Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Speaking of RBs

HFNYHFNY Member Posts: 4,524
First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
Standard Supporter
Putting the whole Callier debate aside, D. Washington started reminding me of Chris Warren Sr. when KB was talking about working on his running style. Sure the last 3 teams we played mostly sucked but the trend is good. Either way 2015 will be interesting:

seattletimes.com/html/huskyfootball/2025347831_uwfootball31xml.html

And Chris Warren Sr. in these few boner-inducing Seahawk clips from back in the day:

https://youtube.com/watch?v=XcZZlMKL5xw

Comments

• Options
    SpoonieLuvSpoonieLuv Member Posts: 5,437
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker
    edited December 2014
  • Options
    Dennis_DeYoungDennis_DeYoung Member Posts: 14,754
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    Chris Warren was legit. It was sad he played on shit teams, because the dude was fantastic.
  • Options
    BallSackedBallSacked Member Posts: 3,279
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary Name Dropper First Comment
    I was doing some TBS and read that Chris Warren Jr weighed in at 6'2" 240 pounds at the Army All American Bowl registrarion yesterday.

That is a gigantic RB even by NFL standards, let alone high school senior. Could be a better Mike LB at that size.
  • Options
    RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam

I was doing some TBS and read that Chris Warren Jr weighed in at 6'2" 240 pounds at the Army All American Bowl registrarion yesterday.

That is a gigantic RB even by NFL standards, let alone high school senior. Could be a better Mike LB at that size.

He looked kind of lumbering to me. What's he run? I doubt it's any better than 4.7. I have some concern he is simply too big for high schoolers, but it won't translate into domination in college.
  • Options
    kh83kh83 Member Posts: 596
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment Name Dropper
    Ron Dayne and his pile of money think otherwise
  • Options
    DooglesDoogles Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 12,475
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam

He looked kind of lumbering to me. What's he run? I doubt it's any better than 4.7. I have some concern he is simply too big for high schoolers, but it won't translate into domination in college.
    I usually agree about being skeptical when a kid is a big body dominating little kids, but my general rule is if the papa was a star in the NFL there is a decent chance his gene pool contains a little something extra that makes him special. If his name was Johnny Kirton I'd be a little more concerned.
  • Options
    HuskyJWHuskyJW Guest, Member Posts: 14,183
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Doogles said:

I usually agree about being skeptical when a kid is a big body dominating little kids, but my general rule is if the papa was a star in the NFL there is a decent chance his gene pool contains a little something extra that makes him special. If his name was Johnny Kirton I'd be a little more concerned.
    If you are going to make fun of the Pain Train then I am out!
  • Options
    bananasnblondesbananasnblondes Member Posts: 14,911
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter
    It will be interesting to see who emerges as our rb next year. I hate the 3-man platoon thing.

Dwayne W. Had some good games against shitty defenses but is still boom or bust. When he's not ripping off a 50 yard open field run, he's getting stopped behind the line of scrimmage and still looks like a WR playing RB. His field vision is terrible. There were numerous times last year where he has a space the size of the grand canyon if he cuts left. Instead he cuts right and runs into the entire defense.

Lavon C. looks like a true RB and has some moves but when he's in, the play looks like it's going in slow motion. He honestly looks like the slowest man on the field when he has the ball.

Cooper is a nice story but his injuries have left him as a guy who is mediocre at everything.

RB is not usually a position where you get better with age. If a guy is gonna be a star, you can tell in his 2nd year in the program.

Hopefully we get Warren or Gaskin surprises people. There's also that 150 lb. rs freshman but our current RBs aren't scaring anyone.