Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Working Theory on Recruiting as it Stands

Jusstis Warren was originally going to announce his decision, obviously he decided to announce today, basically 3 weeks before the date he set.

I believe the numbers are now starting to get very tight for UW. They probably have a few guys they know they are going to get. With Warren on board they are at 20 now. I would be surprised if they take over 25. Still out there who we have a shot at: Joyner, Potoae, Chris Warren, Tevis Bartlett.

There are probably some other players I am forgetting now, regardless, this class is getting close to finished and I believe they are going to close strong.

Comments

• Options
    bananasnblondesbananasnblondes Member Posts: 14,921
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter
    I think this offer was as much about Petersen starting an early pipeline to Lincoln as it is about getting a player. The way things are trending and with the moves Kitna is making (bringing back Tacoma district middle school football, donating a ton of money to Lincoln), Lincoln is on its way to being the dominant program in the south sound much like Lakes was for many years, and Curtis and Puyallup before them.

Sark tried something similar with Skyline by giving Pelleur's kid a scholarship offer at the last minute. Unfortunately, most coaches and players up here saw what a retard Sark was and didn't want to be coached by him
  • Options
    FremontTrollFremontTroll Member Posts: 4,717
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment

I think this offer was as much about Petersen starting an early pipeline to Lincoln as it is about getting a player. The way things are trending and with the moves Kitna is making (bringing back Tacoma district middle school football, donating a ton of money to Lincoln), Lincoln is on its way to being the dominant program in the south sound much like Lakes was for many years, and Curtis and Puyallup before them.

Sark tried something similar with Skyline by giving Pelleur's kid a scholarship offer at the last minute. Unfortunately, most coaches and players up here saw what a retard Sark was and didn't want to be coached by him

I'm sure that was a factor but I don't know if it was the deciding factor.

Sark loved to play games like that with recruiting. See Ryan Turman for another example.

I don't get the sense that Pete would offer a guy just to establish a pipeline or as part of a package deal.
  • Options
    HeretoBeatmyChestHeretoBeatmyChest Member Posts: 4,295
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment
    I think we could have a class of 26 or 27.
  • Options
    doogsinparadisedoogsinparadise Member Posts: 9,320
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary Name Dropper

Kitna's kid maybe?
  • Options
    TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,815
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes 5 Fuck Offs

I'm sure that was a factor but I don't know if it was the deciding factor.

Sark loved to play games like that with recruiting. See Ryan Turman for another example.

I don't get the sense that Pete would offer a guy just to establish a pipeline or as part of a package deal.
    Did anybody ever evaluate Turman's towel waving and lawnmower abilities?
  • Options
    TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,815
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes 5 Fuck Offs
    I agree that we will finish strong ...

I love getting a number of LBs in a class because that is also a foundation of great special teams.
  • Options
    GreenRiverGatorzGreenRiverGatorz Member Posts: 10,147
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes

Disagree. Pete won't do that with an already established dynasty like Bellevue (see Mustafa Branch), so I don't see why he would do that for a program that just produced it's first FBS player in a decade. Warren was offered because he's a good player and fills a position of need.
  • Options
    Dennis_DeYoungDennis_DeYoung Member Posts: 14,754
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    Cooper Pelluer was taken as a retaliatory strike against Hawai'i for trying to poach a UW recruit. I can't remember who.

Sark was a fucking moron.
  • Options
    GrundleStiltzkinGrundleStiltzkin Member Posts: 61,481
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter

Cooper Pelluer was taken as a retaliatory strike against Hawai'i for trying to poach a UW recruit. I can't remember who.

I never blame kids for choosing Hawai'i.
  • Options
    RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam

Scott Crichton was waiting for an offer too. Sark wasn't only a moron, he was a lazy piece of shit who did very little evaluating after his top guys.
  • Options
    MikeDamoneMikeDamone Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 37,781
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Petersen needs to realize this is not the MWC.