Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

OFFICIAL Stanford v Maryland Game Thread

Comments

• BallSackedBallSacked Member Posts: 3,279
    edited December 2014
    Stanford has another year of high level play in them, especially if Hogan returns (Grantland said he may leave). Right now they would be my pick for Pac12 North favorites next year. That vaunted 2012 OL class is just now seeing the field en mase, McCaffery is the great white hope, and they still have some great players on D.

Their only road games next year are Northwestern, Beavers, Buffaloes, Coogs and Trojans.

They were 2 or 3 fucktarded plays away from 10-2 as opposed to 7-5. Realistically Stanford should have been 10-2 and Az should have 7-5. Both found themselves on opposite ends of lady luck.
  • Sundevil76Sundevil76 Member Posts: 109
    edited December 2014
    No RoadDawg, they were not the same team ASU lost to last year twice badly but dominated in Tempe this season. The Big Ten is bad even though the Trees got it together against the bRuins. Mora's boys were a flakey team and hot and cold all season. Shaw can coach but neither team in LA has anything other than an average coach at best with elite talent that makes them winners. It showed in what Stanford did to them when UCLA needed it big time. Maryland is a horrible defense playing against an average offense.
  • PurpleJPurpleJ Member Posts: 37,083 Founders Club

H_D said:

LOL @ Maryland.

Who picked these guys to win?

Wouldn't be surprised if @PurpleJ did.
    I didn't include this game in da pick'em.

Something about a dreckfest...
  • Postal91Postal91 Member Posts: 1,810
    Love how this is practically a home game for Snodfart and the stadium is empty. Sad.
  • PurpleBazePurpleBaze Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 29,802 Founders Club
    Postal91 said:

Love how this is practically a home game for Snodfart and the stadium is empty. Sad.

How's that any different from their regular season home games?
  • GrundleStiltzkinGrundleStiltzkin Member Posts: 61,493 Standard Supporter

Postal91 said:

It's a circle, you see.
  • H_DH_D Member Posts: 6,098

Postal91 said:

It's a circlejerk, you see.
    FIFY
  • HuskyInAZHuskyInAZ Member Posts: 1,732

Stanford has improved the last couple of games but the big ten and the ACC are terrible accept for Florida State and maybe Ohio State that I think might end up getting curb stomped by the Tide. If you need any evidence how bad the Big Ten is and what a cream puff schedule the Buckeyes have this is the type of teams they beat. The Pirate would have won seven or eight games in either conference but ESPN will keep promoting them and the Michigan man.

Now you're going a bit overboard, don't ya think?
  • BallSackedBallSacked Member Posts: 3,279
    HuskyInAZ said:

Montgomery out.

Lock of the bowl season imo, take Maryland and the 14 points

Maryland is terrible. I'd take the 14. Stanford played better without Montegomery because ShawFS used McCaffrey more and didn't throw screens and reverses.
    What are your picks for the weekend? You seem to be really dialed in.
    FSU +8. That line is just now dropping from 9.5. I really don't get how anyone sees Oregon as 10'pts clear of FSU, especially now with Ekpre out, and I think some FSU players are healthy again. I think Ducks are more likely to win, but that duck defense will give up a lot of points.

I also think it's a lock Bama blows out Ohio State and their 3rd string QB. I'd lay the 9points there.

I think both Az(-3) and UCLA (-1.5) are upset prone. I think I like UW to cover, but really haven't seen much of Okie state.
    Gotta be a violation.
  • Mad_SonMad_Son Member Posts: 10,173
    McCaffery's stupid jump was pathetic.
    Mad_Son said:

McCaffery's stupid jump was pathetic.

Change his number to 75(k)
  • H_DH_D Member Posts: 6,098
    Houhusky said:

Mccaffrery reminds me of a young danny woodhead or wes welker, real lunch pail type player, smart, total gym rat. The kind of guy you really want Damones daughter to fuck in the bathroom at a rave

If he was more edgy (and couldn't get positive yardage) he'd be Mickens.
  • whatshouldicareaboutwhatshouldicareabout Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 12,721 Swaye's Wigwam

Montgomery out.

Lock of the bowl season imo, take Maryland and the 14 points

bump
  • RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member Posts: 30,123

Stanford has another year of high level play in them, especially if Hogan returns (Grantland said he may leave). Right now they would be my pick for Pac12 North favorites next year. That vaunted 2012 OL class is just now seeing the field en mase, McCaffery is the great white hope, and they still have some great players on D.

Their only road games next year are Northwestern, Beavers, Buffaloes, Coogs and Trojans.

They were 2 or 3 fucktarded plays away from 10-2 as opposed to 7-5. Realistically Stanford should have been 10-2 and Az should have 7-5. Both found themselves on opposite ends of lady luck.

Dialed in. They have some guys to replace on defense, but a much improved offense should mask some of that. They should still be one of the better defenses in the PAC 12. I haven't bought into the thought they are slipping. It was one down season and their preseason ranking was FS. What team loses 4 OL, one of the best players in the Pac 12 (Murphy), Skov, Gardner, and expects to be better? The same fucks at ESPN that ranked Stanford top 10 are the ones that say the SEC has 3 of the top 4 teams.
  • SonnyShackelfordSonnyShackelford Member Posts: 951
    @RoadDawg55‌ had this one dialed in. Kudos

Mccaffrey is very impressive