Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

ASU

Comments

• Options
    puppylove_sugarsteelpuppylove_sugarsteel Member Posts: 9,133
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker 5 Awesomes
    Puppy has never made a stupid post, and id agree if I ever did
  • Options
    ThomasFremontThomasFremont Member Posts: 13,325
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes

Disagree.

2x.
  • Options
    HeretoBeatmyChestHeretoBeatmyChest Member Posts: 4,295
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment
    I'm a bit biased because I hate ASU but they are no sleeping giant. They've won 1 major bowl game in the last 40 years. Graham has proven to be a very good coach but I doubt he stays there beyond 3-4 more years and he could have to replace his OC at some point. If you break it down, the offense not the defense is where they've been really good and really outperformed the talent level.

While talent is increasing in Arizona, neither school is keeping enough talent in state. Most people who live there are transplants or old people and have few ties to the region. Also, I don't think the weather is an advantage from a football standpoint. Practicing and training in 90 degree weather most of the year is a bitch. These reasons are why both schools fail to keep most of the talent in state, even when they are doing well like now. The vast majority of top 10 recruits last year left the state.

I think both programs will continue to do well but they aren't destination jobs.
  • Options
    TierbsHsotBoobsTierbsHsotBoobs Member Posts: 39,680
    Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary

It looks like Graham isn't going anywhere for the time being.

This really annoying Duck who lived in Phoenix for a year or two used to talk about their wasted potential a few years ago and I sort of agreed with him. That's a relatively large metro area. There are always slutty girls a stone's throw away. The academic standards aren't high. They can plug in JUCO guys. SoCal (recruits) are close, and Texas isn't real far away.

With Graham and Sark at the Condoms, they can probably be a force for a few years. I'm not saying they'll be Oregon south (vomit at giving Oregon that kind of credit) or SC during their top years, but I see them being a consistent top 25 team who can win 8-11 regular season games and maybe get lucky and get to the RB one year. It doesn't seem like they'll fade away and go 5-7 for two years like they usually do. Graham isn't going to let that happen.

Good post Billy but we've been saying the same sleeping giant bullshit about ASU since 1987. Yet they are good enough for a rose bowl every 4 or 5 years. I suspect more of the same. Especially now that the pac12 is so damn deep. Its a deeper conference t han the 14-team SEC, not good for a dynasty in the desert. Shit they arent even the best team in their own state.

The Pac-12 had ONE team finish with less than three losses. This ain't a deep conference, it's Oregon and the 11 dwarves.
  • Options

This really annoying Duck who lived in Phoenix for a year or two used to talk about their wasted potential a few years ago and I sort of agreed with him. That's a relatively large metro area. There are always slutty girls a stone's throw away. The academic standards aren't high. They can plug in JUCO guys. SoCal (recruits) are close, and Texas isn't real far away.

With Graham and Sark at the Condoms, they can probably be a force for a few years. I'm not saying they'll be Oregon south (vomit at giving Oregon that kind of credit) or SC during their top years, but I see them being a consistent top 25 team who can win 8-11 regular season games and maybe get lucky and get to the RB one year. It doesn't seem like they'll fade away and go 5-7 for two years like they usually do. Graham isn't going to let that happen.

Good post Billy but we've been saying the same sleeping giant bullshit about ASU since 1987. Yet they are good enough for a rose bowl every 4 or 5 years. I suspect more of the same. Especially now that the pac12 is so damn deep. Its a deeper conference t han the 14-team SEC, not good for a dynasty in the desert. Shit they arent even the best team in their own state.

1986 and 1996 = every 5 years

The Pac 12 is deep? Seriously? It's one team
    Haven't made the Rose Bowl in 18 years = good enough for a Rose Bowl every 4 or 5 years.

PL_SSFS
  • Options
    BallSackedBallSacked Member Posts: 3,279
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary Name Dropper First Comment

The Pac-12 had ONE team finish with less than three losses. This ain't a deep conference, it's Oregon and the 11 dwarves.
    Pretty fucktarded argument there. SEC had a WHOPPING two teams with less than 3 losses, and they have two more teams in their league and play one less Conference game.

SEC is better than the Pac12, enough said on that. But Pac12 clearly 2nd best conference in the country and its not really close.
  • Options

Pretty fucktarded argument there. SEC had a WHOPPING two teams with less than 3 losses, and they have two more teams in their league and play one less Conference game.

SEC is better than the Pac12, enough said on that. But Pac12 clearly 2nd best conference in the country and its not really close.
    The XII had two teams finish with one loss and they all played nine conference games.

They are clearly better than the Pac-12:
    http://www.usatoday.com/sports/ncaaf/sagarin/2014/conference/ (do the math on the two Pac-12 divisions)
  • Options
    I'm not sure if your eyes as good as mine.

Your link shows the Pac12 South as a better conference than Big12.
  • Options

Yes, but the Pac-12 as a whole is worse than the Big 12.

Math is hard.
  • Options
    edited December 2014
    I guess it is when you are trying to argue 2 is easier than 4.
  • Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,429
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam

So you're saying the Pac 6 of the Pac 12 is better than the Big 10 of the Big 12?
  • Options
    PostGameOrangeSlicesPostGameOrangeSlices Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 24,581
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club

Yes, but the Pac-12 as a whole is worse than the Big 12.
    No
  • Options

So you're saying the Pac 6 of the Pac 12 is better than the Big 10 of the Big 12?
    I'm saying that link doesnt support that the big12 is better than the pac12. Because 1) Stats are for losers. And 2) Half of the conference in his link is two spots better than the big12, and the other half is two spots worse.

But he says math is hard, so maybe he really means it? I'm honestly not sure.

• Options
    PostGameOrangeSlicesPostGameOrangeSlices Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 24,581
    Founders Club

Sounds like PLSS has multiple personalities and they're both pretty fucking stupid.

Why do you hate his brother?
  • Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,429
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam

I'm saying that link doesnt support that the big12 is better than the pac12. Because 1) Stats are for losers. And 2) Half of the conference in his link is two spots better than the big12, and the other half is two spots worse.

But he says math is hard, so maybe he really means it? I'm honestly not sure.

That was my attempt at math humor

There is nothing funny about math I guess
  • Options
    RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    If nice weather and sluts is a player's priorities, UCLA and USC are superior. LA isn't a desert and has just as many, if not more sluts. Arizona is a fucking armpit.
  • Options
    Fire_Marshall_BillFire_Marshall_Bill Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 22,861
    Founders Club
    edited December 2014

They aren't going to become what USC was, but with Graham there, they can be pretty consistent which they haven't been since the 70s and some of the 80s. Of course, he has a history of fleeing to better jobs, but he did contribute a lot of money to their stadium renovation. I don't really like them, but if it's between ASU and Oregon, Kal, WSU, and Oregon St., I'll take the team that's a few states away and isn't an annoying upstart who never did shit before the 90s.
  • Options
    dtddtd Member Posts: 4,061
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter

I don't really get the sleeping giant stuff with ASU.

There are 2 giants, 1 sleeping, in the Pac-12 south, and they're both in LA.