Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Comments

• Options
    PostGameOrangeSlicesPostGameOrangeSlices Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 24,582
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club

“I don’t think it’s always about taking every five-star you can get your hands on,” Sarkisian said. “I think there’s something to be said about a two- or three-star who comes in with a chip on his shoulder and has something to prove as well.”

The fact that he actually uses the bolded terms above to describe players says all you need to know about Steve Sarkisian... My word.

Yup.

Peterman pretty much said, "star rankings are fucking stupid."
  • Options
    BennyBeaverBennyBeaver Member Posts: 13,333
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    What? is he supposed to call them "diamonds in the ruff?"
  • Options
    CuntWaffleCuntWaffle Member Posts: 22,493
    First Anniversary 5 Fuck Offs 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Sark is a paper recruiter and Petersen is a player recruiter.
  • Options
    CuntWaffleCuntWaffle Member Posts: 22,493
    First Anniversary 5 Fuck Offs 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    TheGlove said:

What? is he supposed to call them "diamonds in the ruff?"

More along the lines of not sounding like he is playing a video game.
  • Options
    MikeDamoneMikeDamone Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 37,781
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam

“I don’t think it’s always about taking every five-star you can get your hands on,” Sarkisian said. “I think there’s something to be said about a two- or three-star who comes in with a chip on his shoulder and has something to prove as well.”

The fact that he actually uses the bolded terms above to describe players says all you need to know about Steve Sarkisian... My word.

You mean like Scooby Wright ;) <----------------------
  • Options
    BayDawgBayDawg Member Posts: 1,623
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Name Dropper
    Sarks science of recruiting:

1. Go thru scout.com ratings
    2. Make contact with highly rated guys
    3. Dont evaluate mid level guys film, that would interfere with partying time
    4. Get in top 5 of big time guys, all the while knowing you have no shot but its great pub
    5. Miss on those guys and panic offer guys that you didnt evaluate properly
    6. ???????
    7. Profit
  • Options
    PurpleJPurpleJ Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 36,543
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam

Next up, his treatise on "The Science of Coaching".

Roster Management 301: Burning Redshirts in Meaningless Games
  • Options
    2001400ex2001400ex Member Posts: 29,457
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    BayDawg said:

Sarks science of recruiting:

1. Go thru scout.com ratings
    2. Make contact with highly rated guys
    3. Dont evaluate mid level guys film, that would interfere with partying time
    4. Get in top 5 of big time guys, all the while knowing you have no shot but its great pub
    5. Miss on those guys and panic offer guys that you didnt evaluate properly
    6. ???????
    7. Profit

This. I always thought sark was lazy as fuck and recruited from scout.com and not from film. I also think dawgman fucks pumped up ratings of UW recruits.
  • Options
    chuckchuck Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,630
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam

It's funny how I, as a TBS follower, feel somehow guilty paying attention and referring to star rankings. This idiot frat boy doesn't even get it after all this time. He doesn't even think of or refer to them as people. He should at least know enough by now to pretend.
  • Options
    Dick_BDick_B Member Posts: 1,301
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment Testing 1
    PurpleJ said:

Next up, his treatise on "The Science of Coaching".

Roster Management 301: Burning Redshirts in Meaningless Games
    Suddenly Senior: how to run off kids other coaches could win with.

• Options
    dtddtd Member Posts: 4,075
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter

Yup.

Except they aren't, not even close.
  • Options
    PostGameOrangeSlicesPostGameOrangeSlices Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 24,582
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club
    dtd said:

Yup.

Except they aren't, not even close.
    Thanks for the input, Kim
  • Options
    2001400ex2001400ex Member Posts: 29,457
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    chuck said:

It's funny how I, as a TBS follower, feel somehow guilty paying attention and referring to star rankings. This idiot frat boy doesn't even get it after all this time. He doesn't even think of or refer to them as people. He should at least know enough by now to pretend.
    Even tho star rankings and not always right, they are something to go by. It's similar concept to where a player is drafted in the NFL. Russell Wilson would have been a low ranked 4 star and Sherman would have been a low ranked 3 star. Yet on the field they played like 5 star Earl Thomas.

While some are bullshit, some are spot on. And regardless, over time with equal coaching, the 3.7 average star of USC is going to have more talent than the 3.2 average at UW.
  • Options
    MisterEmMisterEm Member Posts: 6,685
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    Star rankings are on par with Steve Pool's weather forecast accuracy