Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Oregon State=Classy

HuskyJWHuskyJW Guest, Member Posts: 14,185
First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
edited December 2014 in Hardcore Husky Board
I do like the "we did it first" shot across the bow though.

http://www.oregonlive.com/s/heisman/

Comments

• Options
    doogsinparadisedoogsinparadise Member Posts: 9,320
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary Name Dropper
    That's called "trolling," not being "classy."
  • Options
    PurpleJPurpleJ Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 36,540
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    edited December 2014

You mean like the Oregon State game ;)

hardcorehusky.com/forums/#/discussion/15475/official-fucking-off-of-the-gloves-thread
  • Options
    RavennaDawgRavennaDawg Member Posts: 846
    Name Dropper Photogenic 5 Awesomes First Anniversary
    Only Heisman winner to play in the Final Four is still a pretty cool trivia answer.
  • Options
    Mosster47Mosster47 Member Posts: 6,246
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Sounds like the Beavers. "We know because we did it in 1952." I'm sure the person that made that web page was old enough to remember Terry Baker's great season 62 fucking years ago!

• Options
    AZDuckAZDuck Member Posts: 15,381
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Answer
    It's all good. You know you're doing well when your two biggest rivals are using their history and tradition to smack talk you in the present
  • Options
    haiehaie Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 20,519
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    AZDuck said:

It's all good. You know you're doing well when your two biggest rivals are using their history and tradition to smack talk you in the present

Oregon hasn't even played the defending champs yet, that have arguably more talent across the board than them, that don't shit their pants in any big game situation. If they win that, they play a team that will for sure have better players 1:1 at every position except maybe 2.

It's a little early for any smack talk.
  • Options
    AZDuckAZDuck Member Posts: 15,381
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Answer
    haie said:

AZDuck said:

Oregon hasn't even played the defending champs yet, that have arguably more talent across the board than them, that don't shit their pants in any big game situation. If they win that, they play a team that will for sure have better players 1:1 at every position except maybe 2.

Disagree. Oregon won the conference and the Heisman. Nobody in the league is going to touch our accomplishments this season. I'd rather lose to FSU in the Rose than beat Boise State in the Fiesta, especially after a 51-13 beatdown in the conference championship game.

Are we quooking? Hell yes.

But I think that quooking is pretty justified.

Also, the stats geeks say we have the best shot of anyone to win the first title, so there's that. Hopefully the guys can get it done on the field.
  • Options
    creepycougcreepycoug Member Posts: 22,749
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Photogenic
    AZDuck said:

haie said:

AZDuck said:

Disagree. Oregon won the conference and the Heisman. Nobody in the league is going to touch our accomplishments this season. I'd rather lose to FSU in the Rose than beat Boise State in the Fiesta, especially after a 51-13 beatdown in the conference championship game.

Also, the stats geeks say we have the best shot of anyone to win the first title, so there's that. Hopefully the guys can get it done on the field.
    I honestly don't think you will. I can see possibly getting by FSU, because there is no Kelvin Benjamin around to bail out squinty. He's doing that on Sundays now.

I just don't think Oregon is built for two very tough and physical games in a row in that they are already working with a patchwork O line.
  • Options
    Fire_Marshall_BillFire_Marshall_Bill Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 22,861
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club
    AZDuck said:

Football started 20 years ago.
  • Options
    doogsinparadisedoogsinparadise Member Posts: 9,320
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary Name Dropper

AZDuck said:

haie said:

AZDuck said:

I honestly don't think you will. I can see possibly getting by FSU, because there is no Kelvin Benjamin around to bail out squinty. He's doing that on Sundays now.

I just don't think Oregon is built for two very tough and physical games in a row in that they are already working with a patchwork O line.
    Enough with the Benjamin ass licking, FSU have more than enough playmakers to keep Oregon honest and if they lose that won't be the reason.
  • Options
    Mosster47Mosster47 Member Posts: 6,246
    edited December 2014
    Like you saw against GTech, the Noles' (ILCTN, ILTDT) have very little edge speed on defense. Everyone in the building knows what GTech is going to run 99% of the time and they still had fits trying to stop it. Oregon is way faster than Tech and they can play balanced better than anyone in the country.

The O-line won't be a patch job. Grasu is coming back. The only person missing is Andre Y and he only played in three games. Now injuries could happened against the Noles, but as of today Oregon's line as about as healthy as anyone could hope for this late in the year.
  • Options

AZDuck said:

haie said:

AZDuck said:

Enough with the Benjamin ass licking, FSU have more than enough playmakers to keep Oregon honest and if they lose that won't be the reason.
    Not like him. Greene is great but can be covered. Benjamin couldn't be.

O'leary is a problem. So is cook.
  • Options
    LaZorisLaZoris Member Posts: 1,628
    Standard Supporter
    Fuck I thought that was a great jab from OSU stating they had already done it 52 years prior. Proof football was invented before '94
  • Options
    ThomasFremontThomasFremont Member Posts: 13,325
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    So when the Ducks win the Natty (ILTCIT), do we switch the taunt from "Zero!!1!" to "FIRST!!1!"???

TIA
  • Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,462
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam

I'm a classy troll
  • Options
    H_DH_D Member Posts: 6,098
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment

I'm a classy troll
  • Options
    dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    AZDuck said:

haie said:

AZDuck said:

Also says you only win it 1 out of every 3 times. I honestly thought your chances were better than that.
  • Options
    oregonblitzkriegoregonblitzkrieg Member Posts: 15,288
    AZDuck said:

haie said:

AZDuck said:

When AZDuck is quooking, you know the ducks are rolling. Good times.
  • Options
    oregonblitzkriegoregonblitzkrieg Member Posts: 15,288

AZDuck said:

haie said:

AZDuck said:

Oh, you mean games like Stanford and Utah back to back (who happen to be the 2 teams in the PAC 12 most known for their 'physicality')? Those were blowouts, weren't they?
  • Options
    edited December 2014

AZDuck said:

haie said:

AZDuck said:

Oh, you mean games like Stanford and Utah back to back (who happen to be the 2 teams in the PAC 12 most known for their 'physicality')? Those were blowouts, weren't they?
    Look, I'm not dooging here. Unlike many, I've never had an Oregon complex. Maybe because my allegiances are split. I don't know, but I just don't care.

So with that said, Stanford and Utah aren't FSU and Alabama. Maybe FSU won't be the issue. Don't know that one for sure, but I like their running game now a lot more than I like either Furd's or Utah's. And Utah had a retard for a QB. Not that Winston isn't a retard. He is - a big one. But just not on the field.

But Alabama is another matter altogether. I just don't see Oregon getting by both. That's a tall order.