwing around asterisk natty so hard we'll think it's 2002. those fags will always popoff more than they've accomplished, and piss and moan when everyone wont join them. green and yellow is a fucking disease.

• Options

Tequilla said:

Tequilla said:

EwaDawg said:

Tequilla said:

I always said Big 12 >>> Big 10

Bragging about being wrong all the time?

Big 10 >>>>>>> Big 12.

If the girls' school conference adds a championship game they would become more equal.

Seriously, they are chicken sh!t. They had the chance to join a real conference but chose to be Texas' ugly fucking step daughters.

No one from that girlee conference deserves anything more than what they got.

Hell, the MWC and WAC have bigger testicles than the fucking Big 12 ADs and Presidents.

The Big 12 has for the last 10 years been right w the PAC as the 2nd best conference ...

Lots of good football traditionally played in this conference.
    It's normally a very good conference. Not this year though. It needs a stronger Texas and Oklahoma to get respect.
    That's absolute BS - ranks right up there w saying that the PAC sucks bc SC sucks.

Guess the PAC will suck as long as Seven is at SC
    Oklahoma Stanford - worst season since Stoops Shaw has been coach.

Texas USC - 2nd 3rd worst season since 2001

Oklahoma State Washington - worst conference season since 2006 2009.

Texas Texh Oregon State has completely fallen off the map. Iowa State Washington State has gone from .500 to absolute dreck. Yeah, the Big 12 Pac 12 is great.

When three of the top schools in the Conference are having historically bad seasons, your conference sucks. It's been a terrible year for the Big 12 Pac 12. Arguing otherwise is FS. You are only disagreeing because you are a Froog quoook.
    Fixed that for you and for Oregon apologists.
  • Options

Pretty big difference Tequilla. Nice try though.

I fail to see the difference.

You're trying to use a tired argument to fit your pre-determined and biased position.

Oklahoma went into the year as a Top 5 team and a legit National Title Contender. That they had a bad year was Bob Stoops FS fault? Or is he still a good coach? Or was it the lack of QB they got at times? And if so, why is that a valid excuse for Stoops but not for Petersen in what he had with Miles (who was far less experienced than Trevor Knight)?

Nobody expected Texas to be good this year as they were in a transition year under a new coach. Once Ash retired due to concussions it didn't take a rocket scientist to figure out that Texas was going to struggle a bit. Defensively, they were still a very good team.

Okie Lite was in a transition year after a number of graduations and on top of that went through a number of different QBs.

Tech's probably the most legit argument that you threw out there - they fell on their ass. Citing Iowa State is just flat out FS ... they're a non-factor.

Baylor's been playing at a high level going on 4-5 seasons now. What they did this year isn't anything new or a surprise. They'll probably take a bit of a step back next year but they'll still be a very good team.

Before the season, I said that TCU was a legit conference championship team and many laughed at me for saying so. Who's laughing now?

If you want to sit there and say that TCU isn't as good as many other teams because of what they do on the field, then I'm fine with that. I'll disagree with you ... but whatever. But if you're going to discredit them because of their conference ... and in particular the unspoken argument that goes along with it (Big 10 >>> Big 12), then I'm going to fucking disagree every single day of the week. That hasn't been a true statement for many years. It isn't a true statement this year.

Before today, Ole Miss lost 2 games on the season by a total of 7 points. They beat the #1 team in the country. The most points they gave up in a game all year was 35 points to Auburn. They held every other opponent on the year to 20 points or less. They lost by 39 points to TCU. They gave up 42 points to TCU. TCU treated them like they were Okie Lite (at least Okie Lite only lost 42-9).

At some point, it's ok to say that it just might be possible that TCU was better than you thought. It also might be possible after Ohio State gets their ass kicked tomorrow that maybe, just maybe, the Selection Committee played politics on the Selection Day and put in the big money blue blood of Ohio State over the more deserving teams from the Big 12. Ohio State's got no choice tomorrow but to win the game to save the face of the Big 10 going forward.
  • Options
    AZDuckAZDuck Member Posts: 15,381
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Answer
    Everything Tequilla says is pretty much true, but there were more Buckeyes fans in the street shots during game breaks and halftime than there are TCU fans. Money talks
  • Options
    AZDuck said:

Everything Tequilla says is pretty much true, but there were more Buckeyes fans in the street shots during game breaks and halftime than there are TCU fans. Money talks

I get that and I get that that's how the system works with the way it is set up.

4 teams is stupid because one of the conferences would have gotten screwed with the champion (and that assumes that you don't have a ND or non Power 5 team that is worthy). 6 is a perfect number to me because the conference champs get in and it takes care of a situation where you have a clear team that belongs in the playoff picture but wouldn't have an auto bid. Take 6 teams this year and there's really no debate.

My favorite argument though that I've heard is that the Big 12 got shitted on because of the lack of conference title game. That's absolute BS. They play 9 conference games - only the PAC does that of the Power 5 conferences. If the Big 12 petitioned for a conference title game before the season they would have never seen that approved. Is the conference title game that important to the point that the Big 12 should just open the gates to bring on 2 dreck teams that water down their conference, schedule, etc.

I'm not saying that TCU would have won the National Title this year ... but anybody that thinks at this point that they weren't one of the Top 4 teams in the country probably needs to go get laser eye surgery.
  • Options
    Pretty sure I never said UW was going to win the conference this year

Pretty sure I also said that if TCU was going to win the conference, they would need good QB play. Only difference between this year and last 2 years has been QB play.

You confuse being a homer w being an optimist