Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Federal government paid half the cost of the stadium? Staff?

MikeDamoneMikeDamone Member Posts: 37,781
edited August 2013 in Tug Tavern
Douglas Stedtfeld 2 hours ago

As it turns out, Federal taxpayers "donated" $154 million to renovate the University of Washington's stadium in Seattle. So, the way I see it, it is just as much a Bronco stadium as it is a Husky stadium since we ALL helped build it. Here's to making it a home game. GO BRONCOS!

Comments

• MikeDamoneMikeDamone Member Posts: 37,781
    edited August 2013
    PurpleJ said:
    Holy Agenda Crapoli!!

So tax free munis and charitable gifts means the federal government is funding 154 million? Good Christ.

Lets see...I want to invest in munis, but in the past UW hasn't had a stadium to rebuild so I said fuck it and just put the money in taxable investments. And I was was going to give to charity, but in the past uw wasn't building a stadium so I just kept the money and paid taxes.

I'm convinced 90% of the population is dumb as a bag of hammers. "think of all homeless that 154 million could have helped!!!"
  • TierbsHsotBoobsTierbsHsotBoobs Member Posts: 39,680

PurpleJ said:
    Holy Agenda Crapoli!!

So tax free munis and charitable gifts means the federal government is funding 154 million? Good Christ.

It's true in a sense (the Feds aren't getting that $154 million after all), but it's a huge exaggeration.

The Donkey (lol) should just settle for seeing him and 25,000 of his friends in blue on that day.
  • PurpleJPurpleJ Member Posts: 36,789

PurpleJ said:
    Holy Agenda Crapoli!!

Lets see...I want to invest in munis, but in the past UW hasn't had a stadium to rebuild so I said fuck it and just put the money in taxable investments. And I was was going to give to charity, but in the past uw wasn't building a stadium so I just kept the money and paid taxes.

I'm convinced 90% of the population is dumb as a bag of hammers. "think of all homeless that 154 million could have helped!!!"
    They don't teach economics in high school and most people don't take it in college.

I'm sure those same people will defend all the tribal subsidies, because that is the right thing to do. Right?

PurpleJ said:
    Holy Agenda Crapoli!!

It's true in a sense (the Feds aren't getting that $154 million after all), but it's a huge exaggeration.

The Donkey (lol) should just settle for seeing him and 25,000 of his friends in blue on that day.
    It's not true in any sense.

Money flowing to municipal binds and charity will flow regardless whether or not the stadium is being built. It's like saying specific person selling his hi e is costing the government money because the buyer will deduct the interest. Ignoring the fact that the buyer is buying a house, no matter who is selling.
    PurpleJ said:

PurpleJ said:
    Holy Agenda Crapoli!!

They don't teach economics in high school and most people don't take it in college.

I'm sure those same people will defend all the tribal subsidies, because that is the right thing to do. Right?
    People hate war and support the troops.
  • CFetters_Nacho_LoverCFetters_Nacho_Lover Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 29,854 Founders Club

PurpleJ said:
    Holy Agenda Crapoli!!

One of my favorite white guilt lines! Most of the homeless are homeless because they're they're batshit fucking crazy. There's not a lot help to give those fucks.