Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Marques Tuiasosopo recalls Miracle 80-yard TD drive to beat Stanford

Comments

• Options
    DooglesDoogles Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 12,475
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Saw that Game with my brother, dad, and grandpa and will never forget it. There might have been about 2 thousand fans total in the stadium that day. Big time rain. After Curtis went down it felt like a cemetery, just an eerie feeling in the air, and the game took a turn. I believe they recovered back to back onside kicks to take the lead, and my heart sank, just couldn't believe that's how it was going to end.

Their QB was Randy Fasani who was a little bit of Sacramento area legend for Del Oro but hadn't done anything after being the top rated signal caller in the country out of high school. I just remember him having sour grapes on the radio, saying something about did you see our comeback? What a game. Nice share Derek.
  • Options
    TommySQCTommySQC Member Posts: 5,813
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Doogles said:

Saw that Game with my brother, dad, and grandpa and will never forget it. There might have been about 2 thousand fans total in the stadium that day. Big time rain. After Curtis went down it felt like a cemetery, just an eerie feeling in the air, and the game took a turn. I believe they recovered back to back onside kicks to take the lead, and my heart sank, just couldn't believe that's how it was going to end.

Their QB was Randy Fasani who was a little bit of Sacramento area legend for Del Oro but hadn't done anything after being the top rated signal caller in the country out of high school. I just remember him having sour grapes on the radio, saying something about did you see our comeback? What a game. Nice share Derek.

I was there. West side about the 30 where the ball was set before the Robbins TD. How many onside kicks did they get in a row including the one that was called back offsides?

• Options
    HuskyJWHuskyJW Guest, Member Posts: 14,184
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    edited December 2014
    Game wasn't even on tv in North Idaho where I was...I listened to it on the radio.
  • Options
    AlexisAlexis Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 3,000
    Swaye's Wigwam
    With tyrone as the Stanford coach, I'm surprised anyone here is surprised he blew a game in a minute.

That trip was one of the most depressing Saturdays ever, but my puke and rally Friday night at the hotel bar was pretty cool. I'm pretty sure the waitress who had to take my puke filled pitcher away from the table appreciated when I told her she was sweet, I'd kiss her but I had puke breath.
    Good times, good times.
  • Options
    MikeDamoneMikeDamone Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 37,781
    Swaye's Wigwam
    edited December 2014
    I was there. Hung over. And it rained like hell all day. AS Doogles said, not many fans there. I actually think there were more UW fans than Stanford fans.
  • Options
    MikeDamoneMikeDamone Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 37,781
    Swaye's Wigwam
    HuskyJW said:

Game wasn't even on tv in North Idaho where I was...I listened to it on the radio.

At a rally in Hayden Lake?
  • Options
    DooglesDoogles Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 12,475
    Swaye's Wigwam

I was there. Hung over. And it rained like hell all day. AS Doogles said, not many fans there. I actually think there were more UW fans than Stanford fans.

You're exactly right. The Husky fans were still SEC caliber at this point and we took over the stadium, which wasn't hard to do because about 4 families of 5 showed up for the Stanford faithful.

It was a relentless rain and they were under .500 coming off a Rose Bowl season, but still an embarrassing showing.

Stanford did not deserve the Harbaugh/Luck/Shaw (he popped off) years. Worst football fans in the Pac.
  • Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,449
    Swaye's Wigwam
    At the same time Stanford was coming back ASU was blowing a big lead to oregon leaving our Rose Bowl hopes in apparent tatters.
  • Options
    whatshouldicareaboutwhatshouldicareabout Member Posts: 12,451

At the same time Stanford was coming back ASU was blowing a big lead to oregon leaving our Rose Bowl hopes in apparent tatters.

I remember someone shouting in the rain soaked bathroom, "Fuck, I don't wanna go to the Holiday Bowl again!"

Oh, if only we knew of the dark decade ahead....
  • Options
    Dennis_DeYoungDennis_DeYoung Member Posts: 14,754
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    That honestly must be the greatest play sequence in Husky history. Tui was a fucking football genius. If he'd played at FSU or Miami that year, he'd have won two Heismans for that drive alone.
  • Options
    GladstoneGladstone Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 16,417
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club
    Tui is and always will be the fucking man.