Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

A quick ""SEC is overrated" update...

Comments

• TommySQCTommySQC Member Posts: 5,813
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes

TommySQC said:

I'm not comparing Roy with....I dunno....East Queen Anne but it's not Selma Alabama. I've been to the south many time and those fucking people still think it's 1960. Backwards mother fuckers.

What the fuck's wrong with 1960? That was a good year. We won the Todd Turner national championship.
    It's embarrassing but I think it has had the desired effect. I know many people who firmly believe UW has 2 NC's.

• Fire_Marshall_BillFire_Marshall_Bill Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 22,713
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club
    Well UW should have won one in '84...
  • HillsboroDuckHillsboroDuck Member Posts: 9,186
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker

aTm OOC:
    Rice
    Sam Houston St.
    SMU
    UTEP

Repeat 13 x

Fuck. The. S E C

I like to talk shit about other teams for scheduling when the Huskies play a trucking college, a 2-10 B1G team, and the biggest fucking pile of fucking dreckfest the Big Sky has to offer.

I do that.
    I also like to cherry pick one team from a conference as evidence of weak conference scheduling. I like to disregard that: Alabama plays Va Tech, LSU plays TCU, Georgia plays Clemson, Florida plays Miami AND Florida State (the Gators believe in a life of abundance), Tennessee plays wHoregon (ROFTLMAO), South Carolina plays UNC, and Ole Miss plays Texas.
    Lol, it's most teams.

TCU is a middling big 12 team. NC is a .500 Acc team. Miami is too nowadays.The SEC rarely leaves the south and they load up on cupcakes like Troy and directional schools. I've followed this trend for seven or eight years. It's nothing new.
    This is true. The SEC schedules the weakest non conference schedules year in and year out of any conference. It's not particularly close.

Of course, that doesn't change the fact that the SEC is the best conference year in and year out. The two aren't mutually exclusive.

Abundance.

• TierbsHsotBoobsTierbsHsotBoobs Member Posts: 39,680
    Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary

Worst SEC in a decade > every other conference.

So ignant slappy. The east cost media has got to you too. Georgia is preseason ranked #5. The bulldoogs will start 0-2 (ill check back in Sept 15. Just another example of idiots and biased fucktards pumping up an inferior team with 11 new starters on defense. I'd like to see BSU beat the shit out of them again...they would

OSU could walk through the SEC east unscathed; that's how down that half of the league is. The west has 2 teams. I'm embarrassed by what this conference is going to put on the field this year, and still claims to be the superior conference.

Mike Riley would find a way to fuck it up and lose 4 games like he does every fucking year.

The SEC has won the last 7 national titles. They typically post the best bowl record, OOC record vs major opponents, most NFL draft picks, etc.

Saying the SEC as a whole is overrated is stupid. Sure there are a few teams in that conference that could be but the facts are the SEC still owns the nation.

Better coaches, better fans, better players, better football programs. SEC is the king of college football.
    The SEC East is way better than the Pac 12 South. Georgia, South Carolina, and Florida would all be the preseason favorite if they were in the Pac 12 South.
  • RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    edited August 2013

Worst SEC in a decade > every other conference.

So ignant slappy. The east cost media has got to you too. Georgia is preseason ranked #5. The bulldoogs will start 0-2 (ill check back in Sept 15. Just another example of idiots and biased fucktards pumping up an inferior team with 11 new starters on defense. I'd like to see BSU beat the shit out of them again...they would

OSU could walk through the SEC east unscathed; that's how down that half of the league is. The west has 2 teams. I'm embarrassed by what this conference is going to put on the field this year, and still claims to be the superior conference.

Mike Riley would find a way to fuck it up and lose 4 games like he does every fucking year.

The SEC has won the last 7 national titles. They typically post the best bowl record, OOC record vs major opponents, most NFL draft picks, etc.

Saying the SEC as a whole is overrated is stupid. Sure there are a few teams in that conference that could be but the facts are the SEC still owns the nation.

Better coaches, better fans, better players, better football programs. SEC is the king of college football.
    The SEC East is way better than the Pac 12 South. Georgia, South Carolina, and Florida would all be the preseason favorite if they were in the Pac 12 South.

Disagree with the rewrites. They would have a chance to win the Pac 12 North, but Oregon and Stanford are top 5 teams in most preseason polls, and I think they are equal or better than those teams from the SEC.

When has Oregon or Stanford beaten a top end SEC team? Until they prove it on the field, I'm not buying it.
  • aTm OOC:
    Rice
    Sam Houston St.
    SMU
    UTEP

Repeat 13 x

Fuck. The. S E C

I like to talk shit about other teams for scheduling when the Huskies play a trucking college, a 2-10 B1G team, and the biggest fucking pile of fucking dreckfest the Big Sky has to offer.

I do that.
    I also like to cherry pick one team from a conference as evidence of weak conference scheduling. I like to disregard that: Alabama plays Va Tech, LSU plays TCU, Georgia plays Clemson, Florida plays Miami AND Florida State (the Gators believe in a life of abundance), Tennessee plays wHoregon (ROFTLMAO), South Carolina plays UNC, and Ole Miss plays Texas.
    Lol, it's most teams.

TCU is a middling big 12 team. NC is a .500 Acc team. Miami is too nowadays.The SEC rarely leaves the south and they load up on cupcakes like Troy and directional schools. I've followed this trend for seven or eight years. It's nothing new.
    This is true. The SEC schedules the weakest non conference schedules year in and year out of any conference. It's not particularly close.

Of course, that doesn't change the fact that the SEC is the best conference year in and year out. The two aren't mutually exclusive.

Abundance.

so fucking got
  • My 'Cocks are going to make it 8 in a row bitches
  • RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam

When has Oregon or Stanford beaten a top end SEC team? Until they prove it on the field, I'm not buying it.

Fair point, but SEC East teams mentioned are not as good as Alabama or the LSU team from two years ago that stomped Oregon. That Steel even entertains the idea of the Pac 12 as being even remotely as good as the SEC proves he's a moron.

The SEC has Alabama who is head and shoulders above any Pac 12 team, and then about 5 other teams that are as good as Oregon and Stanford. I could see Oregon or Stanford beating some of those teams in a home game.

• TheKobeStopperTheKobeStopper Member Posts: 5,959
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment First Anniversary

aTm OOC:
    Rice
    Sam Houston St.
    SMU
    UTEP

Repeat 13 x

Fuck. The. S E C

I do that.
    Lol, it's most teams.

Silly.

You cherry pick out the 3 teams that aren't heavyweights while ignoring that the SEC ooc schedule includes teams ranked 3rd, 8th, 12th and 15th. And whether TCU is middling or not they're ranked 20th in the preseason and Mississippi State plays number 14 Oklahoma State. That's 6 match ups against preseason top 20 teams. There's only 14 non SEC teams in the top 20. Not sure what else they can do.

And of course they don't leave the south. There are a bunch of teams to play there. The Pac-12 doesn't get some fucking merit badge for leaving the west coast. There's nobody to play ooc here. They have to leave. If you think for 1 second PAC-12 teams would leave their region if they didnt have to you're insane.
  • PurpleJPurpleJ Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 36,375
    Swaye's Wigwam
    9-1 as a conference in BCS title games. 5 different winners. Only one other conference even has more than one winner.

I know, I know....They aren't good "top to bottom", but I don't judge a conference by it's shitty/mediocre teams.
  • greenbloodgreenblood Member Posts: 14,272
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment Combo Breaker
    PurpleJ said:

9-1 as a conference in BCS title games. 5 different winners. Only one other conference even has more than one winner.

I know, I know....They aren't good "top to bottom", but I don't judge a conference by it's shitty/mediocre teams.

However, I would take Missouri, Kentucky, Tennessee, Ole Miss or Vanderbilt over Colorado and WSU in a New York minute.
  • BAMAdawg10BAMAdawg10 Member Posts: 145
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment

aTm OOC:
    Rice
    Sam Houston St.
    SMU
    UTEP

Repeat 13 x

Fuck. The. S E C

I do that.
    Lol, it's most teams.

The SEC currently is playing OOC against 7 (Oregon, Clemson, Louisville, FSU, Oklahoma St, Texas, & middling TCU) teams ranked in the top 25. Miami is on the cusp of being ranked, as is Virginia Tech. Preseason rankings may not mean a whole hell of a lot, but it sure doesn't seem like they're loading up on cupcakes. They play some bad teams for sure, but what BCS school isn't? And it's not like we can talk shit about it because we play fucking Idaho State and Illinois.

When have they played a team from the SEC East? None of those teams are Bammer, or LSU. With no Tebow or Urban, I don't imagine they will be anytime soon.

When have they played a team from the SEC East? None of those teams are Bammer, or LSU. With no Tebow or Urban, I don't imagine they will be anytime soon.

Oregon played LSU in 2010 or 2011, can't remember which.

I forgot LSU was in the SEC East that year.

PurpleJ said:

However, I would take Missouri, Kentucky, Tennessee, Ole Miss or Vanderbilt over Colorado and WSU in a New York minute.
    Ole Miss and Vandy were better than Washington last year.

PurpleJ said:

Ole Miss has a better recruiting class coming in than us too. They'll be a force for awhile.

PurpleJ said:

Ole Miss has a better recruiting class coming in than us too. They'll be a force for awhile.

Ole Miss local knowledge superiority guy.

I forgot LSU was in the SEC East that year.

There's something about responding to your posts that makes me go full retard. Maybe I need to step back from the computer for a while.