Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Choate on the 2015 DL per Jood

http://blogs.seattletimes.com/huskyfootball/2014/12/15/uw-notes-on-budda-bakers-snaps-count-john-ross-iiis-future-as-a-two-way-threat-and-vita-veas-potential/

Coach Choate has some high praise for Mathis, Dissly and Vea from this interview by Jood. We already knew about Mathis' intensity (he was distruptive in his limited playing time this season) and Dissly's intellect (how he was able to contribute as a no star recruit from Montana that no one gave a chance to), so I think the most significant portion of the interview was Choate's words on Vea.

[Vita Vea] has more physical talent than Danny does,” Choate said. “But he’s not where Danny’s at in terms of the reps he’s had and really understanding the game Danny does. So that’s the challenge for us as coaches, to push him in that direction.”

Considering how much of a beast Shelton was, that's extremely high praise for a 346 pound true freshman. I'm curious to see how they use him, Qualls and Gaines this season at the interior spots, and if Mathis fills in for Kikaha and Dissly for A.Hudson. I hope we're able to keep Choate for a long time considering how well the DL played this year compared to every season since probably Randy Hart.

Comments