Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Okie's vs. UW in Vegas Game Thread

12345679»

Comments

• Options
    bananasnblondesbananasnblondes Member Posts: 14,911
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter
    Gladstone said:

Gladstone said:

dnc said:

Really solid non conference resume they've put together.

yep

and go back and look at P1. several people predicted an Oklahoma victory. no one would have thought we'd be 10-0 at this point. fucking awesome.
    Why do you hate irishdawg and whatever's left of his nuts?
    That dog's dick is creeping me out
  • Options
    dhdawgdhdawg Member Posts: 13,326
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    They'll be top 10 Monday, I see them as a 4-5 seed come march
  • Options
    GladstoneGladstone Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 16,417
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club
    dhdawg said:

Not sure if there's been an awesome win yet
    But 3 quality wins for sure: Utep SDSU and now Okie

Collectively, awesome.
  • Options
    TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,815
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes 5 Fuck Offs
    Many of your eyes aren't as good as mine or Grandpa Sankey's ...

Those that think that Oklahoma isn't a good team are full of BS ... they have warts. However, they can really shoot the ball, Hield is one of the better players in the nation, Spangler creates matchup problems as a big that has range to play the screen/roll game, and general length. That being said, their defense can wane a bit depending on how their offense goes. When they aren't hitting their shots their defense suffers ... when they are their energy level goes up.

I saw a lot of people be critical of NWG ... I didn't see that. Oklahoma did a good job of switching most screens and clogging the paint to take away his floaters. I thought he played a reasonable floor game. It's a fair critique of the team to say that if we're not getting a lot of point production from NWG that that could be a problem for us. Good to see us get a win tonight without it - although he made a few key shots down the stretch.

Here's the thing with Upshaw and those saying that he didn't play a good/great game tonight. He was reasonably ok on offense tonight - could have finished a few of his touches around the rim with more emphasis. He altered some shots and got a few blocks - but defensively he wasn't the presence that we've seen in other games. He's great playing the center of a zone. He has issues though moving his feet and having to defend other bigs that have ball skills and mobility (like Spangler). Not the worst thing in the world - but something that we need to work against.

We saw the bad Andrews tonight. It's part of the give/take that you have with him.

JJ had a really nice game tonight in hitting the 17 foot jumper (was given to him most of the night) as well as standing up Thomas on his drives to the basket. We don't win tonight without JJ.

There's nothing with this team that will ever be easy. The guys that can shoot (Dorsey) tend to be guys that can't play the defense that we need. Even tonight, with everything going against us, we made stops coming down the stretch to find a way to pull out the win.
  • Options
    GladstoneGladstone Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 16,417
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club
    Just noticed Tulane is 10-1, not necessarily the super pushover we may have thought.
  • Options
    Gladstone said:

Just noticed Tulane is 10-1, not necessarily the super pushover we may have thought.

I heard that Phil Bleenor reported that before you did ... perhaps you should invest in better sources?
  • Options
    JaWarrenJaHookerJaWarrenJaHooker Member Posts: 1,981
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    JJ hitting that jumper will be nice going forward

AA is AA. I don't hate. When he's on things are fun. Compare him to a more aggressive, don't give a fuck Dentmon.

This team can still improve drastically. I'm still lukewarm on rhythm and chemistry they've shown thus far.

NWG is easily the most important part of this team. If he keeps improving so will the team
  • Options
    The chemistry is definitely there ... even the guys on the bench are plugged into the game and into hard work by their teammates (particularly on the defensive end).
  • Options
    dhdawgdhdawg Member Posts: 13,326
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Gladstone said:

They've played nobody, a bad Wake team blew them off the court and they barely beat a 2-10 Jackson State team.
    Add in the travel and there's no excuse not to beat them by 15
  • Options
    JaWarrenJaHookerJaWarrenJaHooker Member Posts: 1,981
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    It doesn't look smooth enough for me yet. Maybe I'm nitpicking
  • Options
    d2dd2d Member Posts: 3,109
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Tequilla said:

Many of your eyes aren't as good as mine or Grandpa Sankey's ...

Those that think that Oklahoma isn't a good team are full of BS ... they have warts. However, they can really shoot the ball, Hield is one of the better players in the nation, Spangler creates matchup problems as a big that has range to play the screen/roll game, and general length. That being said, their defense can wane a bit depending on how their offense goes. When they aren't hitting their shots their defense suffers ... when they are their energy level goes up.

I saw a lot of people be critical of NWG ... I didn't see that. Oklahoma did a good job of switching most screens and clogging the paint to take away his floaters. I thought he played a reasonable floor game. It's a fair critique of the team to say that if we're not getting a lot of point production from NWG that that could be a problem for us. Good to see us get a win tonight without it - although he made a few key shots down the stretch.

Here's the thing with Upshaw and those saying that he didn't play a good/great game tonight. He was reasonably ok on offense tonight - could have finished a few of his touches around the rim with more emphasis. He altered some shots and got a few blocks - but defensively he wasn't the presence that we've seen in other games. He's great playing the center of a zone. He has issues though moving his feet and having to defend other bigs that have ball skills and mobility (like Spangler). Not the worst thing in the world - but something that we need to work against.

We saw the bad Andrews tonight. It's part of the give/take that you have with him.

JJ had a really nice game tonight in hitting the 17 foot jumper (was given to him most of the night) as well as standing up Thomas on his drives to the basket. We don't win tonight without JJ.

There's nothing with this team that will ever be easy. The guys that can shoot (Dorsey) tend to be guys that can't play the defense that we need. Even tonight, with everything going against us, we made stops coming down the stretch to find a way to pull out the win.

But what about the uniforms?