Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

When they look back in the anals of Duck football history

2»

Comments

• Options
    creepycougcreepycoug Member Posts: 22,749
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Photogenic

Tequilla said:

I love when people claim that they know what you are thinking ... particularly when that person doesn't even know you.

Good for Mariota. Could care less about Oregon in general.

I value wins more than I value stats.

Winning ugly >>> Losing pretty

Sure, I'd love to see a UW player win the Heisman one day. I'd trade the Heisman every single day for a National Title.

Hence your original post...
    :wink:
  • Options
    SwayeSwaye Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 41,067
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club

Instead of trying to interpret what I am or am not saying when I haven't said something, why don't you ask somebody instead? People trying to read shit into things that aren't there is one of the most fucktarded things that we do in society.

kind of like your tin foil hat theory about Wisconsin? or do you have admissible evidence?

winning ugly.

that, my friend, is a different conversation than "wins vs. trophies".

you're right. i do, occasionally, get confused. i'm confused right now about why you're confused over why your comment about ugly wins was initially confusing.

I didn't say you said he wasn't deserving. decent attempt at a red herring. I said your response was sour grapes. and it was.

and was he really seriously beating his chest about Oregon being superior to UW like in a "superior history" sense? I rather doubt it. even the dumbest ducks I know understand that they are at least a title and a decade or two away from that. I think he was being sarcastic.

I think you read into his comment what you wanted to read into it so you could bring up 1991. let's be honest.

or do you really think there are a lot of Oregon fans out there who think that it was the Heisman that's made them the now more historically significant program?

and you got on my ass for mind reading.

75K? Judges?
  • Options
    dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    AZDuck said:

Mariota still has his shot at the ring, though.

Of course, he only has to beat the #3 and #1 (probable) teams in CFB to get it.

Just think, if this were 1991, we'd be playing Ohio State in the Rose and we would probably cruise to a split title with Bama after they beat whoever in the Sugar.

The title is harder to win now for sure, but whoever gets it will have earned it, and there is a lot of great football on NYE and NYD this year, so I'm kind of coming around on this playoff thing.

If this was 91 Florida State beats some dreck in the Orange Bowel and is the undisputed unbeaten national champion.

hth
  • Options
    KaepskneeKaepsknee Member Posts: 14,751
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment
    Tequilla said:

I love when people claim that they know what you are thinking ... particularly when that person doesn't even know you.

Sure, I'd love to see a UW player win the Heisman one day. I'd trade the Heisman every single day for a National Title.

You can't win half of a Heisman.
  • Options
    TierbsHsotBoobsTierbsHsotBoobs Member Posts: 39,680
    Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary
    AZDuck said:

Mariota still has his shot at the ring, though.

Of course, he only has to beat the #3 and #1 (probable) teams in CFB to get it.

Just think, if this were 1991, we'd be playing Ohio State in the Rose and we would probably cruise to a split title with Bama after they beat whoever in the Sugar.

The title is harder to win now for sure, but whoever gets it will have earned it, and there is a lot of great football on NYE and NYD this year, so I'm kind of coming around on this playoff thing.

Disagree. The Bama/FSU Sugar Bowl winner would be the national champ in both poles.
  • Options
    HuskyJWHuskyJW Guest, Member Posts: 14,188
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
  • Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,726
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    salemcoog said:

Tequilla said:

You can't help being a coog
  • Options
    KaepskneeKaepsknee Member Posts: 14,751
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment

salemcoog said:

Tequilla said:

You can't help being a coog

I see the irony of my handle is not lost upon you.

• Options
    creepycougcreepycoug Member Posts: 22,749
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Photogenic

Le Crepe Coug would have welcomed the Nazis to Paris

How in the fuck did I miss this Race?

You are on your game lately my freng.