Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Comments

• Options
    PassionPassion Member Posts: 4,622
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2014
    Now THAT is what I'm talkin' about!

Isn't this Lars guy associated with the website run by the batshit crazy lady?

Highlights: hudl.com/athlete/750653/highlights/209519376
  • Options
    CuntWaffleCuntWaffle Member Posts: 22,493
    First Anniversary 5 Fuck Offs 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Coaches read Passion's poast
  • Options
    SarkinghamSarkingham Member Posts: 286
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes Name Dropper 5 Up Votes
    edited December 2014
    I'm an idiot and can't figure out how to post the Twatter shit. But the kid just posted that he flipped. Sounds like Arizona DWHA...

I Ricky McCoy announce my big flip from Az to The Univeristy of Washington, great staff and program and great opportunities

• Options
    GrundleStiltzkinGrundleStiltzkin Member Posts: 61,481
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter

I Ricky McCoy announce my big flip from Az to The Univeristy of Washington, great staff and program and great opportunities

• Options
    dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Twatter comes through once again
  • Options
    insinceredawginsinceredawg Member Posts: 5,117
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    Instant analysis from PDF. This is why I pay $10.95 a month!

Ricky McCoy seems like a kid that could do well with a RS year. Great size, 6-4, 270. I'm not sure he can add much more size, but he can certainly hit the weights and get stronger, tone up, depending on where he's going. If he's a nose, he can add weight to the gut, create low center of gravity.

Nothing real special on film, but nothing bad either. Has good speed, primarily bull rushes the OL. Has good coordination and is comfortable in his frame. Reacts how you'd want a DL to react, quick and with precision, not slow and sloppy, like he hit a growth spurt and his brain hasn't caught up with his size.

Not sure of the level of competition, but he did make his way into the back field pretty easily most of the time. Aggressive. Is a guy that won't stop fighting until someone with the ball is on the ground or the ball is in his hands (high motor).

Overall, a good pickup. Good to have depth on the DL. A RS year should be expected and will help him learn more technique and create a more college type frame.
  • Options
    TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,815
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes 5 Fuck Offs
    It all starts in the trenches ...

Could see this one coming back in September when he opened back up and had a lot of nice things to say about why he was looking at Washington.

Also, hard to not notice that a constant theme in kids that are jumping on the OKG wagon about how the coaching/program infrastructure is a major factor in their decision. I seem to recall a banana obsessed individual questioning whether the "built for life" philosophy (read OKG) would work at a high level.
  • Options
    TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,815
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes 5 Fuck Offs
    Does anybody have a sense of where we are with what remains? I think this is #19 in the class of 25 - but only 17 against this year's class with Browning and Manu coming in early.

What's a realistic list of those competing for the 8 remaining spots?

At this point, I definitely think we could find a way to get 10-15 more in if we were really trying to.
  • Options
    MrsPetersenMrsPetersen Member Posts: 724
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes Name Dropper First Comment
    edited December 2014
    Tequilla said:

What's a realistic list of those competing for the 8 remaining spots?

Good q... off the top of my head realistically: Austin Joyner, Potatoe, Jusstis Warren come to mind.

Others that there doesn't seem to be much info on Twitter about:
    James Empey
    Tevis Bartlett
    Xavier Castille
  • Options
    PurpleBazePurpleBaze Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 29,488
    Founders Club
    Petersen can't recruit.
  • Options
    HeretoBeatmyChestHeretoBeatmyChest Member Posts: 4,295
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment
    Can someone care to analyze McCoy? No I don't care for purpledoogfan's analysis.
  • Options
    bananasnblondesbananasnblondes Member Posts: 14,921
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter

Instant analysis from PDF. This is why I pay $10.95 a month!

Ricky McCoy seems like a kid that could do well with a RS year. Great size, 6-4, 270. I'm not sure he can add much more size, but he can certainly hit the weights and get stronger, tone up, depending on where he's going. If he's a nose, he can add weight to the gut, create low center of gravity.

Nothing real special on film, but nothing bad either. Has good speed, primarily bull rushes the OL. Has good coordination and is comfortable in his frame. Reacts how you'd want a DL to react, quick and with precision, not slow and sloppy, like he hit a growth spurt and his brain hasn't caught up with his size.

Not sure of the level of competition, but he did make his way into the back field pretty easily most of the time. Aggressive. Is a guy that won't stop fighting until someone with the ball is on the ground or the ball is in his hands (high motor).

Overall, a good pickup. Good to have depth on the DL. A RS year should be expected and will help him learn more technique and create a more college type frame.

I like how he says a whole lot of cliché stuff without actually saying anything of substance
  • Options
    whatshouldicareaboutwhatshouldicareabout Member Posts: 12,476

I'm an idiot and can't figure out how to post the Twatter shit. But the kid just posted that he flipped. Sounds like Arizona DWHA...

He was recruited by and committed to Arizona back in March to play TE there. DickRod told him that he was the only TE they'd take in this class, but got the kid from Silverdale as another TE. That irked McCoy but he remained with them until Arizona got another TE commit in September. After that they pretty much stopped talking to each other...
  • Options
    Dennis_DeYoungDennis_DeYoung Member Posts: 14,754
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    Here's my input: he looks great. His technique sucks, but he moves really well for a guy of his size and is 'country' strong (even though he's obviously edgy).

I think when he hits people, he has a good thump to him and he moves very well.

The cons might be pros—he's kind of soft and he has bad technique.

These are things I think would eliminate him with this staff if they felt seriously bad about them.

This is the kind of kid who is kind of a different body type than what we've had. He's long, but thick. He reminds me more of some of the good DLs WSU has had over the years, honestly.

I like this a lot—see my other poast where I said he, Potatoe, Skorpios and Fotu will make a good haul of 3-4 DE types.
  • Options
    fivehundredmileDAWGfivehundredmileDAWG Member Posts: 1,210
    Name Dropper 5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment

Here's my input: he looks great. His technique sucks, but he moves really well for a guy of his size and is 'country' strong (even though he's obviously edgy).

I think when he hits people, he has a good thump to him and he moves very well.

The cons might be pros—he's kind of soft and he has bad technique.

These are things I think would eliminate him with this staff if they felt seriously bad about them.

This is the kind of kid who is kind of a different body type than what we've had. He's long, but thick. He reminds me more of some of the good DLs WSU has had over the years, honestly.

I like this a lot—see my other poast where I said he, Potatoe, Skorpios and Fotu will make a good haul of 3-4 DE types.

Up voted for saying 'country strong but edgy' .... Paints a picture....

.... Don't go twisting ...