Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Tuesday interviews [Premium Caple Content]

Video: WR Kasen Williams, WR Jaydon Mickens

Uncomfortable one with KG asking the questions of Kasen Williams. ¿da fuq?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UEHxGju2Zuw

QB Jeff Lindquist trying to ‘be the best Jeff that I can be’
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H6MzsVuU7uY
(What did you learn this year?) “Just getting comfortable with the system has been a big part of it. In games you get to see how plays and stuff actually work out against real defenses, in terms of a game setting. I guess just a lot of watching, a lot of learning. I don’t really have a perfect answer for it, but it’s just been a lot of good experience and good learning.”

(Anything specifically that was difficult to adjust to?) “I don’t think one part in particular. It’s probably just a thing of getting comfortable with it. The whole team has gotten a lot better with that.”
Huskies OC Jonathan Smith talks Oklahoma State, Cyler Miles and more
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zAVSjILLVi4
(On Cyler Miles’ last few games) “I think his comfort level has gotten there. I think we continue to feel like we know him better, what he likes to do better and have tried to stick to that stuff. I do think he’s played better the last three games. That’s what our goal going in the whole time was We thought early on it wasn’t just going to be flawless, because of all the time he’s missed. So we wanted to play our best ball at the end of the year, and hopefully we can continue that.”

(Young guys standing out?) “I think K.J.’s taken advantage of all these reps he’s done. K.J. Carta-Samuels has done really well at making some plays. Some of those o-linemen, Boomer (Jesse Sosebee), have done a good job up front, turns, making the pile move. We’re excited about his bright future. Drew Sample has made some things happen at tight end. These reps are invaluable. Those three guys stand out to me.”

(On recruiting John Ross back to offense this offseason) “We’re putting strategy together on how that’s going to work. We’re going to present. It’s almost like he’s going to be a free agent. He’s going to be like LeBron James. He’s going to come in and hear from us. Then he’s going to hear from the defensive side. Then Coach Pete will come in and tell him what he’s got to do (laughs).”

(Cage match with Pete Kwiatkowski, then?) “Not with him. I’m not going with P.K. (laughs). Not a cage match, no. But we’ll figure out some strategy.”

(On Jeff Lindquist handling backup QB role) “Done great with it. Really a good team player. Not only just playing the backup quarterback role, but also has done some stuff on special teams now. Always been in it. Always been ready. We’ve done some small things with him as packages, because he’s been such a good teammate and stayed so involved and dialed in. he watches a ton of film. He’s an awesome kid. He’s a big part of our team.”