Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Earl Thomas

2»

Comments

• Fire_Marshall_BillFire_Marshall_Bill Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 22,713
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club
    edited December 2014

Great player. Probably the best safety in the league. He's one of my least favorite Seahawks. I'm not really feeling the new persona of non stop mugging for the cameras.

I haven't noticed him doing that, maybe he did it once, and I saw 11 games this year, plus some preseason.

He's a real gym rat like others have alluded too.

There's a funny web commercial with an aftershave robot interviewing him (not going to give the product FREE PUB though). Most of you can figure it out. His greedy agent might be in his ear about mugging for the camera and building his "brand" ($75k). I just haven't noticed it much.
  • Fire_Marshall_BillFire_Marshall_Bill Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 22,713
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club

Great player. Probably the best safety in the league. He's one of my least favorite Seahawks. I'm not really feeling the new persona of non stop mugging for the cameras.

Sounds like something grandma FMB would say.

Congrats.
    The obsession continues
  • DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 59,702
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club

But how is he better than Taylor Mays??????

I wonder if Mays is still butthurt about Earl getting picked over him? I had a college buddy who went to O'Dea who nailed the Mays evaluation. He was friends with Mays too, but said he was stiff and really overrated at USC.
    To his credit, I believe Mr. Chris Fetters had Mays pegged as overrated.
  • RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    My moment when I realized Fetters was an idiot was in 2005 or 2006. Some poster asked who the best player he saw was. Was it Jonathon Stewart, EJ Savanah, Hasty, Locker, Taylor Mays?

Fetters names some kid playing 1A football who played QB, RB, MLB, Safety, DE, and he punted, kicked, and returned kicks. So posters ask where he's going and Fetters says Central has sniffed around.
  • MisterEmMisterEm Member Posts: 6,685
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment

My moment when I realized Fetters was an idiot was in 2005 or 2006. Some poster asked who the best player he saw was. Was it Jonathon Stewart, EJ Savanah, Hasty, Locker, Taylor Mays?

Fetters names some kid playing 1A football who played QB, RB, MLB, Safety, DE, and he punted, kicked, and returned kicks. So posters ask where he's going and Fetters says Central Middlebury has sniffed around.

• RavennaDawgRavennaDawg Member Posts: 846
    Name Dropper Photogenic 5 Awesomes First Anniversary
    Tequilla said:

It reminded me of that World Series ALDS play from 2001 where the throw from the outfield to the plate was off target and Derek Jeter swooped in to snare the ball and flip it to the catcher for the out.

Wow. Must have been really memorable.

Like people who talk about how much they remember Largent's hit on Smith Atwater Braxton Harden.

And the Yankees do not get the out of Giambi slides.