Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Comments

• Options
    no_uhno_uh Member Posts: 760
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    edited December 2014
    Meyer gives the Buckeyes a better chance to beat the Crimson Tide than anyone else in the playoff.
    Disagree.
  • Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,449
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    I think Jimbo Fisher is under rated
  • Options
    SwayeSwaye Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 41,064
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club
    This is all going to be funny if Slingblade pops off.
  • Options
    DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 60,116
    Founders Club
    Jimbo Fisher has never had to play a ranked Oregon State.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    He had to play a ranked Duke
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam

A case could be made that Urban Meyer is better than Saban. They are the two best coaches and nobody else is even close.

That's why I wanted this match up. Urban is very close to Saban
  • Options
    doogsinparadisedoogsinparadise Member Posts: 9,320
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary Name Dropper
    edited December 2014
    Urban won at a higher level at Florida than Saban at LSU, but Nick just has an absolute animal work ethic and ability to deal with the stress. If Urbs stays at Florida, they probably win another one and the program doesn't go in the shit. And you have to account for Saban's failure at Miami.
  • Options
    VegasdawgVegasdawg Member Posts: 370
    First Anniversary Photogenic Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes
    edited December 2014
    So the fact they have top recruiting year in and year out has nothing to do with it? Which position of the field will they be manning? What's their 40 times?
  • Options
    RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam

Urban won at a higher level at Florida than Saban at LSU, but Nick just has an absolute animal work ethic and ability to deal with the stress. If Urbs stays at Florida, they probably win another one and the program doesn't go in the shit. And you have to account for Saban's failure at Miami.

If Ohio State wasn't on probation in 2012, they would have beaten Notre Dame in the title game. Urban Meyer would be tied with Saban having three titles each.

Nick Saban didn't win 10 games until his fifth year as a head coach. Urban Meyer went undefeated and won a BCS Bowl game with Utah in year 4 after two successful seasons at Bowling Green. Urban Meyer hasn't lost a regular season Big 10 game since he became coach at Ohio State.
  • Options
    HeretoBeatmyChestHeretoBeatmyChest Member Posts: 4,295
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment
    I think Meyer is the best coach in the country. He has now, at 4 different stops immediately improved the situation and in each case taken that program to a very high level.

I'm just speculating here but it seems that Saban's guys at Alabama have been very high draft picks. He may have been working with better pro talent than Meyer. Obviously both are two of the best coaches of all time but I think Meyer is tops in college.